Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Interesting thread. Quick question: Aston, were you prescribed Arimidex, or self prescribed? If prescribed by a doctor, what for? Were you experiencing gynecomastia before as well?
    I pressed her to either prescribe me periodical estrogen tests or a low arimidex dose and she gave up objecting fairly fast. I also mentioned how other finasteride users commonly used it, as well as body builders. If you really just want to stay on the safe side with things like gynecomastia you can lie and report pain in your breast, then keep the meds stored away. From what i understand, for gynecomastia it's important to treat it at an earlier stage, when you experience pain and/or swelling of the nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Unfortunately there isn't really any evidence showing that general health and diet correlate with when MPB strikes in your lifetime. Generally healthy people with good dietary history start balding in their teens, 20's or 30's all the time. (And then generally unhealthy people with a lifetime of terrible eating habits live to age 60 or beyond with a Norwood 2... the bastards)
    By 35 most of us are losing our hair to genetic alopecia. It's a dominant gene.
    While your reasoning is agreeable, the subject isn't so easy to categorize. Gene expression and metabolic changes can be extremely complex and we still don't have a clear "pattern" to refer to. This is mostly because each human subject has both different genes and different habits. This matter can only be dismissed by first dismissing all possible deterministic approaches possible.
    While a genetic cause is obviously part of the answer, the same is true for diabetes type 2, yet the latter is clearly caused by unhealthy habits.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    type 2 diabetes is not a life sentence. You can heal from it despite what your doctor tells you.
    Yes, that's what i'm basing my argument on. Albeit everyone thought diabetes 2 was impossible to cure with a dietary change and a lifelong condition for decades, recently this was actually proven to be at least partially false. I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with MPB.

did immortalhair sent you here?
    No, i just read wikipedia.