+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Interesting thread. Quick question: Aston, were you prescribed Arimidex, or self prescribed? If prescribed by a doctor, what for? Were you experiencing gynecomastia before as well?
    I pressed her to either prescribe me periodical estrogen tests or a low arimidex dose and she gave up objecting fairly fast. I also mentioned how other finasteride users commonly used it, as well as body builders. If you really just want to stay on the safe side with things like gynecomastia you can lie and report pain in your breast, then keep the meds stored away. From what i understand, for gynecomastia it's important to treat it at an earlier stage, when you experience pain and/or swelling of the nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Unfortunately there isn't really any evidence showing that general health and diet correlate with when MPB strikes in your lifetime. Generally healthy people with good dietary history start balding in their teens, 20's or 30's all the time. (And then generally unhealthy people with a lifetime of terrible eating habits live to age 60 or beyond with a Norwood 2... the bastards)
    By 35 most of us are losing our hair to genetic alopecia. It's a dominant gene.
    While your reasoning is agreeable, the subject isn't so easy to categorize. Gene expression and metabolic changes can be extremely complex and we still don't have a clear "pattern" to refer to. This is mostly because each human subject has both different genes and different habits. This matter can only be dismissed by first dismissing all possible deterministic approaches possible.
    While a genetic cause is obviously part of the answer, the same is true for diabetes type 2, yet the latter is clearly caused by unhealthy habits.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    type 2 diabetes is not a life sentence. You can heal from it despite what your doctor tells you.
    Yes, that's what i'm basing my argument on. Albeit everyone thought diabetes 2 was impossible to cure with a dietary change and a lifelong condition for decades, recently this was actually proven to be at least partially false. I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with MPB.

did immortalhair sent you here?
    No, i just read wikipedia.

type 2 diabetes is not a life sentence. You can heal from it despite what your doctor tells you.

did immortalhair sent you here?
    2020 if diet has no impact on health or baldness then why take the borage oil, toco pills that you are taking???

according to you, diet has nothing to do with baldness, what makes you think taking those pills, which can be found in diets, will have any impact on your hair???

loool

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    2020 if diet has no impact on health or baldness then why take the borage oil, toco pills that you are taking???

according to you, diet has nothing to do with baldness, what makes you think taking those pills, which can be found in diets, will have any impact on your hair???

loool
    you can never get enough of those vitamins in those kind of quantities from any diet.....

seriously? is it that time again? are we back to diet causes hair loss? This is boring, let's bring back masturbation causes hair loss topic.

you can never get enough of those vitamins in those kind of quantities from any diet.....

seriously? is it that time again? are we back to diet causes hair loss? This is boring, let's bring back masturbation causes hair loss topic.

lol maybe not your diet but in certain diets it can and does, witnessed by the low rates of mpb in certain cultures.

anyway, be careful of the borage oil though, there are reports EFA's can cause/increase hair loss.

lol maybe not your diet but in certain diets it can and does, witnessed by the low rates of mpb in certain cultures.
    oh dude just stop.... mexico is one of the unhealthiest nations on the planet yet mexicans rarely go bald. Diet?
    Difference races, different genes.

People were going bald way before all these American diseases came into the world. Take a look at your currency - most presidents were bald back then 200+ years ago. Diet won't make a difference.

oh dude just stop.... mexico is one of the unhealthiest nations on the planet yet mexicans rarely go bald. Diet?
    Difference races, different genes.

People were going bald way before all these American diseases came into the world. Take a look at your currency - most presidents were bald back then 200+ years ago. Diet won't make a difference.

Diet has an influence on balding, it wont stop you from going bald due to the lack of consistency in the diet.

I will be following your borage oil diet. What norwood are you?

Diet has an influence on balding, it wont stop you from going bald due to the lack of consistency in the diet.
    how ****ing convenient for your theory... diet has an impact on MPB yet if you tried testing it out(perfect diet) it wouldn't work because "it doesn't work that way"....

I will be following your borage oil diet.
    god damnit I told you. The amount of GLA that one pill contains is impossible to reach with diet.
    In that study they were taking THREE times as much as there is in one pill.

What norwood are you?
    somewhere between here

and here

how ****ing convenient for your theory... diet has an impact on MPB yet if you tried testing it out(perfect diet) it wouldn't work because "it doesn't work that way"....

god damnit I told you. The amount of GLA that one pill contains is impossible to reach with diet.
    In that study they were taking THREE times as much as there is in one pill.

somewhere between here

and here

diet does and always will have an influence on baldness.
    It depends on what theory you follow.
    I explianed my theory, and based on this theory, its a whole new ball game.

diet does and always will have an influence on baldness.
    It depends on what theory you follow.
    I explianed my theory, and based on this theory, its a whole new ball game.
    your only legit argument was that SOME diets will make you produce more/less DHT so that's why diet matters....

is that it?

your only legit argument was that SOME diets will make you produce more/less DHT so that's why diet matters....

is that it?
    thats one aspect.
    re-read that thread you trolled on.