• May 2012

18 and balding or adult hairline?

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p63 ... 020PM5.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p63 ... 020PM3.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p63 ... 1019PM.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p63 ... t631PM.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p63 ... t248PM.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p63 ... 041PM3.jpg

So is it paranoia? You can see my scalp under direct light and I am not sure if it is just because I have thin hair or I am thinning. My temples are straight and I may have a widows peak because I dont think its receding but it looks like it.
  • Paranoid
    • May 2012

Anyone? bump

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
      • Oct 2011

those links are all broken.

Comment

• Paranoid
        • May 2012

Comment

• mrblol
          • Apr 2012

Have you been having an itchy scalp latley ? how many hairs have you been losing each day ?

Comment

• john2399
            • Jan 2012

Your fine. go live your life.

Comment

• Paranoid
              • May 2012

Originally posted by mrblol
              Have you been having an itchy scalp latley ? how many hairs have you been losing each day ?
              Im not sure. Itchy scalp not really. I never really see any hairs on my pillow. When I take a shower its just less than 10. When I comb its not alot either. I dont think alot atleast not clumps of it.

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

Hi Paranoid,

You have a natural and normal adult male hair line. It is not possible to tell if there is anything else going on using the photos you have provided. If you can post good quality photos of your vertex and mid-anterior with your hair parted down the middle, both wet and dry, that would work much better.

Comment

• Paranoid
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                  Hi Paranoid,

You have a natural and normal adult male hair line. It is not possible to tell if there is anything else going on using the photos you have provided. If you can post good quality photos of your vertex and mid-anterior with your hair parted down the middle, both wet and dry, that would work much better.
                  I will but am I supposed to have an adult hairline at 18 already?

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Paranoid
                    I will but am I supposed to have an adult hairline at 18 already?
                    Sure. Why wouldn't you? Get out and about and look around. You will see many young males who are about your age, some a couple of years younger, and they have adult male hair lines as well. It's a natural and normal male physical trait like a deeper voice, bigger hands, bigger feet, wider shoulders and stronger muscles.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                      • Jan 2011

It looks like you're going to be bald some day, but not now. Doctors can't possibly put you on any drug at this point. The only person who knows he's balding, is the person himself. I remember when I started balding, nobody else saw it but me, I seemed "paranoid". My parents didn't want to help me because they didn't see anything wrong, every one was telling me i'm fine. But only you know when there's something wrong. Apparently, I did something about my aggressive hair loss a couple of years too late. I took other people's advice and did nothing about it. If you think you're losing hair, you do something about it. It's your hair, and if you go out taking people's advice that you're fine and just forget about it, when you know you're not fine, you're gonna lose your hair and be just like those people. And you're gonna regret not doing something about it earlier.

All i'm gonna say is, keep an eye on it. Monitor your hair loss. When you feel you should do something about it, follow your instincts and do it.

Comment

• Paranoid
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                        It looks like you're going to be bald some day, but not now. Doctors can't possibly put you on any drug at this point. The only person who knows he's balding, is the person himself. I remember when I started balding, nobody else saw it but me, I seemed "paranoid". My parents didn't want to help me because they didn't see anything wrong, every one was telling me i'm fine. But only you know when there's something wrong. Apparently, I did something about my aggressive hair loss a couple of years too late. I took other people's advice and did nothing about it. If you think you're losing hair, you do something about it. It's your hair, and if you go out taking people's advice that you're fine and just forget about it, when you know you're not fine, you're gonna lose your hair and be just like those people. And you're gonna regret not doing something about it earlier.

All i'm gonna say is, keep an eye on it. Monitor your hair loss. When you feel you should do something about it, follow your instincts and do it.
                        It all happened when I became really sick and I lost 20 pounds. So being 5'10 and 120 pounds wasnt healthy at all. I noticed my hair looked worse. (Only I did) it has became better atleast in my opinion. I will keep an eye on it as I always have been. I have asked alot of people even girls who cut my hair and they just laugh at me. So I am over reacting to some point but I will keep an eye on it and maybe get something done. I do have some baby hairs around my hairline but they look thick and growing. I do take vitamins and try to eat healthy but being 18 thats hard to do at times lol. I am just looking for direct confirmation that I am not balding right now.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                          • Jan 2011

Nope, you're not bald right now.

Comment

• Paranoid
                            • May 2012

Thank you. I know I will always look after my hair. My family isnt that bad either. My dad lost his hair in the 40s but that was a multitude of things and my moms father just had thin hair. I will always keep an eye on it. Thank you.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                              • Jan 2011

You're dad is lucky then, he had a good young-adulthood, 20s, 30s life. My dad started at 25, I started almost 10 years earlier than him. The earliest signs of trouble was 14 years old, i'm not lying. It was not much though, still had so much hair that it wasn't noticeable to other people, just me. I started really losing noticeable amounts of hair when I was 18, then it got at it's all time high at 19 and 20. I'm 23 now. It looks worse because I also have Alopecia Areata, which is patches of hair loss, which was treated with corticosteroid injections at my dermatologist. I also suffered from Vitiligo on my face at the same time, now cured/no signs I ever had it, thanks to twice a day use of Protopic ointment. Dermatologist says these are autoimmune diseases, the AA and vitiligo. It's when your own body is attacking itself. These 3 things all happened at around the same age frame, give or take a year. They're all genetic, but something triggers them, either high volumes of stress or something, so I was basically f-cked from the day I was born.

Comment

Working...