+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I agree with you that the idea of a mature hairline is somewhat silly. A mature hairline is a mature hairline until it's a Norwood 2.

Nevertheless, I think her point is that slight frontal recession is so common that it is not necessarily pathological and doesn't predict further hair loss. Simple observation will confirm this. How many 40 year old white males do you see with hairlines that look like those of boys or women? Probably none. Even those we describe as having a full head of hair will usually not have a totally straight hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by Unterleigen View Post
    I agree with you that the idea of a mature hairline is somewhat silly. A mature hairline is a mature hairline until it's a Norwood 2.

Nevertheless, I think her point is that slight frontal recession is so common that it is not necessarily pathological and doesn't predict further hair loss. Simple observation will confirm this. How many 40 year old white males do you see with hairlines that look like those of boys or women? Probably none. Even those we describe as having a full head of hair will usually not have a totally straight hairline.
    i agree on that, a mature hairline does not indicate future crown baldness.
    although there is a high chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    how do they fit in to your truth?
    It is not "my" truth. It is "the" truth.

Some males never develop an adult male hair line. These cases are very rare though. This is not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    i agree, there is no such thing as a mature hairline...
    That is absolutely not true. Get out and about and look around. You will see it anywhere and everywhere you look, especially in caucasion males. If you think you don't see it, you are simply igoring it - because it is right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unterleigen View Post
    Norwood 2 IS the adult male hair line. Many males keep their hair for decades after they develop their adult male hair lines. The majority of males do not though.

You folks can insist on rejecting this truth all you want. The truth is still the truth whether you like it or not. It isn't going to go away simply because you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is not "my" truth. It is "the" truth.

Some males never develop an adult male hair line. These cases are very rare though. This is not the norm.

That is absolutely not true. Get out and about and look around. You will see it anywhere and everywhere you look, especially in caucasion males. If you think you don't see it, you are simply igoring it - because it is right in front of you.

Norwood 2 IS the adult male hair line. Many males keep their hair for decades after they develop their adult male hair lines. The majority of males do not though.

You folks can insist on rejecting this truth all you want. The truth is still the truth whether you like it or not. It isn't going to go away simply because you don't like it.
    Ha I think both you guys are right and don't realize you are saying the same thing (well almost).

When I first got on the net all I had was the mature hairline. Back then many hair sites said that 95-99% of all white males get them, but not to worry as they will stop and you will be fine. I repeated that to someone on another board and 4-5 guys jumped in and said that was only half right. Yes it stops but almost always eventually starts up again at some point.

I am going to attempt to post a link. This hair doc says he has seen a few nw2's stay in place but otherwise mpb is always progressive.
    The link did not work so put the words at the bottom together with . to get the link. Bottom line you are kinda saying the same thing just a bit different.

http://www.***************/general-h...air-loss-stop/

www regrowhair com /general-hair-loss-topics/does-hair-loss-stop/

Norwood 2 IS the adult male hair line.
    Norwood 2 is a receded hair line, part of MPB.

The Norwood scale IS to identify in what level the person with Male Pattern Baldness is in.

If you notice, the Norwood scale already starts with the matured M shaped hair line that you keep bringing up. That's Norwood 1. Norwood 1=Matured hair line/M shaped hairline.

Norwood 2=receding hairline. You're in the MPB club.

A juvenile/youthful hairline is straight, not m shaped like norwood 1 shows in all of it's charts.

Well what I dont get is that. My temples arent receding or in. They are straight along the side of my head. But I have the M hairline. Did I lose hair at my temples then or have I always had this hairline?

Edit: And does this mean I could possibly be bald at 20 or would it be until like 40? Does it just rely on genetics at this point?

By having this harline am I more prone to balding too?

I started like you 8 months ago now i am full blown nw 2.5 and cannot hide my hair loss without long hair.

There isn't much you can do anyways. Other than taking propecia.

The key point here is to see if you are shedding hair miniaturized or thinner hair, if not then you're good and that's your "mature hairline".

Mature hairline is male pattern baldness but it just stops there.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

I know slightley raised hairlines exist.
    what i meant was, the phrase mature hairline should not exist, it should be classed as hair loss, that is, what it is.