18 and balding or adult hairline? - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54
  1. #31
    Senior Member mpb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    By having this harline am I more prone to balding too?
    Eventually yes, but it might be a long time. For me it was 20 years later before anything else happened. And most of the time it is very slow so you have time to do something if you want to fight it.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I started like you 8 months ago now i am full blown nw 2.5 and cannot hide my hair loss without long hair.

    There isn't much you can do anyways. Other than taking propecia.

    The key point here is to see if you are shedding hair miniaturized or thinner hair, if not then you're good and that's your "mature hairline".

    Mature hairline is male pattern baldness but it just stops there.
    I have had this hairline since last year and my hair strands are still thick I do have the occasional thin hair but those are always at random moments but Ill keep an eye on it. If I pluck a hair from my temples and crown they are still thick.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Norwood 2 is a receded hair line, part of MPB.
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/01/1...e-with-photos/

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    what i meant was, the phrase mature hairline should not exist, it should be classed as hair loss, that is, what it is.
    It needs to exist. Yes, technically the adult male hair line is hair loss. However it is not a good indication of whether or not a male will be bald - because it is a normal male physical trait. It is not cosmetically significant on a male - because it is normal for males. A line needs to be drawn somewhere to show what is a normal male developmental trait and what is hereditary hair loss. This serves as that line.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    gathering of "rare" cases
    You are wasting your energy. Get off your butt, away from the computer, out in the real world where there are a lot of people and look around.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Read that before.

    No way the M shaped hairline in Norwood 1 is a juvenile hairline. My hair line was not M shaped before balding. Norwood 1 looks like a legit M, looks like a widows peak is forming.

    Please, no more Yahoo answers or Ask Jeeves links.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Please, no more Yahoo answers or Ask Jeeves links.
    I did not get that from Yahoo answers or ask Jeeves.

    I do not particularly agree with Dr. Rassman much of the time, however some of what he writes makes sense to me. Especially if I can look around at all the people I see when I am out and about and find evidence that something he said is actually true. This is one of those instances. I can be out in public looking around at all the people I see and I can see what Dr, Rassman is talking about. I can see this when I pickup my nephew from school - in males of high school age. I would never intentionally try to mislead anybody. I say these things because I can see it myself. I pay attention and I am very observant.

    I really like you a lot and I don't want to argue with you. Can we just agree to disagree?

  8. #38
    Senior Member mpb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It needs to exist. Yes, technically the adult male hair line is hair loss. However it is not a good indication of whether or not a male will be bald - because it is a normal male physical trait. It is not cosmetically significant on a male - because it is normal for males. A line needs to be drawn somewhere to show what is a normal male developmental trait and what is hereditary hair loss. This serves as that line.

    How many 70+ year old white men do you see that have no balding?

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    How many 70+ year old white men do you see that have no balding?
    Not many - but what is your point? MPB is the norm? Of course it is. It always has been. Most males will experience it to some degree by the age of 50. However, the point I am making is that the adult male hair line itself is not a good indication that MPB is happening yet. Many males keep their hair for decades after they develop their adult male hair lines. I feel I need to repeat that. So I will. Many males keep their hair for decades after they develop their adult male hair lines.

  10. #40
    Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are wasting your energy. Get off your butt, away from the computer, out in the real world where there are a lot of people and look around.
    lot of men have inherited the genes to develop MPB so it should be no suprise that what's referred to as the mature hairline is commong amongst men, problem?

Similar Threads

  1. Mature hairline or balding
    By lukatherknopfler in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 09:21 AM
  2. FUE for someone who is not balding
    By bomberman in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
  3. I am balding...
    By stratofortress in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
  4. Balding, receding or just a awkward hairline?
    By chilllmatic in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
  5. 16 and balding!!!~~~ help me!
    By ShaunQ in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 03:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Two consultations, two opposing opinions?
07-03-2022 10:55 AM
by JFR
Last Post By JFR
Today 02:40 AM
1600 FUE results, short hair, interview, Dr. Lindsey
02-16-2022 04:59 AM
Last Post By joana
Yesterday 07:31 PM
Celebrity Hairline Disasters - How To Avoid the Kyle Christie Effect
02-16-2018 02:47 PM
Last Post By cpahar90
Yesterday 04:06 AM
Question on number of grafts
Yesterday 02:30 AM
Last Post By Omorac1981
Yesterday 04:02 AM
11.06.20 Koray Erdogan 5000 Greft Results
04-18-2022 08:41 AM
by 110620
Last Post By totoking
07-05-2022 11:01 PM