+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

It looks like you're going to be bald some day, but not now. Doctors can't possibly put you on any drug at this point. The only person who knows he's balding, is the person himself. I remember when I started balding, nobody else saw it but me, I seemed "paranoid". My parents didn't want to help me because they didn't see anything wrong, every one was telling me i'm fine. But only you know when there's something wrong. Apparently, I did something about my aggressive hair loss a couple of years too late. I took other people's advice and did nothing about it. If you think you're losing hair, you do something about it. It's your hair, and if you go out taking people's advice that you're fine and just forget about it, when you know you're not fine, you're gonna lose your hair and be just like those people. And you're gonna regret not doing something about it earlier.

All i'm gonna say is, keep an eye on it. Monitor your hair loss. When you feel you should do something about it, follow your instincts and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    It looks like you're going to be bald some day, but not now. Doctors can't possibly put you on any drug at this point. The only person who knows he's balding, is the person himself. I remember when I started balding, nobody else saw it but me, I seemed "paranoid". My parents didn't want to help me because they didn't see anything wrong, every one was telling me i'm fine. But only you know when there's something wrong. Apparently, I did something about my aggressive hair loss a couple of years too late. I took other people's advice and did nothing about it. If you think you're losing hair, you do something about it. It's your hair, and if you go out taking people's advice that you're fine and just forget about it, when you know you're not fine, you're gonna lose your hair and be just like those people. And you're gonna regret not doing something about it earlier.

All i'm gonna say is, keep an eye on it. Monitor your hair loss. When you feel you should do something about it, follow your instincts and do it.
    It all happened when I became really sick and I lost 20 pounds. So being 5'10 and 120 pounds wasnt healthy at all. I noticed my hair looked worse. (Only I did) it has became better atleast in my opinion. I will keep an eye on it as I always have been. I have asked alot of people even girls who cut my hair and they just laugh at me. So I am over reacting to some point but I will keep an eye on it and maybe get something done. I do have some baby hairs around my hairline but they look thick and growing. I do take vitamins and try to eat healthy but being 18 thats hard to do at times lol. I am just looking for direct confirmation that I am not balding right now.

Nope, you're not bald right now.

Thank you. I know I will always look after my hair. My family isnt that bad either. My dad lost his hair in the 40s but that was a multitude of things and my moms father just had thin hair. I will always keep an eye on it. Thank you.

You're dad is lucky then, he had a good young-adulthood, 20s, 30s life. My dad started at 25, I started almost 10 years earlier than him. The earliest signs of trouble was 14 years old, i'm not lying. It was not much though, still had so much hair that it wasn't noticeable to other people, just me. I started really losing noticeable amounts of hair when I was 18, then it got at it's all time high at 19 and 20. I'm 23 now. It looks worse because I also have Alopecia Areata, which is patches of hair loss, which was treated with corticosteroid injections at my dermatologist. I also suffered from Vitiligo on my face at the same time, now cured/no signs I ever had it, thanks to twice a day use of Protopic ointment. Dermatologist says these are autoimmune diseases, the AA and vitiligo. It's when your own body is attacking itself. These 3 things all happened at around the same age frame, give or take a year. They're all genetic, but something triggers them, either high volumes of stress or something, so I was basically f-cked from the day I was born.

I was pretty paranoid about balding at your ago too, although I probably had a better reason to be since both my father and brother began balding late teens and early 20's. I started taking Propecia as a preventative measure and it definitely bought me some peace of mind. I think if it's causing you a considerable amount of anxiety then starting on Propecia isn't a bad idea.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

well your pics are not the best imo but you're definitely not at a stage where other people will look at you and think "he's going bald"

only you know how much hair you've lost at the temples so far

and the term "mature hairline" is just another term to describe the first stage of MPB imo

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    and the term "mature hairline" is just another term to describe the first stage of MPB imo
    That is sometimes true to some extent. It can be - but not always. Males are genetically programmed to have the "M" shaped hair line, especially caucasion males. Whether you want to accept the truth or not, it is still the truth. It just is what it is. Many males retain there hair for decades after they develop their adult male hair lines.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is sometimes true to some extent. It can be - but not always. Males are genetically programmed to have the "M" shaped hair line, especially caucasion males. Whether you want to accept the truth or not, it is still the truth. It just is what it is. Many males retain there hair for decades after they develop their adult male hair lines.
    and what about all the males who don't lose hair at the temples?

how do they fit in to your truth?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    and what about all the males who don't lose hair at the temples?

how do they fit in to your truth?
    i agree, there is no such thing as a mature hairline, hair loss is hair loss.

But then again i think a mature hairline may be because of the age related decline in testosterone??