+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by johnone23 View Post
    I've decided to give myself a 'buzz-cut' purely for convenience reasons. Furthermore, by doing so I will be able to comprehend any changes to my hair over the next month and two months following the combination of treatments I'm undertaking;
    - Procerin (Saw Palmetto complex)
    - Toco-8
    - Iron supp
    - Multi Vitamin (Inc. Biotin)
    There is nothing in your treatment plan that is actually going to help you. You would have much better chances of slowing down, stopping or possibly reversing some of your hair loss with the known proven treatments.

It is best to take good quality photos four to six months apart. One or two months apart is not going to tell you anything. It takes a stupid long time to treat hair loss. Whatever treatment you chose to go with, you need to stick with it for a full year before you will know if it is working for you - longer before you will know how well it is working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There is nothing in your treatment plan that is actually going to help you...
    You shouldn't, and can't, say that. You have no idea if something non-big 3 will help. You're basically calling out everyone who has experienced otherwise and calling them a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    You're basically calling out everyone who has experienced otherwise and calling them a liar.
    Well, if you put it that way... Yes.

Well put it this way, I've already bought the stuff, and I'm resigned to getting a buzz cut so I might as well see what happens if not for the pure fun of the experiment. When I can raise the finances I will get a good quality transplant and that will be that, but until then...

I wish you luck then. Remember, the more you know the more you can help yourself.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I wish you luck then. Remember, the more you know the more you can help yourself.
    Remember, in some instances, the less you know, the more you can help yourself.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...563.x/abstract

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Hair loss in college is a real bitch. My very favorite thing about school was the girls... the day I noticed my crown starting to thin, I dropped out and never went back.

Even though my hair has improved from meds, I still don't feel comfortable surrounding myself with a bunch of 18-35-year-old women for hours every day. I won't go back until this is truly fixed, even if it means I never go back at all.
    Those of you who push through it and get your degrees/certificates/whatever deserve a lot of credit.
    By the time you are in college, things are starting to change and many women do not care at that point. Yea there are still some that do but not that many.

I would not let this stop me from going anyway as you need it as a competitive advantage. It's not fair, but much of the world is rigged to keep you dumb&cheap. I would not give up school over hair loss as that is short sided thinking...

Clandestine: I purposefully never touched propecia because of the reported sexual side effects. I may not have hair for a while but at least I'll have a penis!

mpb47: I agree, I could never drop out. I worked my ass off for my a levels to be accepted, and me degree is my future, I cannot turn my back on that. Shit happens, but so it does to everyone... this is our version, we just need to move on (didn't mean for that to rhyme)

Quote Originally Posted by johnone23 View Post
    Clandestine: I purposefully never touched propecia because of the reported sexual side effects. I may not have hair for a while but at least I'll have a penis!
    I feel similarly.

It was more of a joke; the study I linked to indicates that patient's who were told previously about finasteride's potential for sides were (much) more likely to experience them i.e. Nocebo effect.

Hence, the less you know, the better off you are.

I suppose there is an element of beauty in ignorance...