+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    This is true. To them it is funny. But if you just mention anything about their weight they get serious. I mean I don't care about being funny to them as long as I get some.

I have a friend who is a diffuse thinner and is basically NW5. Our mutual female friend used to mock him about his hair loss, and about 6 months ago they ended up together. She still mocks him but I think she fell in love with him. So thats women for you.
    I really don't understand them, never will...
    Well in the 30's and 40's when they tease you about , it's because they like you at least as a friend. The one's I know would never tease a stranger, only guys they like as a friend or more. And yes they are super super sensitive about weight, esp if it's in their rear ends.
    Even if you mean it strictly as a compliment, do not nickname your GF "Rumpster".

are you sure you want to go to advanced hair studio? what i have heard about them is very bad. they simply use things like saw palmetto and finasteride but charge you crazy prices.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    are you sure you want to go to advanced hair studio? what i have heard about them is very bad. they simply use things like saw palmetto and finasteride but charge you crazy prices.
    Yeah, really. You can read a bit more about some of the good work they do here:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8523

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    Its a free 45 minute consultation where they offer to everyone, they have a look at your scalp and run through a few things so it didnt seem too bad to me, and to be honest I have now realized if DHT is the cause of me to go bald in the future, there isnt anyway a lazer comb or anything else besides finasteride is going to stop it.

I thought I would just go for some peace of mind to be told, yes mate, you will go bald in the next few years, and from there I can start to accept it, I dont want to alter my DHT by finasteride as I believe the drug is still to broad in its affects on the hormones of the male genitourinary system and personally the risk wont be worth it in the long run.

By the way has any one tried Toco-8?

Thanks guys, your all legends

baldness is awful always at any age!But the older you are the easier you handle it.

If you are married you have kids and you have lived your life then you cope with it better

if you are young and life it's just starting for you,it's a disaster!

but also a 35 years old man that he is still unmarried and hasnt live his life in it's full may be extra depressed and i understand him.

it's the same at every age. if you are balding at 20 you say I would not be so unhappy and would accept it with ease if it was 30.
    when you are balding at 30 you say if it was 40 I would not be so unhappy and accept it more easily.
    I bet it is the same when you are balding at 40.

mirror has 2 faces. as a 30 year-old (3 months to go) I say it would be more easy if I was bald at 21. In 9 years I would have gotton used to it but now I have to deal with it in a later period of my life.

and what's with this "girls will not like me, I won't be able to get married" thing going on. I spent my 20's with hair and still I'm not married. first of all I hate balding not because of how other people see me but because of how I see myself.

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    it's the same at every age. if you are balding at 20 you say I would not be so unhappy and would accept it with ease if it was 30.
    when you are balding at 30 you say if it was 40 I would not be so unhappy and accept it more easily.
    I bet it is the same when you are balding at 40.

mirror has 2 faces. as a 30 year-old (3 months to go) I say it would be more easy if I was bald at 21. In 9 years I would have gotton used to it but now I have to deal with it in a later period of my life.

and what's with this "girls will not like me, I won't be able to get married" thing going on. I spent my 20's with hair and still I'm not married. first of all I hate balding not because of how other people see me but because of how I see myself.
    And the 80 year old says, "it would not be so bad at 90"?

I think how you see yourself is effected by how your peers look, that's the comparator, right? As we age, more of our peers have balded, which you would think would make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    And the 80 year old says, "it would not be so bad at 90"?

I think how you see yourself is effected by how your peers look, that's the comparator, right? As we age, more of our peers have balded, which you would think would make it easier.
    not really, most of my friends (same age) have higher NW's than me, it does not make me feel better. I even have 2 friends who are totally NW7 at 28 and 30 respectively, the only thing I think when I see them is "oh please god do not let me be NW7".