+ Reply to Thread

Default Can MPB stop at some point?

Guys i'm seeing 150 hairs every 3 days in the shower, and my hairline is receding. My family history is mild hair loss at 40s, but im doomed somehow and started last year.

I took rogaine had heart palpitations.
    Took propecia and fuked me up bad.

I had developed prostatitis coincidentally after 1 month of propecia. I don't blame it on the propecia even though there is a subforum on propecia help on prostatitis and propecia.

But still propecia could aggravate what I am experiencing. Do not confuse BHP with prostatitis, two different things.

So my question is can hair loss slow down or stop at some point at least for a few years? Is everyone destined to a nw6 nw 7 if we start young. I am only 23 but shedding like a dog so i don't know.

I am a nw 2 from a nw 1 after exactly one year. is that slow or FAST?

My goal with propecia was simple stop my hairloss until cell based treatments reach our grasp. These cell based treatments need existing hair follicles to work, unfortunately i may not be able to save my hair until then which is coincidentally 5 years.

I think you should all think about getting your follicles in shape because you will maximize your results with future treatments if you do. That's my opinion anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Guys i'm seeing 150 hairs every 3 days in the shower, and my hairline is receding. My family history is mild hair loss at 40s, but im doomed somehow and started last year.

I took rogaine had heart palpitations.
    Took propecia and fuked me up bad.

I had developed prostatitis coincidentally after 1 month of propecia. I don't blame it on the propecia even though there is a subforum on propecia help on prostatitis and propecia.

But still propecia could aggravate what I am experiencing. Do not confuse BHP with prostatitis, two different things.

So my question is can hair loss slow down or stop at some point at least for a few years? Is everyone destined to a nw6 nw 7 if we start young. I am only 23 but shedding like a dog so i don't know.

My goal with propecia was simple stop my hairloss until cell based treatments reach our grasp. These cell based treatments need existing hair follicles to work, unfortunately i may not be able to save my hair until then which is coincidentally 5 years.

I think you should all think about getting your follicles in shape because you will maximize your results with future treatments if you do. That's my opinion anyways.
    Hang in there mate, some upcoming (NOT CUTTING EDGE) new drugs like lattise, CB or some PGD2 drugs are closer than you think! Don't lose hope brother.

If you're not defusing maybe it'll stablise soon, you'll never know with mpb

It stops when it accomplishes it's goal of making our head look as ugly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You developed prostatitis? That doesn't make any sense. Finasteride is supposed to HELP prostate. It is originally anti-prostate cancer drug. WTH?
    Yeah, if prostatitis and prostate cancer were the same thing, it would be very peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You developed prostatitis? That doesn't make any sense. Finasteride is supposed to HELP prostate. It is originally anti-prostate cancer drug. WTH?
    This is why I said prostatitis is not the same as BPH because I knew somebody would not do any research say what exactly you just said.

Finasteride shrinks the prostate. What me and the propecia help forums guy have is an INFLAMED prostate. I read somewhere it can be caused by hormones but I think it's wrong, i am not blaming propecia on it.

Finasteride is used to treat BPH but not prostatitis.

@uninformed. I hope so man. These fin guys are lucky, no sides so i dont know why they are still in the forums. They should out there enjoying the time they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post

Yes it can stop for many years. I began at 17 then stopped around 26 only to start up again 10 years later. My uncle, who I follow, stopped or lost hair very very slowly from late 30's till late 40's when it started up and was very rapid at that point.

Going from a 1 to a 2 in one year is moderate to fast I would say. If you go to another stage it could be much slowly through. It took me 10 years to go from a 1 to a 2, but only 1 year to go from a 2 to 2V

When I was young this confused the hell out of me because I had always thought mpb was linear and once it started, it kept on till it was finished. But that is not how it works. So you may be able to hold out for a long time. If mine did not stop and take a break in my 20's I would have been screwed because it was about 4-5 years later before real treatments hit the market.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Yes it can stop for many years. I began at 17 then stopped around 26 only to start up again 10 years later. My uncle, who I follow, stopped or lost hair very very slowly from late 30's till late 40's when it started up and was very rapid at that point.

Going from a 1 to a 2 in one year is moderate to fast I would say. If you go to another stage it could be much slowly through. It took me 10 years to go from a 1 to a 2, but only 1 year to go from a 2 to 2V

When I was young this confused the hell out of me because I had always thought mpb was linear and once it started, it kept on till it was finished. But that is not how it works. So you may be able to hold out for a long time. If mine did not stop and take a break in my 20's I would have been screwed because it was about 4-5 years later before real treatments hit the market.
    Interesting.

When hairloss resumed, was you shedding a lot?

I bet from 26-36 you were fretting about hairloss a lot? Before it flared up again.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Interesting.

When hairloss resumed, was you shedding a lot?

I bet from 26-36 you were fretting about hairloss a lot? Before it flared up again.
    yes but not at my hairline. When it started up again it was on the right side of my vertex and quickly starting moving over to the right side.

And no I was actually relieved when it stopped the first time because I thought I was done with mpb. I believed some of the BS info going around back then that mature hairlines are harmless and never get worse. The only reason I did not totally let my guard down was my grandmother. Zero medical training yet she could see my hairline had changed and now looked just like my uncles when he was younger. Said his spot would start in about 10 years and sure enough it did. Also showed me a pic of my grandfather when he was younger and you could see it in him as well.

If any of you guys ever encounter something like this, a hair doc told me that for some guys, progression comes in cycles every decade. This seems to be true for my family.