+ Reply to Thread

Default 10 month Rogaine Update

Soo I started a thread 10 months ago about me starting Rogaine. I updated it pretty frequently until about the 4th or 5th month. (you can find it on these boards somewhere) I have been on propecia 3 years and it really slowed down/maintained. I was about a nw 3 with general thinning on the top of the head. Although Propecia was working pretty well my hair was still slowly thinning/receeding and getting harder to style.

10months later on Rogaine my hair has improved considerably. I have not grown it all back, but my hair is MUCH easier to style, thicker, and i have more of it! I didnt really have a shed to start, my hair started to look better round 4 months, than around 6 or 7 moths my hair shed like ****ing crazy and i lost all my gains, and was pretty depressed, nothing like seeing new hair growth getting pumped and then losing it all 2 months later. Now at month 10 my hair has regained all the original gains that it made and then some. I am very happy with rogaine at this point. Although i do fear more sheds.

If you guys have any questions or thoughts let me know!

Congratulations on your success.

Did you notice what areas of the scalp seemed to show the best results, or was it pretty even all over?
    Did you see any advancement of the frontal hairline or temples, even if it was just tiny baby hairs?
    Using any treatments besides finasteride and minoxidil?
    Are you using the foam or liquid, and how often do you dose?

Sorry if you answered these before, I'm lazy and didn't check yor other thread.
    Thanks for your help. Hope you see continued success!

The sad thing is I have never used Rogaine for 10 months straight every day. But the times when I use it consistently, it does improve my hair loss. The most I have used it is 8 months I believe. I wish to use it for at least 12 months every day, twice a day, to see it work at it's potential. Even when I used it for 8 months, I didn't use it twice a day.

I can only imagine what Rogaine would have done for my hair if I used it every day since I learned about it years ago. Because of the price, I couldn't stay on it consistently, being a young and mostly jobless teenage student. Finasteride too, those two combined would have done really good for my hair loss. Even now, I still have more hair than I would have had if I hadn't taken Finasteride. But consistent usage of Rogaine would have made my hair look at least, 3 times better right now. I've basically stayed in that level where people see me and say, oh he's gonna be bald, or "He's going bald". Consistency with both Rogaine and fin would have probably given me at least that "receding hairline" look, where if I let it grow enough, I can use bangs to cover my receding hairline.

Here are the answers to your questions:

Improvement is all over the hairline has improved alot theres new hairs there and the thin hairs i had are now thick. I was a thin NW3 now those hair are thick and i have alot of new hair that arent as thick but are about 2 inches long and my hair color in the NW 2 area.

I also us Nizoral 1% abt twice a week

I use the foam and cover my head in it twice a day, i use alot more then recommended because i have longish hair and some of the rogaine gets in the hair and not on the scalp. A one month bottle last me about 2 1/2 weeks.

Patiently wating i was the same as you in regards to fin it kept alot of my hair but i was that guy who was gonna be bald one day. Now no one makes any comments or anything, in fact i have recieved comments the other way.
    Someone said after not seeing me for abt 2 months "whatever you are doing is working, i cant believe that stuff actually works."
    And there have been a ton of other little comments here and there that had made me feel pretty good.

To be honest im not even worried about my hair at this point. My hair looks like a pretty normal 28 year old who has some recession. Now if i start to shed again ill be freaked.

Great story man! Few questions:
    (1) did rogaine grow hair in areas that had no hair at all?
    (2) do u just apply or massage it into scalp?
    (3) how often do u shampoo?

I take fin. & started minox 2 months ago. Hoping for success. Thanks!

hey i did not have any balds pots on my head just receeded into a NW3 but yes i would say it grew some hair back in part of the receded areas that did not previously have hair.

I rub the rogaine into my scalp

I shampoo every time i shower which is atleast once a day

Good stuff man, thanks for answering our questions.

I'm experiencing serious hair loss after about 6 months on Rogaine, just like what you described happened to you. How long did this shedding last and have you maintained the regrowth that your mentioned? (I've been having bad shedding for over a months now)