+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Advice on minoxidil liquid used only 3 times

Hi there, I am a 27 year old male that has been going thin on the right side of my head since I was 18, I have been using nizoral for about 2 years so my hair pretty much looks the same as 2 years ago and cause it is loing you cant even tell im thining plus I am very blond and always had very fine hair anyway

Anyway my question is about 7 days ago I decided to take the plung into using minoxidil so far I have only used it 3 times once every otherday over the 7 day period and my hair is already looking substantially thinner on the oneside because of it. I have heard horror storys about minox so my question, can I quit it now as I have only used three times? Or will I have already started the shedding phase??

Think I need to explain more thoroughly as I'm getting loads of views but no replys lol.

Your probs all thinking why don't you just continue with the minox, the reason being is I am quite contempt with how my hair is at the mo I just wanted to use the minox as maintenance, but as soon as I have seen my hair looking more rough should I say(maybe I'm being paranoid) and could possible get worse just from trying the stuff, so I would rather wait until I really need to use it.

My question is though, from only applying it 3 times times will that have put my hair into a cycle where I may aswell carry on now? Or will it not have even really done anyway?

Also do you not think it is weird the way I am only losing hair on one side of my head? Has anybody else on here ever had that?

You have not been using Minoxidil long enough to gain any effect from it, good or bad.

Minxodil is for treating hereditary hair loss. What you are describing is probably not hereditary hair loss. Therefore Minoxidil might not be appropriate for you. You need to see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You have not been using Minoxidil long enough to gain any effect from it, good or bad.

Minxodil is for treating hereditary hair loss. What you are describing is probably not hereditary hair loss. Therefore Minoxidil might not be appropriate for you. You need to see a doctor.
    Thank for the reply!

My dad was bald so I just thought I got it off him. My mother had very fine blond hair, as does my sister who is 40, but my sister has started losing her hair aswell? This sister isn't from the same dad as me, so do you think we could both of got something of our mother then?

It would not be appropriate for me to try to answer that question because I am not a doctor.

Any opinion of what you think it could be would be greatly appreciated regardless if you are a doctor or not I don't mind.

So by going to see a doctor do you mean my gp or a actually hair doctor?