Hair fall stopped dead, 4 months on fin. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair fall stopped dead, 4 months on fin.

So as of next week I have been on fin for 4 months. My hair feels thicker, and I think I'm getting some regrowth on my hairline.

Curiously, I've noticed my shedding has stopped dead. By that, I mean I don't notice ANY hair fall...not even the "normal" 50-100 hairs/day a typical person sheds. Prior to taking fin I would shed like a dog, now...nothing. Is this a good sign, or am I in for a doozie of a shed? Anyone else have this experience?

Congrats, that sounds great! can I ask what dose you are on? I would have thought its a good sign that you are a positive responder to fin. My experience is of continued and accellerated shedding since starting fin 7 months ago I am now on a reduced dose of 0.5mg. hoping for better things...

I hope it's a good sign. I'm young and my hair loss is pretty recent so hopefully this is a sign that I'm a good responder. I'm on 1.25 mg (generic proscar cut into fourths).

1.25mg every day?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    1.25mg every day?
    Every day. Haven't missed a dose since I started taking it.

Did you have any shedding at any time?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Did you have any shedding at any time?
    I may have had accelerated shedding a month into treatment, but that's when I buzzed my head so I can't be too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post
    So as of next week I have been on fin for 4 months. My hair feels thicker, and I think I'm getting some regrowth on my hairline.

Curiously, I've noticed my shedding has stopped dead. By that, I mean I don't notice ANY hair fall...not even the "normal" 50-100 hairs/day a typical person sheds. Prior to taking fin I would shed like a dog, now...nothing. Is this a good sign, or am I in for a doozie of a shed? Anyone else have this experience?
    Sound like really good news TheNitwon! Have you lost much since starting Fin? I only ask because I recently started and I'm curious how worse things might get before they (hopefully) get better.

Weird how it seems to affect people totally differently.

Some people shed straight away, some don't at all, some shed later etc.

I have been taking it for over a month now, and from what I have seen I have not noticed anything, it is hard for me to tell as I have thin shaved hair.

I am not sure why some people on here say you may have to wait up to and over 12 months to see results when on the leaflet inside the packaging of Propecia says 'it may take 3-6 months to see full results'. So it should have fully worked at the latest by 6 months.

Same thing happened to me. 1 month in to starting fin, my hair loss completely stopped. Like you, I don't even have the normal 50-100 lost hairs a day either. At least not that I know of.

The only thing about that is, that it has done nothing else after that. That's all it has done. Stopped my hair loss. No regrowth, hasn't gotten worse, no big periodical sheds, nothing. Just a good ol hair loss stoppage. So i'm basically stuck looking like this, until I stop taking fin. It's been a over a year now, still nothing noticeable. Maybe some, tiny regrowth, but it has to be something nobody notices, not even me, cause I really don't notice a difference.