+ Reply to Thread

Default Using Nizoral shampoo to treat hair loss

I'm 19 and have a conspicuous receding hairline.
    I recently started using Nizoral shampoo as I've heard that this product helps a lot. I use the over the counter 1% formula.

I understand that this shampoo should be cycled, as in once every 2-4 days rather than everyday. Why is that? Also would it be a good idea for my to upgrade to the 2% formula. I guess I would have to beg my doctor for a prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by hairforme View Post
    I'm 19 and have a conspicuous receding hairline.
    I recently started using Nizoral shampoo as I've heard that this product helps a lot. I use the over the counter 1% formula.

I understand that this shampoo should be cycled, as in once every 2-4 days rather than everyday. Why is that? Also would it be a good idea for my to upgrade to the 2% formula. I guess I would have to beg my doctor for a prescription.
    It doesnt work. Shampoos are BS.

You'll actually lose hair if you use it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by hairforme View Post
    I understand that this shampoo should be cycled, as in once every 2-4 days rather than everyday. Why is that?
    Using Nizoral too often will make hair loss worse. The 1% is fine. Just make sure not to use it too often. Once or twice a week is enough.

Nizoral is not a stand-alone treatment for hair loss. It is often used an adjunct treatment because it can help some people when used as an adjuct. But it is not a stand-alone treatment.

Concerning Nizoral's effectiveness, there is at least one study I know of that showed Nizoral helped with mpb, but they used the 2%.

As to why to use it sparingly, I've heard it dries out your skin. I use Nizoral 1% and have never noticed that, but I had an oily scalp to begin with. I doubt the active ingredient really gets in your blood stream in levels that matter, so I am not sure of any other reason to not use it more often.

Anyone else know?

Info on Nizoral shampoo:

Nizoral is an anti-fungal shampoo that kills the fungi that cause seborrhea and dandruff.

Groups of individuals have discovered that Nizoral (when used regularly) is a very useful alopecia treatment, once again it would appear that the role of a substance for the treatment of hair-loss is stumbled upon accidentally!

Nizoral contains a chemical called ketoconazole, it is known that when ketoconazole is ingested orally that it inhibits the binding of androgens to receptors in the body and this would include the binding of DHT to hair-follicle receptors.

Furthermore positive results with Nizoral shampoo are often noted within a few weeks, whereas a pure anti-DHT affect may take a few months. It is therefore likely that Nizoral exhibits another method to its anti-hair-loss effect.

One such theory of Nizorals anti-alopecia effects may be on its activity upon sebum.

Sebum is a fatty substance that accumulates in the scalp around the hair follicles. Its possible that the removal of sebum may help “unclog” the hair follicle and expose it to more nutrition from an improved blood supply, rather like unclogging a drain!

It is known that Nizoral can remove and reduce sebum deposits.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Spex,

I'm looking for some opinions about this shampoo, can you say anything about it?

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8438