+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 21, thinning

Default 21, thinning

Hi everyone,

few months ago my scalp started to itch really bad. I thought it was some kind of skin disorder or whatever, but then i realised that my hairline and crown is bit thinning. My question is if only the affected areas by mpb itch, because i pretty much feel it everywhere on the scalp.

No one in my family that I know is bald, just grandads have receded crowns, but it started for them around their 60's.

Also i noticed that my body hair got darker pretty much everywhere.

I consider myself good looking, and still have most of my hair and still have nice haircut, but the idea of being bald is just depressing me a lot.

I am thinking of starting nizoral and minox without fin for now, and hopefully maintain my hair for some time until better treatments are out.

Thx for your replies for my question

also i'm worried it could be diffuse unpatterned baldness

anybody???

Quote Originally Posted by ovoxo View Post
    Hi everyone,

few months ago my scalp started to itch really bad. I thought it was some kind of skin disorder or whatever, but then i realised that my hairline and crown is bit thinning. My question is if only the affected areas by mpb itch, because i pretty much feel it everywhere on the scalp.

No one in my family that I know is bald, just grandads have receded crowns, but it started for them around their 60's.

Also i noticed that my body hair got darker pretty much everywhere.

I consider myself good looking, and still have most of my hair and still have nice haircut, but the idea of being bald is just depressing me a lot.

I am thinking of starting nizoral and minox without fin for now, and hopefully maintain my hair for some time until better treatments are out.

Thx for your replies for my question
    A lot of MPB sufferers report scalp itch, and I've become more aware of it myself over time. It does seem more concentrated in the areas most affected by hair loss, but I don't know the significance of this or why it would happen.
    Right now I wash 1-2 times per week with 2% keto shampoo, and otherwise I use glycerin soap to wash my hair. I condition almost every time too. This has kept the itch at bay, but not 100%.
    It's possible that over-washing is at least part of the cause... you actually don't need to wash your hair every day, not by any means. But I still do it because it makes my hair look fuller and better.

Keto and minox will almost definitely improve your hair, but you're fighting a serious uphill battle without a DHT reduction drug. Hard to say whether you'll make it to the next generation of treatments (of course that applies to all of us to some extent, even those of us on fin or dut).

Good luck! You've caught it early and that gives you the most/best options.

thx for the reply, i'll try minox and niz, see what it does, also was thinking about experimenting with ru, or some pdg2 inhibitor, ordered toco8, but if it goes real bad i guess it will be fin

i'm still bit confused, because I mostly read that only affected areas itch. I went to see a dermatologist, and she said my scalp is ok, no dermatitis or so, but i always feel itching all over, and I'm worried that also my sides and back could be affected by mpb.

any thoughts?

I had that itch too. While I had it all over the back of my head i did realize after while that the itch was the strongest where the mpb was advancing to. Fin will stop the itch or at least it did for me. Also if you go to your health food store pick up a bottle of polysorbate 60 or 80. That will help with the itch and dandruff.

i'm still bit confused, because I mostly read that only affected areas itch. I went to see a dermatologist, and she said my scalp is ok, no dermatitis or so, but i always feel itching all over, and I'm worried that also my sides and back could be affected by mpb.

any thoughts?
    All I can say is when I first got MPB not only did my scalp itch but I also got a really bad dandruff and flaking while my hair was falling. I did itch all over but mostly on top and the crown area.

thank you for replies, the reason why i'm asking is that I thought since I have itching on the sides and back too, it could be dupa, but still i'm not sure. Is there a way to diagnose dupa?

thank you for replies, the reason why i'm asking is that I thought since I have itching on the sides and back too, it could be dupa, but still i'm not sure. Is there a way to diagnose dupa?
    Don't worry about it being difuse . Lots of us start out that way- it is still balding or rather it will become balding. My uncle had a difuse crown area for 10-15 years then it became shinny bald. If you have that itch then you it probably means you have -at least at the moment - aggressive mpb.

The itch is warning you and you need to consider getting on treatment to stop it.