+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit Minoxidil

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Pats, I've been using Minox for about 15 years and I think I only stopped it twice in those years. I can't remember exactly for how long but it wasn't for a long period of time -probably a couple of weeks to a month but not longer. One of those two times was exactly 4 years ago and there was a noticeable thinning in my hair. However, there was a third time when I stopped minox but it wasn't intentional. I had found a product on ebay that claimed to have 15% Minox and after about 2 months on it I started noticing a lot of shedding like never before. My hair was literally disappearing. I was losing upward of 170 hairs a day, which was more than 4 times my normal average. That's when it occurred to me that what I was using was nothing but a snake oil. I quickly got back on Rogaine and Kirkland minox and within 4 weeks the shedding came to a halt but unfortunately the damage had already been done. My hairline looked completely different and I had lost a lot of thickness all over. It's been over a year since I switched back to Kirkland and to answer your question, no, I haven't got any of the lost hair back. I think at least in my case whatever hair I lose after some time off minox is never regained.

Most of the times I use Minox twice a day but because of the irritation it causes me there have been times when I used it once, and yes, there have been days when I skipped but that doesn't happen often. I know if I skip a couple of days every month that won't cause any loss.

BTW, the snake oil I was talking about is called Dualgen 15%. I don't know if they're still selling this garbage on ebay but STAY AWAY FROM IT or risk losing whatever hair other trusted brands of minox were keeping.

My advice, if you felt minox was helping maintain your hair STAY on it. I have no doubt it's been my biggest help in slowing down my hair loss. It's messy and shitty but it works.
    15% minoxidil is a strong stuff and unpleasant shedding is quite common, but your experience really doesn't make much sense to me. There are simply too many guys, who experienced good results on it. You can find similar horrible experiences concerning *******15%, but in these cases, the hair usually grew back. I see that you never used 15% minoxidil before, and your other posts also indicate that you went through a series of hair transplants. This very fact prevents us from any equivalent comparison. It is also possible that you didn't reveal everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Minox foam fkd my hairline within six weeks of starting to use it. Been on it a year now and it never grew back. Just my experience, others have been luckier.
    Can you elaborate? I'm considering starting Rogaine in June, after starting Fin in April. These kind of stories scare me. Are you on fin? If so how long? How much has minox fkd your hairline? How active was the miniaturization there compared to the rest of your head? Have you experienced growth anywhere on your head with minox? Thanks man.

Sure.. Not on Fin never have been. Prior to using the foam around one year ago my hairline was pretty decent, gradually fading away tho granted.

Enjoyed applying the foam as it helps style hair as well if you have enough left still.

Anyway I quickly noticed I was having less hairline to style after around six weeks and figured it was the Minox shed. Yep I shed, and still wait its return.

I haven't had any side effects-black eyes, headaches etc, that's a bonus.

Wish I could give a positive report on Minox, but given my time again I'd steer clear of it.

Best thing really is to bite the bullet and see for yourself, some guys have great results. I haven't, but I took the gamble!

Warlord, I think you need to go back and read AGAIN and you WILL see that I have used Minox 15%, yes, dr. Lee's -when he was in business- I was on it for 2 months or so but didn't feel it was any better than 5% and didn't see a justification for the higher price and that's why I dropped it, but at the same time it DIDN'T cause any shedding.

Read what I'm saying. It wasn't minox 15% that was causing the shedding. It was that specific garbage (Dualgen) that was. The ONLY explanation : SNAKE OIL. It contains ZERO% Minoxidil, let alone 15%. I have used 3 different products over the years (Rogaine, Kirkland, and for 2 months dr. Lee's 15%) and sometimes I switch between Rogaine and Kirkland and aside from the initial temporary shed, they all worked. I switch to these SOB's shit and my hair starts falling out like crazy and like NEVER before. I was shedding daily a minimum of 170 hairs even though I was using that shit. Like I said, I was on it for 3 months or so but my hair kept getting thinner and thinner.

"There are simply too many guys who experienced good results on it". I'm not sure what you're referring to by 'it'. If you mean Dualgen then I don't believe there are any, unless you want to believe the so-called "testimonials" by Dualgen. If you mean minox 15% by 'it' then it is possible that some people do experience better results.

I had HTs done but if you read my posts you'll see what area was done but I'll tell you again- the front quarter of the head. You'll also see that I was never bald to begin with. I had lots of hair in the hairline and temples -and behind that area my hair was 80% thick -but I just wanted to fill in the corners a little because I was too horrified of hair loss that I wasnt going to sit and watch it get worse before I did anything. Of course I continued to gradually lose more hair in the front and that's why I had more HTs. But even after 4 HTs I still had native hair left in the hairline and temples and I'm positive that's the hair I lost while I was on Dualgen. But I also lost probably 25% or more of my hair all over. The doctor says I was losing my transplanted hair or some of it but what about the rest of my head (the non-transplanted area) which was pretty thick before I got on that garbage (dualgen)?

"it is also possible that I didn't reveal everything" !! What the ****? What are you talking about ?? The only one here who doesn't make sense is you? Only 5 posts and you decide to write to defend Dualgen !!

VictimofDHT or Victimofhysterical, please use your brain,don't just keep whining. I am really tired of this. Why would a company use zero minoxidil? Why did I receive the best results while on Dualgen-15? Why were there thousands of positive feedbacks on dualgen-15 without a single negative one at Ebay?

Don't tell me that I have only six posts then I can't say the truth. I know there are shills on forums for over 10 years with thousands of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats View Post
    I quit minoxidil about 4 1/2 months ago. As expected I have experienced a massive shed that started shortly after I quit. It is continuing for me and I wonder if it could be something else, as it has been so long. From those who have gone through this, or have heard, how long does this shed last? Thanks for the input.
    I quit for 3 months and after a couple of months I started losing tons of hair. My crown grew quickly and new mpb areas started appearing as well.

It started in mid/late Feb and only in past 2-3 weeks has it seemed to slow- I might be getting hair back but not sure just yet.

You are doing what is called catchup loss. The good news is it means the minox was doing it's job. The bad news is it means you would be that much balder without medication. I got back on it in a hurry because I saw how much I had advanced.

Tizzle - Are you on 5% minoxidil? If so you might consider trying the 2% minox, less likely to have sides and shedding perhaps. If that works then maybe after some months work your way up to 5%. Worth a shot right?

MPB47 - Thanks for the reply. Yeah the minox quit shed sucked, a short time ago I honestly didn't think my hair would look like this for another 15-20 years, yet here I am. Hope yours grows backs, keep me posted.

I started using Minox about 9 years ago. It worked for many years but 18 months ago I noticed I'd lost a heap of hair suddenly. I've still been using it constantly since that time and I can now say for certain it doesn't work for me anymore.

Not sure if I grew a tolerance to it or if I just wasn't using it as consistently as I should have. If it's the latter then I'm very annoyed at myself for being lazy. Worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlossrxsucks View Post
    VictimofDHT or Victimofhysterical, please use your brain,don't just keep whining. I am really tired of this. Why would a company use zero minoxidil? Why did I receive the best results while on Dualgen-15? Why were there thousands of positive feedbacks on dualgen-15 without a single negative one at Ebay?

Don't tell me that I have only six posts then I can't say the truth. I know there are shills on forums for over 10 years with thousands of posts.
    Listen ****head, who stuck a stick up your ass ? But why should I even bother talking to you? It's obvious you ARE a shill. A salesman for a bunch of crooks who sell snake oil. Wow ! So you appear out of nowhere and you just happen to stumble across this post! Really! Wait you son of a bitch. Did you say "thousands of positive feedbacks" !! Thousands!! You got me sold, mother ****er. I'm gonna head to ebay now and buy me some more dualgen. Scum of the earth.

Idiot, you need to think with your brain if it is not zero intelligence, not your ass. I don't hang around forums writting garbages. I come here once a while to look for good treatment. Unfortunately everytime I came here I saw you idiot whining dualgen has zero minoxidil.