+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I can accept that you do not agree with what a true cure means to me. You are not looking at all the pieces of the puzzle and I can accept that - but you are trashing me just for the sake of trashing me. Is there even a slight chance that you could even try to be a decent human being?
    Your original quote was that immunization would be "the cure" and once a patient is immune to DHT it will be "easier to re-grow lost hair"....<<< what the **** does that even mean? Please explain how it would be easier to re-grow hair if the patient was PHYSICALLY immune to the effects of DHT.... YOU CANT!!! YOU'D STILL HAVE THE SAME ****ING PHYSIOLOGICAL PROBLEMS!!!

Not only will it still be impossible, but YOU BELIEVE this would be "THE HOLY ****ING GRAIL" LMFAO!!!!

What you're saying in essence is that it would be easier to re-grow a patients hand if he took it out of the blender, that by doing so, it becomes a physiologically feasible endeavour in which the scientific/physical barriers to re-growing a completely new hand are suddenly mitigated BECAUSE the cause of his injury is suddenly removed.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Dude, Anthony Atala's lab has been on my radar too and I actually e-mailed them a couple of months ago to ask them if they are working on growing hair, explaining in my e-mail the devastation of hair loss, the very limited options we have out there now, and real need for a cure for hair loss. They basically said that hair regeneration is not something that they are currently working on. All I know is that in order to achieve a hair loss cure, there have got to be a helluva lot more companies/people working to cure it, and not just a bunch of people whose sole job it is to tinker with mice and nothing else. If I can count on one hand the number of companies in the entire world who are working to cure hair loss, then something is terribly wrong!! This makes me think of another alarming fact. There are probably thousands of doctors today practicing hair transplantation yet far less than 10&#37; of the hair loss population opts for a hair transplant. Yet I can guarantee you that far more than 10% of hair loss population would jump at a more effective, and non-invasive cure for hair loss, yet I can only count on one hand the number of companies looking for this cure. When you have thousands of hair loss professionals practicing a treatment that most hair loss sufferers don't even want to get, yet you have only a handful of hair loss professionals working on a potential treatment that the majority of hair loss sufferers would want, then that illustrates that there is something seriously wrong with the hair loss industry.
    My thoughts exactly - thanks for taking the time to email them, Atala is very talented & has a unique flair for this area of research - he's already implanted fully functioning urethras so young children can urinate properly - did you hear about the rabbits back in 2003? lol haha the guy is a living genius.

For those that haven’t heard of Anthony Atala:

http://singularityhub.com/2011/03/15...-ted-audience/

UK,

I have not even once used such nasty language while talking to you. I absolutely do not deserve the trashing you insist on giving me. Not from you or anybody else. Stop being such a dang rotten person. Clean up your act and grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Your original quote was that immunization would be "the cure" and once a patient is immune to DHT it will be "easier to re-grow lost hair"....<<< what the **** does that even mean? Please explain how it would be easier to re-grow hair if the patient was PHYSICALLY immune to the effects of DHT.... YOU CANT!!! YOU'D STILL HAVE THE SAME ****ING PHYSIOLOGICAL PROBLEMS!!!

Not only will it still be impossible, but YOU BELIEVE this would be "THE HOLY ****ING GRAIL" LMFAO!!!!

What you're saying in essence is that it would be easier to re-grow a patients hand if he took it out of the blender, that by doing so, it becomes a physiologically feasible endeavour in which the scientific/physical barriers to re-growing a completely new hand are suddenly mitigated BECAUSE the cause of his injury is suddenly removed.
    I don't think you deserve a response with the way you post here but I disagree with you and agree with Tracy so I will.

The immunization of hair follicles to baldness. Note I say baldness and not DHT. Whatever it takes so hair follicles are immune to baldness is the cure to baldness. This is simple. Growing hair that has already been lost is a secondary and separate problem in reality. Once baldness is essentially cured, then stimulating and regrowing the follicles that have been destroyed is a separate issue. But baldness would be cured.

Also, your last statement about the fact that it would be easier to regrow a patients hand if he took it out of the blender is very true. The most advanced science in the world that would regrow any limb, would be worthless is that limb was constantly in a blender!

Hence hair loss, we need to focus on curing the cause of hair loss before we focus on regrowing the hair.