+ Reply to Thread

Default Can I Still Pull off Long Hair?

Hey you guys, I love my long hair but with the temple recession I'm afraid i might be looking like that wierd balding longhair type. If you guys could give me opinions on whether or not I look like I'm balding, I would appreciate it. Hair is thick and lush, but temples have receded slowly the last 6 years. Thanks! Pics are in the link
    http://www.*****************/interact...p?f=11&t=74454

Your hair is dope as hell lol I mean i never was a fan of the long hair like that but i dont see any signs of hairloss...you shouldnt worry at all.

Hi Mygoodness,

Photos of your hair line are not a good way to tell if you are losing your hair. This is because it is completely natural and normal for males to lose their temple hair and develop an adult male hair line. The best areas to check for possible balding are your vertex and mid-anterior. Take good quality photos of your scalp with your hair parted down the middle, both wet and dry. If your part looks wider than it used to, you are losing your hair.

Using the photos you have provided, it only looks like you have a natural and normal adult male hair line. It is not possible to tell anything more than that with these photos.

Take care,

Tracy

Tracy, I appreciate the reply but my hair is not thinning up top or on the vertex. It is lush and thick. I am just curious if I can still rock the hair with my current mature hairline. It seems to exaggerate my widows peak so I am becoming kinda self.conscious about it. I don't think I am balding, just receding super slow. Is the receding obvious based on the photos and.is the long hair a mistake with the recession? Rest of my hair is thick and dense as a kids

Hi Mygoodness,

I like your hair the way it is. How you feel about it is more important though. If you are O.K. with it, keep it that way. If you are not O.K. with it, change it. Don't worry about what other people think.

Take care,

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Mygoodness View Post
    ...but my hair is not thinning up top or on the vertex. It is lush and thick.
    P.S. BTW, I hate you... JK..

Tracy, if I were to use minox on my slightly receded/mature temples would I be risking anything? The hair I have lost there is really bugging me. I have heard of minox wrecking havoc on the hairline, but I am.not sure if those are overblown reports. I am curious to try minox but would hate to make things worse then they are. By worse I mean causing a shed and not growing back the hair lost to minox. If I start minox would I see no result to some result, maybe, or... would I do damage to whats currently receded and be worse off?

The thing is, the hair line that you have is a natural and normal male physical trait, especially for caucasion males. This is one of the physical traits that differ between males and females like a lower voice, bigger hands, bigger feet, wider shoulders and stronger muscles. I am not sure anything you do short of castration can stop it from going further - and then transplant surgery to fill it back in. Some males do manage to grow some of their temple hair back with carefull use of Rogaine - but most males cannot - again because this is a natural and normal male physical trait.

If you do decide to start using Minoxidil to attempt to grow some of your temple hair back, you need to commit to staying with it for at least a full year no matter what happens. Also, taper up your dose slowly and use the foam. Do not start off with the twice a day dose as directed on the label. Start off once a day every other day for a few weeks. Then once a day every day for a few more weeks. Then alternate once a day and twice a day for a few more weeks. Then finially twice day for a full year. If after that full year you decide to stop using Minoxidil, taper off the same way in reverse.

Keep the hair and buy a sweet guitar. You've got metal band written all over you.

Hey Tracy, thanks for all the feedback. You seem to be eager and apt to help around here, much appreciated!

And thanks to everyone else here, you guys effin rock!