+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I don't think diet has much of an appreciable effect on MPB, though nutrition can affect the quality of existing hair.
    If rising DHT levels (from food) was the problem, fin or dut should take care of it. Regardless of diet, these drugs will drop your DHT levels below the norm (in some cases way below).

Think about all the 400-pound fast food addicts with NW1's and 2's, and all the diet-obsessed NW5-7's.

I wouldn't say diet has no impact, but thinking of it as "the main defense" from MPB is a ticket to Bruce Willis ville.

Thank you for this valuable information sometimes the truth is under our nose and we cant see it, i believe this method works but as you say in your site its difficult to stop eating sugar potatoes rice and the other but i will try ,i have posted a similar video here but really no one cared to watch with similar content
    it was immediately labelled as a guy promoting his stuff but i understand the immediate rejection when you have been brainwashed that only finasteride and minox can help you and everything else is snake oil.(the free snake oil of a healthy diet and some herbs of 1 dollar a month)

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    you don't get it, it's not that diet causes hair loss. It's the fact that DHT causes hair loss and DHT is increased in some diets, therefore accelerating hairloss.

Like i've said she may be exaggerating some points such as "stopping or reversing hair loss completely" but this definitely has an impact.

She's not selling anything either I'm still looking at the website. I don't agree with milk though.
    I still don't think it will do you any good. My diet consists mainly of fish veggies and nuts, sometimes chicken or turkey and virtually no refined carbohydrates or trans fat and I do cross fit 3-4 times a week. My life style has been like this for maybe 3 years now and yet I still suffer from MPB.

Of course I can't know for sure, if my hair loss would be worse if my diet were different, but I don't think so. I'll keep taking my daily dosage of fin

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    I still don't think it will do you any good. My diet consists mainly of fish veggies and nuts, sometimes chicken or turkey and virtually no refined carbohydrates or trans fat and I do cross fit 3-4 times a week. My life style has been like this for maybe 3 years now and yet I still suffer from MPB.

Of course I can't know for sure, if my hair loss would be worse if my diet were different, but I don't think so. I'll keep taking my daily dosage of fin
    I think it WOULD be . It will do some good to some people and not good to some people just like fin. I wish I could take fin like all of you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    sorry to say this but this is pure nonsense. No doubt that nutrition will have an impact on your hair, but when it comes to MPB other things are in play.

I didn't spend much time on the website but i'm guessing you're trying to sell something or just promoting to get clicks.

I apologize for the negativity.
    I find it intestesting that when the truth is presented, it's shot down. I built this page because I was taken advantage of by hair loss charlatans. Of course I want clicks to my website. I wouldn't have built it otherwise. But the information is true, free and powerful. It took me three years to figure out the hair loss diet connection. If you dismiss it, you are literally throwing away three years of research. You said you didn't spend much time on it. Maybe you need to take another look.

Also, you yourself are on Spencer David Kobren's website. I quote him about four times from his book "The Bald Truth." This information is geared toward men, written by a man. Also, Dr. Barry Sears gives information related to hormones, diet and hair loss.

I do think this diet is very effective for early shedding and balding in males. I do not know the outcome of men with advanced balding.

I think you would believe me more if I was male. Gary Null, Ph.D did an 18-month hair study for people with thinning and balding hair. Out of 150 people, only seven finished. The seven remaining people completely reversed their hair thinning, and had "thick shiny new hair." By the way, the average reversal time is one year.

Many people are unwilling to make the necessary changes it takes to reverse hair loss. This diet is very hard. No fast food, no trash or boxed foods. It will turn your life upside down. In a good way, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I think it WOULD be

Yes I shall never know since I dare not put it to the test But yes everything is worth the shot when it comes to fighting hair loss

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by im losing my hair region View Post
    Thank you for this valuable information sometimes the truth is under our nose and we cant see it, i believe this method works but as you say in your site its difficult to stop eating sugar potatoes rice and the other but i will try ,i have posted a similar video here but really no one cared to watch with similar content
    it was immediately labelled as a guy promoting his stuff but i understand the immediate rejection when you have been brainwashed that only finasteride and minox can help you and everything else is snake oil.(the free snake oil of a healthy diet and some herbs of 1 dollar a month)
    Thank you so much for your positive response. I hate to admit this, but I'm hurt by the negativity. By the way, my brother reversed his balding, and he's 48. He went commando. He eats like a monk. His hair took approximately six to eight months to fully grow back. I guess I'll go back to my own forum and hang out there. If anyone is interested, we'll be here.

Thanks again. I appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sgilk4 View Post
    Thank you so much for your positive response. I hate to admit this, but I'm hurt by the negativity. By the way, my brother reversed his balding, and he's 48. He went commando. He eats like a monk. His hair took approximately six to eight months to fully grow back. I guess I'll go back to my own forum and hang out there. If anyone is interested, we'll be here.

Thanks again. I appreciate your comments.
    You’re going to need to develop a thicker skin if you want to get your word out through a popular forum like BTT. It’s not for the faint of heart Don’t let it get to you, there will always be naysayers. I was also motivated by Spencer Kobren’s book to drastically change my diet and while I don't think it was diet alone, I do think that the combination of diet and medication helped me maintain much of my hair and even regrow some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    You’re going to need to develop a thicker skin if you want to get your word out through a popular forum like BTT. It’s not for the faint of heart Don’t let it get to you, there will always be naysayers. I was also motivated by Spencer Kobren’s book to drastically change my diet and while I don't think it was diet alone, I do think that the combination of diet and medication helped me maintain much of my hair and even regrow some of it.
    I know you're right. I'm a little sensitive. This is my first time doing this. Congratulations on reversing your hair loss. I'm so happy for your success with your hair. I really love Spencer Kobren. This first time I read his books, they went over my head. So I think maybe a little patience on my part is needed. Thank you for your kindness. I am working on a thicker skin.

It took me three years to figure out the hair loss diet connection. If you dismiss it, you are literally throwing away three years of research.
    I agree that nutrition has an impact on hair loss, I do not doubt that for a second. What I doubt is that it will have a substanial effect on MBP. If you are suffering from MBP a healthy diet will help making the hair that are not effected by DHT look good and healthy, but the hair follicles in the areas that are effected by DHT will still shrink and eventually die. It might slow it down a bit, I just don't believe that food will do it alone, if so there would be no balding top athletes...

This diet is very hard. No fast food, no trash or boxed foods.
    I can honestly say that I haven't eaten any fast food or boxed foods for the past 3 years. My diet consists of fish, various vegestables, chicken/turkey and almonds and fruits and I do cross fit 3-4 times a week. Am I missing something in my diet to make this work?

Bonus info: My hair loss is somewhere between NW2 and NW3.