+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Half a Finpecia Tablet?

Hi Guys

Hope all is well. Would like to know what you guys think about this.
    I had flu and I found myself at my doctors office. In the waiting room I found a brochure of heavily advertised Finpecia- Advertised to stop MPB. I grabbed the brochure and rolled it in my Pocket- Knowing that my moms father was bald.

After getting my flu check up. I asked my doctor about my changing hairline.
    I told him I noticed the corners are a bit higher than usual.Making my hairline more a V shape, and not round like it used to be.

I asked him about the finpecia brochure. He said I can take it to stop MPB,
    He gave me a script. At the time I didn't really know what the stuff was.

I thought it was harmless vitamins to stop hairloss. So I have been taking them for 7 months. I haven't seen much change to my hair. Or maybe the lack of change of my hair is the drug actually working.

After researching the drug I found the list off possible side effects. Such as depression and anxiety. I take medication for Anxiety and dont want to have any more of it.

My question is the following: Could I cut the finpecia in half. And only take 50% of it? Will this lesson the side effects? Or are the side effects not dose dependent?

If any one has any leads on this it would be great. I have posted some pictures of my hairline. The black arrows show the hairline higher in the corners.

I know its not really serious , but I just noticed it a while back when looking at older pictures of my self.

I know many guys on the site suffer from a lot of hair loss. About 50% of my friends shave their heads because they say the girls love it. They don't even have MPB. Also about 40% of the women I have spoken to say Bald guys are good-looking. As guys we worry so much. Hope this little bit of motivation helps all of us stressing about our hair.

Anyway. Let me know what you guys think. I would like to drop down to 50% of the finpecia. I am 26 years old.

Warm Regards
    P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg

Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	14892   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00160-20120505-0419.jpg

Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	14893   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00159-20120505-0419.jpg

Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	14894  

Quote Originally Posted by Peggie3 View Post
    Hi Guys
    After researching the drug I found the list off possible side effects. Such as depression and anxiety. I take medication for Anxiety and dont want to have any more of it.
    P
    i dont think you need to worry as side effects are very rare with this drug

the biggest side effect is loss of libido/impotence and they are extremely rare (2% of users reporting it)

i have heard of anxiety being one as well, but keep in mind that most prescription drugs have generalised side effects as well so don't worry too much it would be unlikely for you to experience any. Having said that I am surprised that you just started taking it, no questions asked without researching treatments first! good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    i dont think you need to worry as side effects are very rare with this drug

the biggest side effect is loss of libido/impotence and they are extremely rare (2% of users reporting it)

i have heard of anxiety being one as well, but keep in mind that most prescription drugs have generalised side effects as well so don't worry too much it would be unlikely for you to experience any. Having said that I am surprised that you just started taking it, no questions asked without researching treatments first! good luck.
    Thanks so much for replying. I am also suffering from Dermatitis. (Excema) on the scalp. Hence all the bumps on my scalp and little sores. Does this look like early MPB maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggie3 View Post
    Thanks so much for replying. I am also suffering from Dermatitis. (Excema) on the scalp. Hence all the bumps on my scalp and little sores. Does this look like early MPB maybe?

you should try and sort the excema out if you can, possibly go find a dermatologist as i know that an irritated scalp can speed up hair loss.

your hair doesn't look too bad, in my opinion you have lost some hair at the temples due to mpb but it could easily just be a mature hairline and almost all men will at some point lose temple hair as their hairline moves from a juvenile hairline to a mature one (this isnt male pattern baldness just natural process). you have to judge it for yourself, the positives from starting fin early is its more likely to be effective and a lot of the time kicks the s**t out of mpb....on the flipside if you stop taking you risk losing any hair that you have potentially saved.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I agree that untreated scalp conditions can speed up the hair loss process in those patients who have Androgenetic Alopecia (MPB). Get control of the dermatitis and taking a half of Propecia may still do the trick. Worth a try.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    I agree that untreated scalp conditions can speed up the hair loss process in those patients who have Androgenetic Alopecia (MPB). Get control of the dermatitis and taking a half of Propecia may still do the trick. Worth a try.
    Dr. Glenn Charles; in your opinion is there a potential lessened incidence of sides when lowering finasteride dosage? From 1mg to 0.5mg? From 0.5mg to 0.25mg?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I do think that if the dosing recommendation was made at .5mg or .25 mg daily the incidence of side effects would be lower.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Dr. Glenn Charles; in your opinion is there a potential lessened incidence of sides when lowering finasteride dosage? From 1mg to 0.5mg? From 0.5mg to 0.25mg?
    I'm living proof of that. Had sides at 1mg , no sides at .5mg.

Dr. Glenn Charles i've seen your posting and helping out people a lot, thanks a lot for your input. Wish more doctors would be as cool, no homo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I'm living proof of that. Had sides at 1mg , no sides at .5mg.

Dr. Glenn Charles i've seen your posting and helping out people a lot, thanks a lot for your input. Wish more doctors would be as cool, no homo.

Maradona - Conflicted about Propecia. I've been on it for a while. I simply can't justify spending $90 a month going forward. It's hurting me financially. I've tried the generic route with my doctor but he won't prescribe me to proscar because I'm too young.

So my next idea is to cut the pill in half. Do you feel it's as effective cut in half? I'm worried I'll lose what I've established while on it if I do this.. How has your experiences changed since cutting back on the dosage??

Quote Originally Posted by PacWantsHair View Post
    Maradona - Conflicted about Propecia. I've been on it for a while. I simply can't justify spending $90 a month going forward. It's hurting me financially. I've tried the generic route with my doctor but he won't prescribe me to proscar because I'm too young.

So my next idea is to cut the pill in half. Do you feel it's as effective cut in half? I'm worried I'll lose what I've established while on it if I do this.. How has your experiences changed since cutting back on the dosage??
    Order propecia online much cheaper and its legit too.
    According to some people, it is 80% as effective. I could not evaluate the effectiveness because I was only 1 month on it, i dropped 6 months ago because I was afraid of sides interfering with my studies but I might get back on it again in a few weeks.

You have to know that not everyone needs 70% reduction in DHT, it depends on genetics and your levels of DHT. For some .5mg is fine, and for others its not the same, you never know.

I'm still afraid of propecia...you know. Something tells me I'll end up in propeciahelp.com ...please don't visit that site !