Inconclusive rant about finasteride, DHT reduction and ways to control it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johny.track131
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by SoothSayer
    It is much too early to tell whether the claritin course has reversed Chrisis' side effects. I truly hope that it is able to help, but it is not helpful to be so presumptuous after half a week of trying a treatment.
    not neccissarily, Samjone, the user who posted about this idea, had a really fast reverse in side effects. Let's hoepe the same's the case with chrisis.

Comment

• chrisis
      • Feb 2012

I'm happy to report that I'm continuing to enjoy a returning sensitivity and more normal libido as a consequence of this. Previously my libido was nothing more than something I felt I had to try to exercise every few days, out of habit and fear that I wasn't normal anymore...

Now I'm actually enjoying my libido again.

The only thing I haven't 100% shaken off yet is the lower amount of ejaculate and such, but so far I'm encouraged.

I'd recommend any guy who is suffering with Propecia side effects to give loratadine a try. I don't see how it can harm to try.

I do wonder how long I have to stay on the drug though. Forever?.... and I'm curious how it works to cure the sides, if indeed it has.

This is one of the most constructive discussions on this topic that I've ever read, so let's keep it on track and ignore the trolls and ignorant bullies.

Comment

• clandestine
        • Aug 2011

Great to hear, chrisis. We're all rooting for you man.

Are you currently on anything to try to quell your hair loss after your propecia endeavours?

Comment

• Jcm800
          • Jan 2011

Indeed, nice one Chrisis, hope it keeps up, pun intended

Comment

• Johny.track131
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
            I'm happy to report that I'm continuing to enjoy a returning sensitivity and more normal libido as a consequence of this. Previously my libido was nothing more than something I felt I had to try to exercise every few days, out of habit and fear that I wasn't normal anymore...

Now I'm actually enjoying my libido again.

The only thing I haven't 100% shaken off yet is the lower amount of ejaculate and such, but so far I'm encouraged.

I'd recommend any guy who is suffering with Propecia side effects to give loratadine a try. I don't see how it can harm to try.

I do wonder how long I have to stay on the drug though. Forever?.... and I'm curious how it works to cure the sides, if indeed it has.

This is one of the most constructive discussions on this topic that I've ever read, so let's keep it on track and ignore the trolls and ignorant bullies.
            So happy for you chrisis! Let's hope you make a full recovery! And Thank you Samjone for your 'up until now' amazing suggestion which seems to be working up until now. I think this thread should be stickied because if more people see this possible cure to the sides and try it out and find that it works, then sides because of fin will be a thing of the past!

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Johny.track131
              So happy for you chrisis! Let's hope you make a full recovery! And Thank you Samjone for your 'up until now' amazing suggestion which seems to be working up until now. I think this thread should be stickied because if more people see this possible cure to the sides and try it out and find that it works, then sides because of fin will be a thing of the past!
              someone really does need to post this on propeciahelp.
              I hope you dont have to continue using it for life for it to work.

Comment

• Johny.track131
                • Feb 2012

let's hope not, but frankly, it wouldnt be tht much of a disaster, i mean if someone was willing to take fin everyday for the rest of their life until a proper cure is found for MPB then i think one would probably be willing to take claritin until a proper erectile disfunction 'cure' is found.

Comment

• Jan 2012

wouldn't it be WISE for all you propecia sufferers to GO TO A DOCTOR and do a FULL PANEL TEST to see what's too high and what's too low.... once you EXACTLY what's wrong then you can treat it.
                  This thread is a placebo circlejerk.

btw, did you know that ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION is one the side effects of Claritin?

"claritin erectile dysfuction"

About 1,940,000 results (0.32 seconds)

wtf are you people doing???

Comment

• SoothSayer
                    • Feb 2012

not neccissarily, Samjone, the user who posted about this idea, had a really fast reverse in side effects. Let's hoepe the same's the case with chrisis.
                    The concern wasn't that it would work immediately, it is that it is that one could not permanently rely on lotradine to relieve symptoms. After a while, it is possible that one may develop a tolerance to a proposed treatment which has happened many times with propecia patients. Hopefully Chrisis will make it through though.

Comment

• Johny.track131
                      • Feb 2012

Well we have one confirmed case (samjone) who got it all back (no idea if he needs to take it every day though). And chrisis is going great. and 2020, since you've studied medicine for years and probably have 3-4 PHD's from the top schools of the worl-Universe, why dont you enlighten us mere laymen why you're so sure it's a placebo. Do you ever read any side effects on medicines, they can all cause all kinds of side effects, some things taken to help hairloss are sometimes reported to cause hairloss etc, just cause you probably found a link that probably has 1-2 cases of ED from claritan versus all the people who take it without suffering from anything doesnt mean it's a proven common side effect. Come back when you have a link for 'Claritinhelp.com' and we'll discuss this. But until now, we have one confirmed case of lost sides cause (Samjone) and a case of constant improvement (chrisis) so take your pessemism elsewhere please

Oh and and for your impressive and highly educated quoting of google search results (and surprisingly the time it took to get the search results which OFCOURSE makes your point all the more stronger) you better be careful if you start finding yourself craving brain after you start propecia because "Propecia zombie side effects" has 1,390,000 search results AND got that result in 0.26 seconds :O :O :O We better start building defenses against fellow bald zombies!

Comment

• chrisis
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by 2020
                        wouldn't it be WISE for all you propecia sufferers to GO TO A DOCTOR and do a FULL PANEL TEST to see what's too high and what's too low.... once you EXACTLY what's wrong then you can treat it.
                        This thread is a placebo circlejerk.

btw, did you know that ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION is one the side effects of Claritin?

"claritin erectile dysfuction"

About 1,940,000 results (0.32 seconds)

wtf are you people doing???
                        How SICK do you have to be, to not only bully and harass people who have side effects from taking Propecia, but to go after them when they may have stumbled across a solution?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Comment

• Johny.track131
                          • Feb 2012

Some people just lack sympathy. I havent even started propecia but im trying to help, unlike him. Anyway, how's the improvement man?

Comment

• chrisis
                            • Feb 2012

Some people just lack sympathy. I havent even started propecia but im trying to help, unlike him. Anyway, how's the improvement man?
                            Going good still. I think it's still early days but I'll make a post about this after a bit more time to suggest people try Clarityn/loratadine if they're having problems after taking Propecia.

I really appreciate your help

Comment

• Johny.track131
                              • Feb 2012

Anytime man Good luck and keep us updated, you might save alot of men from dissappointed dates

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
                                How SICK do you have to be, to not only bully and harass people who have side effects from taking Propecia, but to go after them when they may have stumbled across a solution?

What the hell is wrong with you?
                                how am I bullying you??? I simply said that you should go to a doctor and do some tests to see exactly what's wrong with you.
                                low testosterone, high estrogen, low dhea, high cortisol, low thyroid.... all these issues CAN BE FIXED if you just knew what exactly was the problem.

Right now you're just gambling your health with another drug.

Tell me how I'm wrong instead of calling me an asshole again

Comment

Working...