+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Weird idea to cover thinning hair

Hey Guys,

I was thinking (and i know its a strange idea ) that for people like myself who still have e descent amount of hair but the white scalp shining through, wouldnt it be a good idea to use self tanning lotion to reduce the contrast between black hair and white scalp?

of course this would have to be done very carefully to avoid ugly stripes and stuff but with self tanning lotion, thats always the case

my only fear would be that it interacts with minoxidil somehow

Greetings from Switzerland

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
    Hey Guys,

I was thinking (and i know its a strange idea ) that for people like myself who still have e descent amount of hair but the white scalp shining through, wouldnt it be a good idea to use self tanning lotion to reduce the contrast between black hair and white scalp?

of course this would have to be done very carefully to avoid ugly stripes and stuff but with self tanning lotion, thats always the case

my only fear would be that it interacts with minoxidil somehow

Greetings from Switzerland

put...the lotion...down...

as creative as you may feel, there are real products that mask the appearance of your scalp and make it blend in like hair. I personally use couvre (its amazing) i recommend you try it it will be 10x better then tanning lotion.

Ok hands off the lotion
    I was thinking about trying couvre but i have to import it for as many dollars as the product actually costs

And since i read that couvre is visible on the scalp i didnt try it yet because of the cost (i am using toppik at the moment)
    But if you love it i might give it a shot

Ok hands off the lotion
    I was thinking about trying couvre but i have to import it for as many dollars as the product actually costs

And since i read that couvre is visible on the scalp i didnt try it yet because of the cost (i am using toppik at the moment)
    But if you love it i might give it a shot

i use both toppik and couvre depending on how much time i can be bothered to spend in front of the mirror.

from my experience toppik is more visible as it can make your hair look a little matted. Couvre is much better in my opinion (especially if you have dark hair) but the only downside is that if you put too much on and your hair gets wait, it can run. After finding out the hard way I am much more skillful when i put it on now and usually just put my head under the shower after it dries to wash out any excess.

Its kinda expensive but i would pay double if I had to because not only does it cover my mpb people actually think my hair is thick! lol .

if you click on my profile and find my threads, you'll see a thread i made on it with pics.

wow man your hair looks amazing with couvre. Thats an effect one could not archieve with toppik unless you use a whole can of it

I am definitely going to order that product!
    Even tough o think ill wait a few week to use it, since i just cut my hair down to 3 cm so that i can apply minox better. i usually have the same length u have on these pictures. Amazing !

hey jman91 one last question about your amazing looking hair.
    I read a lot about toppik being the product to use when you try to thicken the hair and couvre only colors the scalp but does not thicken hair.

but your hair looks extremly thick after using couvre, or ist that an illusion?

hey jman91 one last question about your amazing looking hair.
    I read a lot about toppik being the product to use when you try to thicken the hair and couvre only colours the scalp but does not thicken hair.

but your hair looks extremly thick after using couvre, or ist that an illusion?
    I thought the exact same as you, that is why i bought both toppik and couvre to begin with but to my surprise the couvre pretty much did the whole job, without much need for toppik (although toppik does provide extra extra thick hair when used with couvre).

those photos are with couvre only, but I will add to achieve that look of thickness I put a small amount of hair gel in my hair after the couvre aplication and then blow dried my hair.

I think the reason it becomes very thick is because just like toppik there is couvre particles that get stuck on to your hair shafts as you can see here...

my hair is 100 x easier to style with couvre in as its thick and has real volume, i dont understand quite how it improves SO much but i now tell anyone whos thinning to use it because i dont see how you would be disapointed with hair that, even if an illusion, looked and felt 10x thicker.

the only thing i will say is that i think how good couvre is depends on the colour. I normally use medium brown but when, in the past, i have accidently ordered dark bown (which is pretty much black) I havent quite got my hair as thick so you may want to try one or twwo colours to see which is best.

Its good to hear that styling is easier for you with couvre on. I think i will experience the same thing since i can always style my hair better when i dont shampoo it a couple of days and some of the hairspray remains in my hair. It looks and feels thicker. But i use minoxidil now and have to wash my hair every day.

Regarding the colour, i have a lot darker hair than yours (in the pictures) but not black. So i hope dark brown will work for me. Since shipping cost is so high for me i will order 2x dark brown.

Thx for sharing your experiences!

Its good to hear that styling is easier for you with couvre on. I think i will experience the same thing since i can always style my hair better when i dont shampoo it a couple of days and some of the hairspray remains in my hair. It looks and feels thicker. But i use minoxidil now and have to wash my hair every day.

Regarding the colour, i have a lot darker hair than yours (in the pictures) but not black. So i hope dark brown will work for me. Since shipping cost is so high for me i will order 2x dark brown.

Thx for sharing your experiences!
    no problem! i would of thought it would make anyones hair feel/look thicker. I am interested to know other peoples experience with this product so post back after you've used it (it may take a few times to get how to use it well thought) and let me know what you thought.

O will, might be a few weeks though. I will order it this week, and then it could take a while till i get it (switzerland) i will get back to you as soon as i used it