Educated Questions from a Newbie *pics*

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

What bothers you more: a life long commitment to minoxidil, or the horseshoe look? If you want to do what you can to avoid being a NW6 or worse, give minox a try. You can always say screw it and stop if you decide it is a pain to apply. Not saying minox will do anything, but I personally would give it a try for at least 6 months. What do you have to lose, 50 bucks?

Also have you considered microdosing fin? MPB47, actually posted in this thread that he was no longer taking fin because of the sides. He jumped back on it at .25mg(I believe) and is seeing results.

Comment

• manimgoindowndown
      • Apr 2012

I feel you guys. I'm sure you guys come across a ton of posters who have a mental inability to come to terms with their baldness, but I have a great mind body connection and make sure to keep all things except for my variable the same (dosing). I actually find out what people are using, google what I feel and the medicine's name after my experince, to see if there is any connection with the medicine I am talking, vs knowing the symptom beforeh and I DEFINITELY felt it with fin. This was more than a year ago so I might have been on it for more than a week, but I could definitely feel a lack of sexual drive, recovery time on lifts etc.

From what I understood, and what is my current concern is that much more often than not, and proven scientifically, rogaine does not grow hair on the top of your head. Combined with my father's side of the family losing hair, I wonder if the marginal benefit of rogaine (which is a lot less than fin) is worth it.

The way I look at this is I have to shave my head everywweek and from a time stand point it's probably a lot easier rubbing Rogaine on top of my head 90 seconds every morning. The only side effect I had on Rogaine was some bags underneath my eye and it being hot and going to the gym, not having the foam fully absorbed, or being secreted after I sweated in the gym.

Comment

• mpb47
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
        What bothers you more: a life long commitment to minoxidil, or the horseshoe look? If you want to do what you can to avoid being a NW6 or worse, give minox a try. You can always say screw it and stop if you decide it is a pain to apply. Not saying minox will do anything, but I personally would give it a try for at least 6 months. What do you have to lose, 50 bucks?

Also have you considered microdosing fin? MPB47, actually posted in this thread that he was no longer taking fin because of the sides. He jumped back on it at .25mg(I believe) and is seeing results.
        That is correct. i am taking .25 2x a week. It is working though I would say this time my results on a small dose are more typical than the first time. By that i mean it is working better in the back than in the front and the new hair is thin and soft. But still better off than before for sure. Since I am not having any issues, i am considering upping the dose to see if crown will fill in more.

Comment

• Tortoise
          • Feb 2013

The connection between fin/dut and sexual side effects is not straight forward. I have had the complete opposite reaction to fin and dut where my sex drive and erections increased (but semen changed a little). But there's definitely a lot of bad news surrounding these meds and sexual side effects - I think there's some crazy guys out there who have vendettas and who flood the net with their stories purposefully trying to make other men avoid the meds.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Tortoise
            The connection between fin/dut and sexual side effects is not straight forward. I have had the complete opposite reaction to fin and dut where my sex drive and erections increased (but semen changed a little). But there's definitely a lot of bad news surrounding these meds and sexual side effects - I think there's some crazy guys out there who have vendettas and who flood the net with their stories purposefully trying to make other men avoid the meds.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.
            I believe there are guys out there that have suffered sides, but I think many of the guys are the ones you describe in your post.

Comment

Working...