Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ccmethinning
    Oh come on guys these results are borderline statistically insignificant, especially given that 37% of placebo increases showed an increase.
    I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

I am sure David Hall and the team at Replicel will clear this up over the next couple of days. Just be glad that they grew SOME hair.

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

"..terminal hair (thick hair) density increased by 12.5%"
      How could anyone view this as a 'failure'?
      We shall see the expanded report after the European Hair Research Society in Barcelona, Spain, June 21st-23rd, 2012.
      I'm SURE that when those subjects that grew 12.5% MORE hair in density, looks in the mirror every morning it makes them happy, (maybe a bit more relaxed) and looking forward to the eventual Phase IIb results.

I am! It is safe and effective and so Phase IIb will increase the dosage and everything else that's related to testing.

Comment

• ccmethinning
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
        I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

I am sure David Hall and the team at Replicel will [spin this off] over the next couple of days. Just be glad that they grew SOME hair.
        Fixed it for ya.

Comment

• ccmethinning
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Artista
          We shall see the expanded report after the European Hair Research Society in Barcelona, Spain, June 21st-23rd, 2012.
          I'm SURE that when those subjects that grew 12.5% MORE hair in density, looks in the mirror every morning it makes them happy, (maybe a bit more relaxed) and looking forward to the eventual Phase IIb results.

I am! It is safe and effective and so Phase IIb will increase the dosage and everything else that's related to testing.
          You misquoted (perhaps deliberately) VELLUS hair density increased 12.5%. Terminal hair density only increased 3.2%.

Phase 1 was already a megadose, and intercytex FAILED in phase 2.

Comment

• inkt2002
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Artista

I would rather have the placebo they used. Almost the same performance, and probably much cheaper.

Comment

• Davey Jones
              • Apr 2012

To start things off, I want to remind everyone that the injection was into the temple area. I saw several people wonder why they did that, as they thought it would be impossible to grow any hair at all there. So...that's good, right? This wasn't amazing news, but let's keep the faith, guys. They are doing okay when they're even growing hair in the placebo injection sites! (Har-har.)

All in all, I am happy it worked a little, which means that they can continue research (and I might not lose anything on those 500 stocks). How do these results stack up against Histogen and Aderans results from Phase I at six months?

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

ccmethinning, you are so right. My apologies to all.
                Thanks for clarifying .

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                  • Jul 2011

LOL

where are 2020 and Kiwi?

now can I say I told you so?

I told you that them not giving a date means they could push back results

I told you that the results would be a weak and/or vague letdown

wow... am I some sort of prophet?

Comment

• uninformed
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                    LOL

where are 2020 and Kiwi?

You are so cooooool dude have a medal

Comment

• chrisis
                      • Feb 2012

The results could either have been good or bad.

I think you'll need higher odds than 50/50 to predict something accurately and be labelled a prophet.

Maybe you're just a pessimistic person.

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

LOL

where are 2020 and Kiwi?

Prophet of talking bollox.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                          • May 2011

In terms of regrowth the numbers are horrible considering it was an insanely high dose. They may have a cellular based treatment to maintain and keep your hair which at least would mean a norwood 3 could put a freeze on hairloss and then fill up the hairline with FUE.

I'm assuming Aderans are miles ahead of this.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this trial was to determine safety and whether or not Replicel can grow hair (in the temples nonetheless). Now we know the answers are yes and yes. No one can predict whether it will succeed or fail, or how much hair it can ultimately grow, or whether Replicel's timetable can compete with those of other companies like Histogen or Aderans. But these results are precisely what was needed for R&D to continue on this treatment. In fact they are pretty much exactly what I expected out of a successful trial.
                            Was anybody thinking they would announce a miracle cure at this point? Why all this worrying?

This is how medical research works in the USA and in other countries. "Bad news" would have been 0% hair growth. "Terrible news" would have been problems with safety and health. Neither of those things happened.
                            Relax guys.

Comment

• Tracy C
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Delphi
                              I can’t stand the negativity and mean spirits that some people on this forum have. It’s like they have no soul and want these treatments to fail.
                              That is how it looks to me.

Folks need to learn how to pull their heads out of their butts. This is great news. This is one step closer to bringing a real cure to market.

BTW, a 12% increase would help someone like me a great deal. A little bit can make a big difference. Since it is reasonable to believe these results are compoundable, there is no reason to be so gloomy about it.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                                • May 2011

Thing is though, the number of cells was an order of magnitude or 2 higher than the envisaged treatment dose. Like 10 or 100 times more. They were talking about greater than 20% to beat finasteride. They have certainly fallen way short of expectations.

Consider this, finasteride and minoxidil were serendiptous findings. In other words it was visible with the naked eye. Replicel's treatment is clearly not.

Comment

Working...