+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

kooliya,

great update man. I am a week 7 and man I wish the time with fly so i can see the results. From what I have seen Wong has a great rep.

Can not wait for both of us to share our photos with a big smile on our faces.

If you get the chance check out my site via my profile.

Keep up the truthful posts and good luck!

Default One Year update

Its been little over a year since my transplant. My hair started coming in 3 months post op, by month. I was quite worried at month 4-5 but month 6 came with quite nice growth. Had my transplant on april 26, by Halloween I was quite satisfied with growth. I had full growth and final cosmetic results apparent by Dec.
    First of all I gotta thank Dr Wong for his wonderful work. I was about to make quite a mistake by going with 2000 grafts and still wanted to put a small "wig" (partial lace system) behind my hairline and in the temple corners. I ended up with 3500 grafts spread out and haven't looked at that crap in months. I do use Dermmatch and Toppik for density but it's breeze compared to the partial I used. Only problem I have with the toppik is the nasty bathroom effect. I think toppik and Dermmatch are completely undetectable to touch and site as long as you do it right and have enough hair to pull it off. I've never had nasty pillows but I wouldn't push by luck in water even though it holds up quite good in cold water without soap/shampoo. I use tresemme ultra fine mist hair spray to hold things in place and it works great! I still take my propecia and haven't had any side effects after 4 years of use. It works quite good at holding on to what I have even though I am sure I am still losing hair albeit at a much slower pace.
    Scar: I still haven't found someone to take a picture of my scar neither am I too inclined to care about taking one. It's not the best scar I have seen, as a mater of fact I think it's a shitty scar. Kinda wide at the wrong places and if not concealed properly, its prone to show. But I can live with it. Dr Wong tried to maximize the number of grafts for one session and we were able to cover that objective. I wish it was a better looking scar but never really cared about it, as a matter of fact I have stopped caring about hair loss in general. Life is good like this. For some of us it's hard to understand(I been there) but hairloss doesn't matter as much as we obsess about it. Don't get me wrong it does make a difference but so does being fat, not smart and being negative and the list goes on and on!. Sometimes we obsess. It's easy for me to say this now but sometimes you learn in retrospect. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely give shaving a try before going for a transplant. As for wearing a system? All I can say is hell no! I was satisfied with the way it looked and all but it goes with extreme paranoia, for me personally its not worth it. It's not undetectable to touch and the upkeep very tedious at best. Not worth my sanity but It can work great for someone with the right attitude.
    Dr Wong and staff: Dr Wong is a premier transplant surgeon, I don't have a lot to compare with except for Dr Ochs who I think is blood sucking parasite but Dr Wong has done a great job and the results speak for themselves. He has the vision, the experience and the skill. I think my hairline is very natural and undetectable. Glad he talked me out of wearing small partials behind my hairline. Now that I think about it would've been disastrous! I'd rather look a little thin than have constant paranoia and sticky shit on my head! Last but not by any means least, I thank Dr Wong's staff. All these wonderful techs did a great job and worked so patiently and tirelessly. It takes a special kind of person(not me!) to do such a tedious job! They cared for each graft like it was precious and that kind of work ethic is very rare. Thank you!!
    I am posting a few pics here, didn't take any without the concealer and I might take some and post, I might not! Depends on my mood, this was a spur of the moment decision while drying my hair after dermmatch. First ones are with just Dermmatch. Last two have both Dermmatch and Toppik. Thanks for reading this, hopefully it helps someone!

Thumbs up

You've come a long way and look great! Congratulations!

Default Scar

Well at least your goal was accomplished. If the scar isn't great maybe you could do some things for it. H&W might even fue into if you tell them it bothers you.

Thank you for your story! I cannot see the pictures