Spencer, please help us end the debate on Dr. Gho's HST procedure!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gc83uk
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
    hey gc, I have question if u don't mind. Does Dr. Gho take early stage pattern baldness patients? and does he do a minituarization study to see if the donor's stable?

If not, can you ask him? I'm thinking of getting my temples hairline fixed with Gho (at least there is no scarring and regeneration is prety obvious at this point) l might document my case as well.

Maradona, what nw are you and how old are you? I don't see why he wouldn't he seems to prefer doing smaller procedures.

He didn't do a miniaturization test on me!

Comment

• Maradona
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk
      Maradona, what nw are you and how old are you? I don't see why he wouldn't he seems to prefer doing smaller procedures.

He didn't do a miniaturization test on me!

I'm Nw 2 I think. I'm just afraid the grafts will fall because my donor might not be stable, you know it might happen.

I don't know what my final norwood pattern will be because my family all of them are nw 2 or at most nw 3 at fifty.

But i'm the only guy in my family developing MPB at young age, so I might go to nw 6 or nw 7 in a few years. If Gho extracts the follicles thinking that my final pattern will be a nw 4 or nw 6, then if i'm destined to nw 7, the grafts will fall.

I mean if you're an old guy chances are it won't happen but when you're young as me (23 years old), anything is possible.

Comment

• Maradona
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
        I have been thinking about this too Maradona.

Only thing putting me off is price, and of course if histogens treatment interfares with Ghos.
        Are you in the US? Price shouldn't be a problem, just find a job and get your ass to work.

Let me tell you if I was in Brazil, there's no fukin way I would ever be able to afford Gho.

Comment

• gc83uk
          • Nov 2011

I'm Nw 2 I think. I'm just afraid the grafts will fall because my donor might not be stable, you know it might happen.

I don't know what my final norwood pattern will be because my family all of them are nw 2 or at most nw 3 at fifty.

But i'm the only guy in my family developing MPB at young age, so I might go to nw 6 or nw 7 in a few years. If Gho extracts the follicles thinking that my final pattern will be a nw 4 or nw 6, then if i'm destined to nw 7, the grafts will fall.

I mean if you're an old guy chances are it won't happen but when you're young as me (23 years old), anything is possible.
          He will not turn you away if your a nw2 or nw3. I'll try and find some pics from a nw2/3 patient.

Why worry about what you will be in a few years? Just concentrate on today and worry about the future in the future. These grafts aren't going to fail, I don't think I've ever seen it. Why do you think they might fail or fall as you put it?

You don't want to be stuck in this forum for 10 years and only get a hair transplant once your finally a nw6, that makes no sense.

If your that worried about it not working then just ask for 500 grafts, by time Gho gets to you, you'll be 24. It's not too young. Look at Rooney, he was 25.

Comment

• Maradona
            • Nov 2011

He will not turn you away if your a nw2 or nw3. I'll try and find some pics from a nw2/3 patient.

Why worry about what you will be in a few years? Just concentrate on today and worry about the future in the future. These grafts aren't going to fail, I don't think I've ever seen it. Why do you think they might fail or fall as you put it?

You don't want to be stuck in this forum for 10 years and only get a hair transplant once your finally a nw6, that makes no sense.

If your that worried about it not working then just ask for 500 grafts, by time Gho gets to you, you'll be 24. It's not too young. Look at Rooney, he was 25.
            Hahaha. They might fall in a few years because those follicles might be susceptible to DHT too. I am not saying they will fall because of Gho's technique but because that zone might be MPB zone. I don't know if you catch my drift.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Hahaha. They might fall in a few years because those follicles might be susceptible to DHT too. I am not saying they will fall because of Gho's technique but because that zone might be MPB zone. I don't know if you catch my drift.
              GC can you post pics of NW2 guy and maradona, you might be developing a mature hairline?

Comment

• gc83uk
                • Nov 2011

Aww well you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. He takes the grafts from the same zone, are you telling me you think your safe zone donor might be effected by dht and fall? Why is that? Have you seen any hair transplant dr's in the states yet? If not, it might be worth using their resources before flying over to Gho and getting some reassuring answers.

Comment

• gc83uk
                  • Nov 2011

GC can you post pics of NW2 guy and maradona, you might be developing a mature hairline?
                  Yea will try and find some on one of those german forums.

by the way, Neversaynever is a 'nw3ish' as he puts it and he is going for his HST this month from what I can remember. So it's clear Gho takes NW3.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Yea will try and find some on one of those german forums.

by the way, Neversaynever is a 'nw3ish' as he puts it and he is going for his HST this month from what I can remember. So it's clear Gho takes NW3.
                    Can gho restore the juvanile hairline, his hairline pics on the HST site look shit.

Comment

• JJJJrS
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by damielmillo
                      Guys, in 1 week i will have my procedure with Gho. I am really anxious.
                      He told me to do 1600 grafts but i want more...Hope he can extract at least 1800 grafts.
                      I have a very good Camera, so i will open a thread with my experience and checking for the donor regeneration.
                      I am 25 years old, and i plan to book another procedure 9 months later.
                      I Will Keep updated

Thanks
                      Thanks for offering to document your procedure damielmillo. gc83uk gave some great advice. Please take as many clear, high-resolution photos of your shaved donor area before and after the procedure as you can. Please also take pictures of your recipient area. There are some posters who will analyze your donor regeneration and recipient yield in full detail. This way you can see how effective HST is for you before having subsequent procedures.

I think neversaynever is also having his procedure in a few weeks so it will be very interesting to see how the procedure turns out for both of you.

Hopefully you can get the number of grafts increased as well. I hope Gho will be less conservative with graft numbers as time goes by.

Comment

• Maradona
                        • Nov 2011

no i did a miniaturization study in the front. I was a Norwood 1 roughly a year ago, hairline is clearly thinning. I didn't do a miniaturization study in the donor area, even If I did it's hard to know what will my fate be.

I shed thin hairs too, oily scalp. It's confirmed I am doomed.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

no i did a miniaturization study in the front. I was a Norwood 1 roughly a year ago, hairline is clearly thinning. I didn't do a miniaturization study in the donor area, even If I did it's hard to know what will my fate be.

I shed thin hairs too, oily scalp. It's confirmed I am doomed.
                          can you post pics?

Comment

• Maradona
                            • Nov 2011

Aww well you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. He takes the grafts from the same zone, are you telling me you think your safe zone donor might be effected by dht and fall? Why is that? Have you seen any hair transplant dr's in the states yet? If not, it might be worth using their resources before flying over to Gho and getting some reassuring answers.
                            By donor zone, you mean he's assuming you will end up in a nw 7 pattern?

I saw a very very small bald spot in the donor area, this is why i am asking.

Don't get mad at me, your donor looks safe, so you should be good. I am asking for me.

Comment

• Maradona
                              • Nov 2011

can you post pics?
                              Look at scorpion pics it's the same, I'm looking at my picture april 2011, I think I was a norwood 0. I'm shedding like a dog and nw2 to nw 2.5 at one year later.

Comment

• gc83uk
                                • Nov 2011

By donor zone, you mean he's assuming you will end up in a nw 7 pattern?

I saw a very small bald spot size in the donor area, this is why i am asking.

Don't get mad at me, your donor looks safe, so you should be good. I am asking for me.
                                Well it's sensible to only take from the donor area, you can't argue with that. It's better to be safe than sorry and to assume I'll end up an nw7.

So you've seen a very small bald spot on my donor area photos or are you talking about your donor area? I'm not mad about any observation like that. I'd like to see exactly what your referring to though. It could be from my biopsy or from a small strip surgery I had when I was 14 (That's a long story, probably not worth discussing here).

Personally if I knew I was going to be a nw7, I would keep getting say a 1000 grafts done each year chasing the baldness so it always looked as if I wasn't balding, I wouldn't wait until I was a nw7 and then do something about.

Each to their own though!

Comment

Working...