+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

This pdf is from the hasci website, http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloa...%20Neumann.pdf

Well, thanks Spencer for at least trying to address the issue and taking the time to read (the posts regarding this) and write back. I don't think people mean they want you to go personally to Gho and document the process but I'm sure someone can.

I think this Gho dude is out of his mind. Why is he so indifferent to the potential fame and wealth (EXTRA wealth) that could come as a result of him proving to us and other doubtful HT doctors that his method works ?? It's really beyond me? It's not that I doubt the guy but if I were him I'd be more than willing to prove to the world that what I have is what I claim it to be. In fact, I'd be so eager to do that. I can't understand this guy. The only thing he's doing -by not rising to the challenge- is creating persistent doubts and suspicions about his claim. Just get the **** out and show us and remove all the doubts once and for all. What does he have to lose ????????????????? What the hell is his logic ???

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Hey Guys,

I wanted to let you know that I skyped Dr. Gho after my program last night and invited him to do another interview and chat about finding ways to better establish more consistent verifiable findings for his HST technique. I have not heard back from him yet, but I hope I will soon.

As far as my personal ability to visually verify whether HST is a success or not, there are several real world issues that come into play that make this extremely difficult, if not impossible from what I have been advised. It’s important to state that I am not a physician or a scientist, I am simply a layman like most of you. From what I’ve been told by the experts, a visual assessment will not ensure that hair follicles are completely regenerating and certainly cannot provide any verifiable data as to whether or not the fibrotic tissue surrounding the extraction sites will inhibit or impair future transplantation of these follicles in subsequent procedures.

On another note, If this procedure truly proves to be what Dr. Gho claims it is, I would love to advocate for it within the hair transplant professional community, just like I did with FUE back in 1999. However, as others have pointed out, I have no magic powers to force physicians to incorporate any procedure into their practices. The real power lies with the hair loss consumer, as seen in the evolution of FUE. If patients come forward who have had great results with Dr. Gho’s techniques en masse, the medical community will listen. I have zero control over the evolution of this technique, it simply comes down to verifiable evidence, and consumer demand.

I also think it might be in the best interest of the hair loss community, and Dr. Gho’s HST technique if some of the more vocal posters suggest to Dr. Gho that he train 10 or so physicians in this technique at no charge. It would not effect Dr. Gho’s long term business model and since physicians will continue to pay his company for all supplies needed for HST, he’ll still be profiting right away from this approach. An effort like this might just help to get things rolling in a positive direction if in fact HST is consistently successful. Once this is proven, it is my view, that physicians will be lining up to pay the $50,000 training fee.

I will keep the community updated concerning my communication with Dr. Gho.
    Thank you for that great post Spencer. As someone who's still uncertain about all the options out there, it's great to have someone like you who can help us figure things out. More and more patients are getting procedures with Gho right now and I think it's extremely important that we all know whether HST works as advertised.

I understand from your post that it's very difficult to verify the claims but could you by any chance recommend some place future Gho patients can turn to at all? Surely there must be people out there who can give at least some indication whether the harvested donor follicles are regenerating and at what level the recipient yield is?

Thanks one again for the response. I'm sure many of us greatly appreciate it and hopefully Dr. Gho gets back to you as well.

Thank you Spencer Kobren!

Let me take my Gho hat off for a second...

From what I can gather, my photos are not sufficient to prove donor regrowth to everyone. I respect that, because I am just one random guy.

From reading between the lines, 'the people' want Gho to go the extra mile to prove the donor regeneration. Perhaps more pictures, more videos and Spencer can perhaps encourage this on the next interview. I don't know how else Gho can prove this technique, as Spencer said, a visual assessment won't work, any suggestions?

Spencer assuming your still reading the thread, I have seen this question asked 100s of times now, 'where are Dr Gho's newly trained Physicians?' I think we all thought somebody would have taken up his offer by now and if I'm not mistaken on his last interview he said there was a queue of people lining up to learn his procedure.

I know of 2 baldtruthtalk users who are due to have a procedure this month with Gho: neversaynever and Damielmillo, I really hope they can take before and after photos because we need more cases.

Same goes for you NeedHairAsap, please don't be too disheartened because you feel my photos have made no difference. I think they have definitely helped and if you do go to Gho as you say you will, please do the same. For every 2 or 3 people that rubbish Gho, there may well be 100 times as many that are just waiting for a few more documented cases before deciding for sure.

Go doesn't have to go the extra mile or anything. It's simple. All he has to do is let another well known HT doctor/s -who's neutral (not pro or anti-Gho)- watch and document the procedure done on at least two patients (on tape/with close ups) then have the patients come back after a period of time to check the donor site. Maybe they can take a close up of a small area (in the donor site), mark it somehow, count the hairs before the procedure then count them some time after and see if they get the same number of hairs. It is NOT impossible to do. This isn't much for Gho to do if he wants to really shut every one up and at the same time prove his method is real AND at the same time increase his profits after more people start booking with him.

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    This pdf is from the hasci website
    Yes, I've read that before. I don't want to see a journal article; I want to see a section of Dr. Gho's site where he's offering photographic evidence of donor regrowth as an advertisement to prospective patients. Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Go doesn't have to go the extra mile or anything. It's simple. All he has to do is let another well known HT doctor/s -who's neutral (not pro or anti-Gho)- watch and document the procedure done on at least two patients (on tape/with close ups) then have the patients come back after a period of time to check the donor site. Maybe they can take a close up of a small area (in the donor site), mark it somehow, count the hairs before the procedure then count them some time after and see if they get the same number of hairs. It is NOT impossible to do. This isn't much for Gho to do if he wants to really shut every one up and at the same time prove his method is real AND at the same time increase his profits after more people start booking with him.
    I agree with nearly all of that, except the last little bit. He's so over booked it's a joke. This is partly why I believe he isn't as bothered about telling the world as I believe he should be. He has something great here, but he's so laid back.

But your right in the sense he could increase his profits if he could allow other Dr's to use his procedure in via his franchise or whatever model.

Gmonasco, didn't you see my previous post? This is exactly what I said, he needs to be doing that IMO. You haven't really answered any of my questions either, what do you think about the photos I've uploaded showing donor regrowth?

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    You haven't really answered any of my questions either, what do you think about the photos I've uploaded showing donor regrowth?
    What I think is that any photos that aren't posted on Dr. Gho's own site (or otherwise personally attested to by him) are irrelevant, because he has no liability for their truthfulness.

So am I wasting my time uploading photos then? Your coming across really negative. Don't you realise I'm only trying to help and be constructive?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Yes, I've read that before. I don't want to see a journal article; I want to see a section of Dr. Gho's site where he's offering photographic evidence of donor regrowth as an advertisement to prospective patients. Where is it?
    How about this? Donor Regrowth photos from Hasci Website