+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by damielmillo View Post
    I am here. I had the procedure 20 days ago. I am now travelling through Europe, so when i came to my country i will make a full post.
    For knowing, Gho will open a new clinic in Jakarta - Singapour this year.
    Bye
    But dude, Jakarta in in Indonesia, not Singapore. Are you sure he said Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by maxhair View Post
    More specifically, Gho has spoken (to me) of incorporating Histogen when available.
    Can you share some more details about your conversation? If you really did speak to him personally, you must have went into a fair amount of detail if you're discussing Histogen and his plans to incorporate it into his clinic.

The whole discussion we're having now is exactly why Spencer should interview him again and discuss some of these topics - i.e. definitive proof of HST, limitations of the procedure, plans to share HST with other surgeons/clinics, his thoughts on Histogen etc.

He just mentioned it in passing, agreeing that Acell is crap, and that he'd be getting hold of some Histogen as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhair View Post
    He just mentioned it in passing, agreeing that Acell is crap, and that he'd be getting hold of some Histogen as soon as possible.
    sounds like he made a passing hypothetical comment and you took it and ran with it. It sounds more like he was complimenting, or acknowledging their work, than admitting that he was going to incorporate it into HST immediately.

the fact that jakarta isn't in singapore is strange

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    yeah.... I'm thinking his own procedure doesn't work that well but with Histogen it may be good. Singapore will certainly be one of the first countries where Histogen will be introduced fasted....
    Maybe Gho sees Histogen as a possible booster for individuals who have a severely limited donor area from previous transplants.. Who knows?

http://www. regrowhair .com/hair-transplant-surgery/hair-science-institute-the-hair-stem-cell-transplant-procedure-the-gho-procedure/

Thanks for the link. I never understood the excitement surrounding Gho, and I get so tired of people on this forum and others talking about Gho's procedure as if it has already been established that it works. There is no independent confirmation, and there are there are no NW 6s that Gho has transformed into NW1s with acceptable density and coverage. Some of the soccer players he operated on look good, but their hairlines are still high, and I have yet to see any photos of fully grown out results.

Furthermore even if it does work, it is still a HT and as I see it, subject to the following limitations:

1. Inability to get desired density in the recipient, as density is limited to what a surgeon can manually place.

2. A very long "ugly duckling" phase would be needed to transform high NWs, since the procedure would entail getting around 1500 grafts placed, waiting for everything to heal grow back, then repeating again and again for however many years it takes to restore a full head of hair. In the meantime, the patient has to spend years living with a very unnatural looking hairline.

3. Gho's skills as an artist. I've seen no photographs to suggest that Gho is capable of consistently creating desirable cosmetic results. I would not be pleased with any of the results shown on Gho's website, and those are the showcase patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I never understood the excitement surrounding Gho, and I get so tired of people on this forum and others talking about Gho's procedure as if it has already been established that it works. There is no independent confirmation, and there are there are no NW 6s that Gho has transformed into NW1s with acceptable density and coverage. Some of the soccer players he operated on look good, but their hairlines are still high, and I have yet to see any photos of fully grown out results.

Furthermore even if it does work, it is still a HT and as I see it, subject to the following limitations:

1. Inability to get desired density in the recipient, as density is limited to what a surgeon can manually place.

2. A very long "ugly duckling" phase would be needed to transform high NWs, since the procedure would entail getting around 1500 grafts placed, waiting for everything to heal grow back, then repeating again and again for however many years it takes to restore a full head of hair. In the meantime, the patient has to spend years living with a very unnatural looking hairline.

3. Gho's skills as an artist. I've seen no photographs to suggest that Gho is capable of consistently creating desirable cosmetic results. I would not be pleased with any of the results shown on Gho's website, and those are the showcase patients.

okay, get the histogen procedure done.

That's the entire point of this thread. To try to get some type of independent analysis that will give us an idea on how well Dr. Gho's HST works. It's frustrating that there's such a wide array of opinions on the effectiveness of the procedure and no common consensus in the hair loss community.

Even if you believe in the procedure, there's a lot of questions that still haven't been adequately answered, at least in my opinion. How often can the same follicle be harvested? Do the donor and recipient follicles maintain the same characteristics after HST extraction? Beyond patients with depleted donor supplies and high levels of hair loss, who else might be considered a difficult patient for HST?

Working under the premise that HST does indeed work as described:

You're right that HST is still a hair transplant and the end result will depend on the artistic and surgical skills of the surgeon. In theory, there will be much less of a risk than standard hair transplants however, if there is indeed donor regeneration and minimal scarring.

We're seen traditional hair transplant surgeons produce some high density results, so we know it can be done. I think the HST procedure, in practice, should allow for even higher density just based on the minimal invasiveness of the procedure. The injection method that he is developing (HSI) could also be interesting in this case.

If there were some consensus on the procedure and it was shown to work as described, then I'm sure many surgeons would be interested to learn it. We already see surgeons who specialize in megasessions and have shown good artistic skill, so I'd love to see what some of these doctors could do with a procedure like HST.

It's important to think of the bigger picture as well. This doctor claims to be creating 2 hairs from 1 with consistent results. That is an absolutely huge possible development in hair restoration with tremendous potential. Our options are limited right now, so what better thing to look into then a procedure which is theoretically much more effective then anything else out there.

If a new procedure comes and makes hair transplants a thing of that past, that would be amazing and I hope that day can come soon. At the moment however, we have so signs that a real cure is coming out anytime soon, although some of the research is promising. The best thing we can do is analyse and scrutinize the existing options, and on paper, there is no doubt that HST sounds the most advanced of all current options.

Furthermore even if it does work, it is still a HT
    I feel most people who hate go, such as 2020, tend to be what I call "future treatment fundamentalists". These people will accept nothing less than...

1. a topical that gives you more density and a lower hairline than you had in your teens.

2. a pill that gives you more density and a lower hairline than you had in your teens.

3. a magical stemcell injection that gives you more density and a lower hairline than you had in your teens. (this one is the most strange because as gho has said, the needle he uses is smaller than the one they use to draw blood)

These Future treatment fundamentalists (FTFs for short) often fail to understand that us Ghoists hope for these very same things. However, we realize that, aside from MAYBE histogen, there is nothing TRUELY even RELATIVELY close to market. HST is currently on the market. Thusly, we Ghoists are very "excited" about it and tend to "bring it up over and over". (this last notion is also very amusing, as discussion of HST is frowned upon, whereas speculating endlessly and without basis about other future treatments is championed as a productive activity)

I understand people want more evidence, but it's frustrating when you have multiple journal articles spanning several different publications, and people dismiss it as lies. If you can't count journal articles as pieces of evidence that are more likely true than not, what can you do? There is several Macro photos with tattoos in these journals, and very in-depth discussions of the procedure, yet they are not looked at with healthy criticism, but rather dismissed completely.

Sincerely,

A Ghoist of the Second Degree