+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Hope so man. I genuinely do. I want it to work as much as you do. I'm just very wary of Dr. Gho given his colourful past.
    don't hope. go look at the pictures and count... man

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    some guys can see lots of replicel hairs without seeing a photo.

+1

In 2009, a number of hair restoration and cosmetic surgery clinics from the Netherlands and Belgium sued Dr. Gho and his Hair Science Institute clinic for false advertising based on the claims he was making about his HST procedure.

On both occasions this was done, the courts ruled in Dr. Gho's favour.

Here's a retraction from Dr. Feriduni, who's a well respected hair transplant surgeon specializing in FUE:

Feriduni Retraction

More information can be found on HASCI's website under the "News" and then the "File: Hair Stem Cell transplantation" sections.

Certainly, gives credit that Dr. Gho is doing things that other hair transplant surgeons cannot. Once again, I think we should all get behind this initiative so that we can develop a full understanding of HST and its limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    In 2009, a number of hair restoration and cosmetic surgery clinics from the Netherlands and Belgium sued Dr. Gho and his Hair Science Institute clinic for false advertising based on the claims he was making about his HST procedure.

On both occasions this was done, the courts ruled in Dr. Gho's favour.

Here's a retraction from Dr. Feriduni, who's a well respected hair transplant surgeon specializing in FUE:

Feriduni Retraction

More information can be found on HASCI's website under the "News" and then the "File: Hair Stem Cell transplantation" sections.

Certainly, gives credit that Dr. Gho is doing things that other hair transplant surgeons cannot. Once again, I think we should all get behind this initiative so that we can develop a full understating of HST and its limitations.
    So why isnt he using HST? If Ghos tech is working.

I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    So why isnt he using HST? If Ghos tech is working.

I dont get it.
    From the retraction:

"The HAIR SCIENCE INSTITUTE owns a patent for this technology. I am not familiar with this technique nor do I apply it. Also I do not have a licence to apply the HAIR SCIENCE INSTITUTE's latest tecnique."

Might have to do with those issues above. That's the whole point of this initiative though, to try to get some answers on HST. Hopefully Spencer gets a reply back from Gho.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    From the retraction:

"The HAIR SCIENCE INSTITUTE owns a patent for this technology. I am not familiar with this technique nor do I apply it. Also I do not have a licence to apply the HAIR SCIENCE INSTITUTE's latest tecnique."

Might have to do with those issues above. That's the whole point of this initiative though, to try to get some answers on HST. Hopefully Spencer gets a reply back from Gho.
    Why doesnt he buy a license?

Amazing to see a very well respected doctor admit that gho is making 2 hairs out of 1.

I totally understand why he isnt adopting HST. Because gho will own him. Does anyone know the details of the patent gho holds?

Does the patent stop others using those same DS cells or is it simply the instruments?

Its such a shame that no other docs can investigate and develop their own HST, because Gho will continue to raise prices, where other clinics are trying to bring down their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    please link to threads WITH pictures of the people he supposedly butchered... or WHATEVER your vague statements are referring to. Its p*ssy to say that and not post examples.

and don't respond with "he had bad results"... I'd like to see the threads with pictures etc.

if you're going to slander somebody, such as calling them untrustworthy because of a colorful past, then please post concrete examples....
    I never said he was a butcher. He certainly is not; that much is very clear. About a decade ago he said he had it cracked (regeneration) but the shallow lateral depth method didn't work out. I know there was little to no regen for most. I guess someone had to be the guinea pig but he promised the world and didn't deliver.

Guys this time last year I was asking for Gho to be looked into because I thought it was very promising. I even emailed one of the top docs re the physiology of the method but got no reply. No surprises there. I'm only playing devil's advocate to get these questions answered. We need to know for sure. I appreciate the photos but how can you tell if it's working or not. You actually need hair counts in an area before and after which in practice isn't practical needless to say.

What I am saying if you guys can follow this is, is that to date, we have no conclusive proof from photos alone. I also mentioned the Dr. Feriduni retraction this time last year so as I've said numerous times, it appears that the technique is actually based on a legitmate physiological phenomemon.

I just don't understand how some of you guys can say "yeah the pics look good it's legit." I want something a little more comprehensive than that.

C'mon guys it's healthy to ask questions here. I'm only trying to get to the bottom of this. You guys should also be pushing for someone to investigate this and maybe adopt the method if it turns out to be far superior. I thought that was the idea of the thread.

Maybe Spencer can get in contact with Dr. Feriduni about this thing too. He seems like a standup guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Maybe Spencer can get in contact with Dr. Feriduni about this thing too. He seems like a standup guy.
    THIS IS A GREAT IDEA

in other news, my gho appointment is near... just a few more months of being bald....

as far as comprehensive.... I think multiple celebs, GCs pics of obvious regrowth, and multiple peer reviewed journal articles highlighting the evolution of his research... are pretty "comprehensive".... i know an analysis done on a forum is not ideal, but did you not find ironman's analysis of GCs photos compelling?

I can’t see how a group of doctors could sue Dr. Gho for anything, are you sure it wasn't the other way around? I can see Gho suing them if they sent out a press release refuting his claims of hair multiplication or contacted any state agencies to complain about him.

This appears to be a retraction letter that might have been part of a legal settlement agreement. The language is complete legal speak. “ I deeply regret the content of our press release and realize that this inflicts great financial damage and loss of reputation on the HAIR SCIENCE INSTITUTE and I take back the content of that press release because the content is simply misleading.”

This was written by a lawyer. I bet there are several more letters from the other people who were involved in sending out that press release that say the EXACT same thing. They probably did not want to spend any money defending themselves in a law suit and figured they would sign a retraction letter just to get out of it. This does not mean that Gho’s procedure does not work, it just does not prove that Feriduni believes that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    dude Dr. Gho is a scam.

He is not the best thing to happen to hair transplants since hair transplants.

actually... wait... uh...

Guys, in 1 week i will have my procedure with Gho. I am really anxious.
    He told me to do 1600 grafts but i want more...Hope he can extract at least 1800 grafts.
    I have a very good Camera, so i will open a thread with my experience and checking for the donor regeneration.
    I am 25 years old, and i plan to book another procedure 9 months later.
    I Will Keep updated

Thanks