+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

If this reverses miniturization for 8 months and you take Propecia, wouldn't it help slow down the hair loss even more? Also, if the effects only last 8 months (as what I keep reading in the blog), couldn't you just go again and again every 8 months to a year and still have the benefits?

Thanks
    Destin

So if it works for a person, all you would have to do is go in for treatments every 6 months or so. Sounds better then Propecia if it works for you.

Thank you for answering our questions Dr. Greco and thanks' to Spencer Kobren and the moderators of this site for providing this great service to all of us. This forum rocks!

I’m also very excited about this treatment since it is not a drug and it comes from our own bodies. Who cares if you have to go in a couple of times a year to get your head pricked and injected, I would go every week if I could keep my hair!

Question

Will there be some specific protocol that all clinics must follow to ensure that the plasma is the right concentration and how would you know if you are receiving the correct concentration in the first place before you pay your money?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Will there be some specific protocol that all clinics must follow to ensure that the plasma is the right concentration and how would you know if you are receiving the correct concentration in the first place before you pay your money?
    Winston that is a great question. It is difficult because depending on the processing equipment and the way that it is processed platelet counts will vary. Also, depending on the amount of PRP that is processed concentrations can vary. However most processing equipment will achieve four time baseline platelet count or over 1 million platelet per microleter, which is considered the theraputic range established by Dr Robert Marks (University of Miami).

We are fortunate in that my partner, Robert Brandt, is one of the pioneers in PRP therapy so he has produced a standardized training protocol that if followed will yield consistent platelet ranges.

Question Will PNP Therapy Help Scarred HT Patients?

Dear Dr Greco: First off congratulations on your work with P.N.P. Therapy. I believe that your efforts are to be commended. My question is Will this type of treatment help those who have been scarred in the donor areas (Strip method) of Previous hair transplants? Also will it help in cases of Scalp Reduction scars? Thanks and again congratulations in your progress of this type of treatment. Sincerely : David.

To anyone that's saying the prp is bad. Ya know not everything works on everyone and its good that people are experimenting with treatments. I went and got it done in febuary out in clearwater fl and yes I am dissapointed in the fact that its made my hair fall out twice as fast and it did nothing but there may be other issues on hand I dunno. Id like to have a private convo with dr. Greco though just to see what options there are so if you can email me dr. Greco my email is nathenailk0424@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by losinghope79 View Post
    To anyone that's saying the prp is bad. Ya know not everything works on everyone and its good that people are experimenting with treatments. I went and got it done in febuary out in clearwater fl and yes I am dissapointed in the fact that its made my hair fall out twice as fast and it did nothing but there may be other issues on hand I dunno. Id like to have a private convo with dr. Greco though just to see what options there are so if you can email me dr. Greco my email is nathenailk0424@gmail.com
    Losinghope I did respond and would be happy to do so. I have to say that this scenario is the exception and there may be other underlying causes. Best, JG

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Thank you for answering our questions Dr. Greco and thanks' to Spencer Kobren and the moderators of this site for providing this great service to all of us. This forum rocks!

I’m also very excited about this treatment since it is not a drug and it comes from our own bodies. Who cares if you have to go in a couple of times a year to get your head pricked and injected, I would go every week if I could keep my hair!
    I would like to thank them as well for the answers!! It really helped my hair!

Default Any update?

I take a look at the comments and I think that PRP Therapy is quite effective and being studied for years. What are the price ranges of this treatment? Are there side effects after the treatment? Please enlighten me.

All the best!
    Joana