+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    stop advertising this crap!! Your fake testimonies won't make your product any better. If anything, you're making acell look worse!
    I have to add that I am wary of these claims too; there is no photographic evidence of PRP working on the Internet, for example.

Id be more then happy to post photos of my progress afterwards

Although I haven't seen any real evidence that PRP works in terms of hair regrowth, I do believe that the science behind it is pretty solid. I've seen some studies where VEGF and PDGF are integral in hair growth. And I'm glad he is trying something new and non-invasive to try to regrow hair. After all, most doctors aren't doing anything except for surgically moving hair from one part of the head to the other. Question for Dr. Greco: I've seen articles that suggest that adipocyte stem cells or bone marrow stem cells can create new hair regrowth when relocated to the bald areas of a person's scalp. Would you consider performing such a treatment and maybe combine that with the PRP?

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Although I haven't seen any real evidence that PRP works in terms of hair regrowth, I do believe that the science behind it is pretty solid. I've seen some studies where VEGF and PDGF are integral in hair growth. And I'm glad he is trying something new and non-invasive to try to regrow hair. After all, most doctors aren't doing anything except for surgically moving hair from one part of the head to the other. Question for Dr. Greco: I've seen articles that suggest that adipocyte stem cells or bone marrow stem cells can create new hair regrowth when relocated to the bald areas of a person's scalp. Would you consider performing such a treatment and maybe combine that with the PRP?
    Great question!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Dear Dr. Greco,

First of all I will introduce myself. I'm from Italy and I've been balding since my teens. I was given the standard meds, Rogaine and Propecia.
    I had to stop Rogaine for irritation purposes, carrying on with propecia ever since.
    I am approaching 30 and despite propecia slowing down the hair loss, I have noticed a sudden spike in shedding in the last 18 months.

I have reached a stage where I believe propecia is starting to lose effect on me, and I have noticed some visible physical changes attributed to prolonged propecia use. These physical changes include increased adipose tissue formation in areas generally predisposed to women and minimal gynecomastia.

my question is as follows:

I have heard differing methodologies regarding your PRP procedure here in Italy. Some who don't use the micro needling roller for dermabrasion, and others who do.

The ones who don't tend to say it's pointless and that you obtain the same effects without the need of using a micro needling roller. Is that true?

I'm in Milan, and as far as I know the only doctor performing PRP therapy following your guidelines (ie. including dermabrasion) is a dr in Rome.

I read that you have been in Milan for some conventions on the matter. Are there any doctors in Milan that follow your guideline? and if so, could you please gave me contacts?

Another question I would like to ask you is about propecia. I feel like I should stop due to the physical changes I am witnessing. I have been told that one can stop propecia gradually after a couple PRP sessions. How true are these statements?

Thank you for taking time reading my questions.

Regards.

attached are two photo's. The before photo was taken last September before the PRP session with Dr. Greco, the other photo was taken in April of 2012.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo before.jpg

Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	14908   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-4.jpg

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	14909  
    Last edited by MG63; 05-05-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: pictures

I have a couple of questions: The before pic shows your crown under much brighter light depicting lots of light reflecting off the scalp. Why was the after pic taken in low light which shows no reflection of light on the scalp and also why the combover in the after pic that the first pic did not have? Why was that?
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hello - apologies, I do not have time to take multiple photos and deal with lighting and angels. Just took them both with an iPhone and uploaded.

Per the direction the hair is combed, I now can style may hair back because i have new growth. Was not trying comb over. I still have an area that is not filling in completely. At the age of 47, im ok with that.

As long as you are happy, that's what counts!

Hope things continue to improve for you.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Yes - It is not the cure for baldness and the extent of your hair loss will influence the results. I will say that the research on cytokines in relationship to cell rgenerations offers the best hope for hair loss and other aging related problems. Also I like not using topicals because I find the product quality and consistency to be a concern.