+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joseph F. Greco View Post
    There are very few complications with PRP since it is your own cells. However, the "absolute" contra indications, which are quite rare and should be verified with patients medical histories are platelet dysfunction syndrome, critical thrombocytopenia, hypofibrinogenemia, septicemia, sensitivity to bovine thrombin. There are "relative" contraindications such as steroid injections two weeks prior, fever, recent illness, HGB <10g/dl, platelet count <105/ul, active pseudomonas, enterococcus or Klebsiella infections. To put this in perspective, we have not had any patient with hair or ortho biologic treatment present with absolute contraindications or have any complication.
    after PRP, do / should most patients stop using minoxidil and other topicals? Also are there products they should use or avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    after PRP, do / should most patients stop using minoxidil and other topicals? Also are there products they should use or avoid?
    Absolutely not. I would continue to use minoxidil. Especially, minoxidil, because in addition to working on the potassium channels it also increases Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor VEGF, which is how we feel the PRP is working. So anything that increases micro circulation is good.

If patients are on DHT blockers we encourage them to stay on that therapy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joseph F. Greco View Post
    Absolutely not. I would continue to use minoxidil. Especially, minoxidil, because in addition to working on the potassium channels it also increases Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor VEGF, which is how we feel the PRP is working. So anything that increases micro circulation is good.

If patients are on DHT blockers we encourage them to stay on that therapy as well.
    thanks for the fast response.

Default update on prp in california

Dr. Greco,
    In a post last year u said that u were unaware of any doctors using this procedure in California, i was wondering if this is still the case? Also, what,if any, updates have you made to the PRP procedure during the last year?

Default resuming micro-needling after PRP

Dr. Greco -- have one follow-up question. Before my PRP treatment I was micro-needling with a 0.25 mm micro-needle 3x per week and had some good results. Is it safe to resume micro-needling after PRP?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I am curious to hear what Dr. Greco has to say. My first thought is that after a few days I would not think it would cause any harm.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default PRP observations

Greeting,

I had PRP in the crown area approximately 12 weeks ago - below are my observations to date, comments welcomed.

6 weeks - noticed thickening
    10 weeks - slight increase in shedding of small /thin hairs (approximately 1-2" in length) only.

Dear MG63, the biggest trouble when we talk about PRP treatment ( till now) is that we saw really few pictures about results/improvements of people who tryed it.

If you clearly notice an improvement in your crown area ,please, let us see some pictures!

We'll be all really pleasant about!

updates from dr greco would be great....spencer can you help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by mascott23 View Post
    Dr. Greco,
    In a post last year u said that u were unaware of any doctors using this procedure in California, i was wondering if this is still the case? Also, what,if any, updates have you made to the PRP procedure during the last year?
    Sorry for the delay in answering... I have been traveling. Dr Jim Deyarmin in San Diego is offering PRP. We have not had any significant updates regarding what we are doing; however, some physicians such a Dr Fabio Rinaldi in Milan are reporting some nice results with AGA and AA patients. Best,
    JG