+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

also isnt it generally helpful to your health? what would be any downside in taking it daily? Unless it's really expensive, i dont see any problem with something that's gonna make you live longer AND supposedly good for your hair! And add circ too for best results, i mean if there's no loss then where's the harm? Also i read in one forum of a dude that used to eat a garlic clove a day (Full of Res from what i can figure) and he lost the shedding and itching, it only came back when he stopped (probably cause the suppressed effects werent suppressed anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ^ supposedly it's helpful....I still think you should stick with "proven" treatments....
    Yeah, I'm quite open about dabbling in SOME supplements here or there, but not at the expense of fin, no way.

bump

10char

lol not a single post since I took a break for two weeks.... this thread should be booming

anyways, apparently this drug has already finished phase 2 and it was proven to be very effective:

http://www.oxagen.co.uk/crth2-1.htm

^ I wonder if any of those people in those studies noticed any improvement to their hair....

for all those experimenters out there try this internally -> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10457118

its better known as omega 3.
    fatty acids may be the key to hair regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    for all those experimenters out there try this internally -> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10457118

its better known as omega 3.
    fatty acids may be the key to hair regeneration.
    Studies like this dealing with immune response are what I'm putting my money on for the end game cure.

Anyone with a knowledge of this (OC000459) know what it's side effect profile is (if any)?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Anyone with a knowledge of this (OC000459) know what it's side effect profile is (if any)?
    oh that's on the first page on their site:

Its lead drug candidate OC000459 is a once-daily oral CRTH2 antagonist in Phase IIb clinical trials that has demonstrated efficacy in asthma, allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis along with an excellent safety profile.
    even when taken ORALLY at high doses (100mg+/daily), it still was shown to be very safe.

I've actually contacted the company to ask if any of the subjects reported an increase of hair growth... awaiting their reply

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Studies like this dealing with immune response are what I'm putting my money on for the end game cure.
    no not really.
    the immune response is there for a reason, it doesnt just happen to start attacking itslelf. something is provoking it. the end game cure is figuring out what that something is.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    no not really.
    the immune response is there for a reason, it doesnt just happen to start attacking itslelf. something is provoking it. the end game cure is figuring out what that something is.
    Often times, that "something" provoking an immune response is totally innocuous. Think allergies to dust, pet hair, etc. It is an immune overreaction that needs controlled.

I'm not saying that I agree that the immune response is the end game to hairloss treatments; I'm just saying that the immune system itself (and not the cause) is the problem in some cases.