+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Dr. Hasson/ 6570 Grafts/ Two Sessions

This case is a bit more mild than what one usually sees out of our clinic. This patient first came to see us in 2009. He wanted his hairline slightly lowered in the corners and the front of his scalp thickened. 4298 grafts were used in one procedure to accomplish his goals.

Ten months later he came back in and had a second procedure to rebuild his temple points, just slightly lower the hairline a bit, and to thicken the crown. 2272 grafts were used to accomplish his goals.

The result seen is 2.5 years post-op. This case represents just another example of how the lateral slit technique, when performed properly with custom cut flat blades, allows for a large number of grafts to be safely placed in between existing native hairs thus avoiding permanent shock loss.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Nice job as per usual. Pretty big temple points. Don't think I ever had pronounced temple points like this.

How much has this guy got left in the donor do you reckon Joe?

Joe, How old is the patient and is he on meds?

Scorpion,

Yes, his hairline could have been lowered but that means that other areas would have suffered. The question for you is, would a lower hairline give this patient a younger appearance with a very visibly thin crown or would a higher hairline but enough volume for complete coverage and more hair styles give him a younger appearance?

A lower hairline can still be achieved but then we are getting into higher numbers. For every 1mm that a hairline is lowered the patient will need about 150 grafts. For even 1cm of lowering we will need 1500 grafts. For 2cm we will need 3000 grafts, so on an so forth.

In other words, he can go lower his donor reserves would be best left alone till the day that he might need them to thicken the top due to potential future thinning.

FDR,

He has more but not as much as some guys. He's got maybe 2000 left - tops.

Mlao,

Yes, he's on meds and has been I believe since before his first procedure. He is in his early thirties in the 2.5 year post-op photo.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Nice. He should definitely save that remaining strip of 2000 for the crown and back half in general and lateral humps. If he ever wanted to drop the corners a touch he could do 500 into each corner with FUE. Then done forever.

Still can't get over the Spanish 8400 case. Such an excellent hairline for such a big case.

Would it be possible to upload the photos? They dont seem to show.