+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hi im about to start 'the big 3' and wanted some advice

Hi guys, i'm 27 and on friday when i get paid im going to order some propecia and regaine foam and get some of that nizoral shampoo. I also would like some advice of which normal shampoo and conditioner to get?
    I've not suffered a lot of hair loss and i'm not receeding much but i'm just thinning around the crown and on top a bita, when my heads directly under a light (ie in the well lit bathroom mirror) i can notice thinning and my dad noticed it and said i should start treating it all now before it gets any worst. I don't have the massive shedding people mention when they shower or run their hands though their hair and my pillows arent full of hair although about a year ago it was worst than now. My dad is bald as is my uncle and they both were losing it much more than me by my age and in their early 30's were pretty bald on top, they receeded bad at the temples too. Their dad however had a pretty decent head of hair till his last few years and my mums side doesnt have baldness and i do wonder if i inherited my mums hair as my dad was a carrot top and i'm not ginger at all.

I've had a look through the forums to try and answer my questions before posting a new topic but its hard as there is a lot of panic posts and posts about propecia.

I'd like to know the best place to buy fin/propecia for somebody in the UK, should i attack it hard or start gently, best shampoos and conditioner to get, if using wax/hairspray in my hair is a bad idea.

As a blog to how it goes i'll update this as i think its a good thing to do for other people. i have photos i've uploaded, one of how i wear my hair, one showing the thinning on top and one showing my hairline but thats what its always been. My hair was wet in the photos. I hope someone can help, i was panicking about it for a bit but after all the reading i've done i now feel quite calm and optimistic as i'm catching it rather early rather than waiting too long.

Cheers guys!

Lewis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0370.jpg

Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	14670   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg

Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	14671   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0378.jpg

Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	14672  

Hi lewisant,

I do not know where you live but if you are in the U.S. you should not need to order these meds. You should be able to take your script to your local pharmacy to get Propecia (or generic Finasteride) and while you are there you should also be able to pickup Rogaine foam and Nizoral A-D.

If you plan to switch shampoo and conditioner anyways, it would be best to switch to sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. When you start using Rogaine, don't start with twice a day right away, taper up to the twice a day dose. Make sure you only use Nizoral shampoo once or twice a week in place of your regular shampoo and not more often than that. Consider giving the laser comb a try and use it every other day.

Take good quality photos when you start. Then again after six months. Then again after 12 months. This will make it much eaisier for you to be able to tell if you are benefiting from treatment.

I hope the best for you,

Tracy

Ag I'm in the uk but can get with a prescription here too but wondered if there were any cheaper online shops. Thanks for the advice

u might want to get shorter haircut too. it will give u fuller appearance. and, since ur less likely to tease or over-comb shorter hair, it will help u in treatment against hair-loss.

Tracy is there a specific reason you suggest that you taper up to the full 2 time dosage of minox. The reason I ask is that you'd want to minimize he possible TE which would cause a sudden shedding? Just asking cause I'm about to start minox and fin, and I'd like your insights on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi12 View Post
    Tracy is there a specific reason you suggest that you taper up to the full 2 time dosage of minox.
    The hope here is to try to minimize the freak out factor of the "dread shed".

Also, I think it's important to note that if you start noticing side effects from finasteride, DO NOT just hop off of it. Or at least that is what most people seem to feel. It probably won't apply to you, as the majority people use that drug mostly or totally side effect free, but just make a mental note on the off chance you need it: you don't quit hormone altering drugs cold turkey.

hey y'all. ive been using minox 5% for about 2 weeks now and generic propecia for one week and its weird to say but my hair already feels healthier and i think the minox foam gives it some sort of boost once i apply it. No side affects yet thankfully but its not been long really. definitely not affecting my libido! haha. i used a site called gbpills.co.uk i hope its not a dud. It just does generic versions of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Also, I think it's important to note that if you start noticing side effects from finasteride, DO NOT just hop off of it. Or at least that is what most people seem to feel. It probably won't apply to you, as the majority people use that drug mostly or totally side effect free, but just make a mental note on the off chance you need it: you don't quit hormone altering drugs cold turkey.
    I'd say it in other way. If you're starting taking Propecia please do it knowing that side effects are real and there's a possibility. I'm not saying don't take it, just be informed.

Good stuff - Stick with it and dont fixate too much on it - Just go about your day and try park your hair.

It will take several months to see real benefits and dont let people try put the "fear" in you regarding sides.

Ive been on meds 15 years, no sides at all - But then i wasnt waiting for them
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.