+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Fitnessman you wrote “ I think it’s cheaper”

How long have you been researching ht in particular fue? Do you know the difference between the hand punch, mechanized devices and robotic systems? Are you familiar with the different size punches used for this procedure? Just trying to get an idea of how much research you have performed.
    maybe cheaper was the wrong word...lets try ... not as expensive as hand punch

i think from what i read before in this thread is the robot is 1mm and the other hand devices are .8mm - do you think from 10 feet away you can tell well that person was done by the robot, etc? i am just asking .. i have no idea myself.

honestly, from what i gather most people who are not balding dont even look at or pay attention to another guys hair. i know i didnt when i was NOT balding. but not that I am...thats the first thing i look at is a guys hair .. balding or not balding...daym I wish I had his hairline line...i want a mohawk too and be cool...sign me up for spikey hair.

Wow ! They gave you an IV ? Why?
    I hope all goes well and you'll be happy with the results.

Just curious, how does this work? Does the robot make the punches and put the grafts in or what?

You haven't said if it's cheaper than traditional (by hand) grafts.

Fitnessman I was just trying to determine how much you know about the procedure and how long you have been researching. My questions were answered, thank you.

Wish you the best in your outcome. Would be nice to see the donor area after it’s all been healed but most are not going to shave that area down a second time to take pictures which I also understand.

The only issue with the punch size is that the 1mm is about 50% larger in surface area when compared to the .8 which does tend to increase the risk of white dotting in the donor area. For some this is not a problem as they grow their hair long enough to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Wow ! They gave you an IV ? Why?
    I hope all goes well and you'll be happy with the results.

Just curious, how does this work? Does the robot make the punches and put the grafts in or what?

You haven't said if it's cheaper than traditional (by hand) grafts.
    they put the IV tube in me...then before we started they injected a needle of something in it...next thing i know i was waking up and head was all punched up. they did this this twice as i woke up the first time. my pants were still on and my organs werent harvested so i can complain

when i awoke the second time i was facing the screen on the computer and could actually see the whole process. I guess they puts something down on your head to mark off a square so the robot knows not to go outside of the boundaries. then they highlight the area grey, they can change the area smaller or bigger. it was so magnified that even me a few feet away could identify 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's - they click on a hair follicle which places a green first on it and the hand punches down the extracts the hair follicle. after it was done more green dots come up and i think the machine was saying these are some good other possible candidates, the tech either clicked a green or made there own green dot.

i am not sure what happens after it is grabbed, it is stored some place by the computer.

dr. harris and his team put in the graphs. this part i dont think technology is there yet. due to the positioning of the graph and this process seems alot more intense. whatever the robot did this process seemed like it took 3x as long.

Fitnessman I was just trying to determine how much you know about the procedure and how long you have been researching. My questions were answered, thank you.

Wish you the best in your outcome. Would be nice to see the donor area after it’s all been healed but most are not going to shave that area down a second time to take pictures which I also understand.

The only issue with the punch size is that the 1mm is about 50% larger in surface area when compared to the .8 which does tend to increase the risk of white dotting in the donor area. For some this is not a problem as they grow their hair long enough to cover it.
    here is a picture of me this last saturday 4-21. can you tell where the robot test procedure was done? my hair is shaved in the back on #1 setting but the clipper maxed out all the way the night before.

i am pretty sure 110% of the people there couldnt tell you i had a test procedure done with the robot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	me.jpg

Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	14770  

And I dont take propecia or rogaine...but when the hair is nice and ready..I will use rogain religously

Fitnessman your research seems to be rather limited and your attitude very casual just an observation and not meant as an insult. I would like to know if punch sizes were explained to you and why sometimes they do in fact matter? Would you also please tell us your age?

Fitnessman your research seems to be rather limited and your attitude very casual just an observation and not meant as an insult. I would like to know if punch sizes were explained to you and why sometimes they do in fact matter? Would you also please tell us your age?
    i am 37.

i am happy to get it over it and want 3 months to pass

no punch sizes were not explained. but there was a thread on here about people bickering back and forth...i think people thought 1.1 was used but 1.0 was used.

ok..here are some pics from the donor area i just removed the bandages about 5 minutes ago.
    If i had said I got a HT from IAHRS XX via FUT...after seeing the results would you or anyone would of questioned and been like...no you got that done by the robot you cant fool us?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20120425_155604.jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	14771   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120425_155804.jpg

Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	14772   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120425_155859.jpg

Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	14773  

this is close to something like what i was looking for.. Dr Lindsay I think does incredible work (my opinion) and this guys donor site looks like mine and the doc actually use 1.0 AND 1.1 punch sizes.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6659

topcat...I am searching the result forum and looking for people who had FUT and about 2k grafts for comparisons in donor sites...if you see any others please link them here.

Thank you, I would have guessed you to be much younger. Best wishes on the outcome.