+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It’s all about supply and demand. No company wants to price themselves out of the box, but when it comes to a cure for hair loss I doubt that Replicel is too concerned about that. It will probably be the cost of a good hair transplant or a decent used car, between 10-20k. I am sure everyone who really wants it will find a way to finance it, even if they have to sell their cars,ride the bus and live in a studio apartment for a couple of years and work three jobs to save the money.

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    Ok, lets say (fingers crossed) that all goes to plan and replicel hit the jackpot, produce the best possible results in all their trials and get a treatment FDA approved...is this even going to be affordable?

I mean i know that to some people hair transplants are not a financial option but I would say they aren't too bad as most people can put the money together if they really want to get one. Now bearing in mind this is a lot more complex then a transplant, medically speaking. My questio is that with stem cell treatments being relatively knew, what sort of price can/will they charge? the sceptic in me says that it might actually cost them a lot to perform a treatment, let alone make a good margin on it?

Please dont get me wrong, im trying to keep positive and hope that any next level treatment will be affordable but I am concerned that these companies getting the science right is only half the battle? does anyone know what sort of price to expect with this kind of treatment?
    Don't worry about price, I will pay your treatment if it ever works. Which from the looks of it, it doesn't seem it will :'(.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Don't worry about price, I will pay your treatment if it ever works. Which from the looks of it, it doesn't seem it will :'(.

Yeah. I think most people are ahead of themselves. A lot of people are talking as if something is really on the horizon, which I don't think is the case. I'm not worried about the price. I don't care if I live on the street in a cardboard box and pay every penny I make to pay for the treatment -IF IT EVER COMES OUT. I, like many other realistic people just don't see a treatment coming out any time soon. I'm preparing myself for the disappointment from Replicel. Will probably be the usual "in the next 5-10 years".

We can only guess about price.

It may not even work.

If it does work....how well it works will impact on price.

I'd prefer it if it was less than £5000 and £10000 max! This is more realistic in terms of the general population being able to afford it.

Whatever happens as long as its not over £25000 then I can afford it

So get saving, you still have at least 2 years worth of saving (if it works).

Chances are it won't work....10 days to go....

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    We can only guess about price.

It may not even work.

If it does work....how well it works will impact on price.

I'd prefer it if it was less than £5000 and £10000 max! This is more realistic in terms of the general population being able to afford it.

Whatever happens as long as its not over £25000 then I can afford it

So get saving, you still have at least 2 years worth of saving (if it works).

Chances are it won't work....10 days to go....
    Is there a specific day we should expect the "big news" or it's just the end of April.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Is there a specific day we should expect the "big news" or it's just the end of April.
    some news article said that Replicel will release their results in 20 days.... that article was posted on the 4th, so... April 24!

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    No idea. I expect to hear something by next sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    will replicels treatment even be affordable
    David Hall has stated multiple times that the cost of their treatment would be competitive with hair transplant surgery. It does not make sense for any company that offers a better treatment to make the price of that treatment cost prohibitive.

As for myself, I am just hoping I can find a job and get back to work by the time Replicel's treatment is available anywhere - because I will make a trip to wherever I need to go to get their treatment. If I had not lost my job in January, I would be buying as much stock in Replicel as I can afford.

The credit card idea is not too too terrible. Bad interest, yeah, but I'd rather have hair and a bill then a clean credit record and no hair. It's good to hear that clinics offering credit is not unheard of. Hopefully Replicel (assuming it works) will be able to offer financing.

But I agree with most people, the money is not an issue. IF Replicel works, the money will come one way or another.

I'm gonna watch the news for the inevitable string of bank robberies after the announcement that it works perfectly.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default Tracy speaks with COMMONSENSE

Thanks for posting Tracy-

"David Hall has stated multiple times that the cost of their treatment would be competitive with hair transplant surgery. It does not make sense for any company that offers a better treatment to make the price of that treatment cost prohibitive."