How do you get a girlfriend with hairloss... - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy How do you get a girlfriend with hairloss...

So, im in college and it is pretty much impossible to open up to any girls because of hairloss. The only thing a kid with hairloss can due is get one night stands because luckily you will go out with a hat on, bring the girl back to your room and make sure it is very dark so she dosen't see my hair loss. So thats it, us young balding college kids can only get some lucky one night stands and never get a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    So, im in college and it is pretty much impossible to open up to any girls because of hairloss. The only thing a kid with hairloss can due is get one night stands because luckily you will go out with a hat on, bring the girl back to your room and make sure it is very dark so she dosen't see my hair loss. So thats it, us young balding college kids can only get some lucky one night stands and never get a girlfriend.
    Its simply about dealing with it. And to be honest I have never dealt with it.

I have always thought how the eff is any girl going to be interested in me with my balding head and still think that now yet I know that I could and should have had more girls/relationships if I did not think like that.

Plenty of fellow balding ppl my age have got on with it and they have got gf's fine.

If you can overcome your worries and meet girls and ask them out then I am sure you will get somewhere. If like me you don't even bother then thats when you are screwed.

Inactive

Hit the gym and hit it hard.

I know this sounds like a f***ed out cliche, but I really think it has more to do with confidence than with hair. When I was younger, I knew guys who were losing their hair, were obsessed about it, and who basically let themselves go and those guys rarely had dates. I knew other guys who were thinning but at least acted like they didn't give a damn, stayed really fit, went out a lot, etc, and those dudes seemed to have no disadvantage over those of us lucky enough to have a full head of hair.

The good thing about being a guy is that we can affect our "number." Women are judged primarily on their appearance alone and there is little they can do to change it, not to mention that it always erodes with time. Men's numbers are based upon appearance (less and less as you get older, btw), intellect, position, income, confidence, etc. So while nobody can deny that hair loss sucks and is a detriment, you can still control your own destiny by staying in shape, getting a good job, putting some money away, and just being a badass in general.

funny that article mentions Klum and Seal - they just got divorced in the last month.

Lots of bald men get girlfriends/wives/etc. Just accentuate your better physical/personality traits and your hair won't matter much at all. Sure, there are some picky women who aren't into bald men, but there are just as many who don't give a damn (and even a few others who actually go apeshit over bald men). Look for those women. If they don't like you because you're bald, they're not the kind you'll want in the long run anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post
    (and even a few others who actually go apeshit over bald men).
    The biggest confidence booster I've had in a while was recently seeing "sex bald guy" in the Google Search history of a female friend of mine. It was near a few other sexual entries, most unrelated to our plight and too indecent to name anyway. She had kind of hinted that she was into the shaved head look before, but I'd always assumed it was just to make me feel better or something.

The Google Search doesn't lie. Fact: Some women wanna jack off to bald guys.

The truth IS it's not as easy to get girls -especially at a young age- if you're losing your hair. It is possible if : You have confidence the size of a mountain, have a nice muscular body that will divert attention away from your head (hair), have a nice head shape that allows you to shave it off and not look like a freak. Or, most importantly, if you're a handsome man, or if you find a woman who's into shaved heads, or you find a woman who's lacking in the looks department.

Also, we have to remember that not all hair loss is the same. Some men have really extensive balding area that makes them look nerdy and very unattractive while others have smaller balding areas and slower hair loss process which gives them time to find women. I don't know why but some men have more acceptable looks with bald heads while others look hideous.

I can't say I've ever seen a younger man with NW7 with a 20 something hot blonde.

Just wanted to say, I have a LOT of female friends, and 2 of them recently told me they actually like a man with a receded hairline.

Keep the faith! Women definitely don't like low confidence, so try to maintain that as best you can.