+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I am bald but I don't look like an ugly freak and many bald men look good. Just because you look like an ugly freak bald does not mean every man is like this.
    True story. That's the biggest problem on this website: handful of shitty, ugly people that either 1.) project their negativity onto others, or 2.) give poor or misleading advise because they are NW4+'s. This why I make an active effort to stay up-to-date on this site helping newbies, like I needed when I first joined.

But its also bringing a sense of realism. I mean I definitely got really depressed about it, but people like yourself, Clandestine, Breakingbald and Kayman helped.

People wanna keep their hair and I really do too, just working with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    But its also bringing a sense of realism. I mean I definitely got really depressed about it, but people like yourself, Clandestine, Breakingbald and Kayman helped.

People wanna keep their hair and I really do too, just working with what we have.
    Yeah, I guess, but pessimism and realism aren't synonymous - there's some overlap though, I suppose. It's one thing to be objective and not sugar-coat shit for others, and it's another to insinuate there is no life after NW3 or to convolute otherwise helpful advise from not-shitty forum members.

There's not a damn thing wrong with wanting to keep your hair. And while I personally wouldn't toppik, toupee, or get a HT, I certainly don't look down on the men who choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yeah, I guess, but pessimism and realism aren't synonymous - there's some overlap though, I suppose. It's one thing to be objective and not sugar-coat shit for others, and it's another to insinuate there is no life after NW3 or to convolute otherwise helpful advise from not-shitty forum members.

There's not a damn thing wrong with wanting to keep your hair. And while I personally wouldn't toppik, toupee, or get a HT, I certainly don't look down on the men who choose to.
    There definitely is a an overlap and I've experienced a change in both in the past week!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I'm just saying you guys should realize how important it is to live with hair and do whatever is in your power to get your hair back. It's not impossible!
    it's almost impossible,hair trasplants are expensive and you must do more than once,so even if you have money what happens if you run out of money in the future,also hair transplants have dangers too,you'll go bald wanted or not unleast you are rich or risk your health

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Paul McCartney is more than twenty years older than Charlie Sheen, and he's been smoking, drinking, and doing drugs much longer than Charlie Sheen, yet he's still got a good head of hair:

Drugs, drinking, and smoking don't necessarily have any correlation to hair loss.
    i'll tell you what,.Being the biggest fan of Paul Maccartney in the forum i can tell you how unfair life is.Paul Maccartney has the bald gene,his father was completely bald!His son is bald and he hasnt reach his 40's yet but Paul had all his life beautiful head of hair.And that is to show you how unfair life is,he has a massive talent and his hair while his son and father were bald and not as talented.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    i'll tell you what,.Being the biggest fan of Paul Maccartney in the forum i can tell you how unfair life is.Paul Maccartney has the bald gene,his father was completely bald!His son is bald and he hasnt reach his 40's yet but Paul had all his life beautiful head of hair.And that is to show you how unfair life is,he has a massive talent and his hair while his son and father were bald and not as talented.
    That's genes, man. Look at the dudes from Pawnstars: grandpa hair, dad bald, son hair.

That's genes, man. Look at the dudes from Pawnstars: grandpa hair, dad bald, son hair.
    haha imagine me seeing my 70 old year dad with full head of hear while me balding

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    haha imagine me seeing my 70 old year dad with full head of hear while me balding
    For me, I was just so rooted in the old wives tale "you get your hair from your maternal grandfather" that I never thought I'd go bald, let alone do research about the actual genetics and symptoms of hair loss.

As you would probably imagine, I was beyond startled when I noticed my hair thinning. This prompted me to see two different doctors, spend $300, worry away ~6 months of my life, and temporarily hindered my zest for life. Took me a while to get most of the way over it and force myself to get into weight lifting, eating right, and going out partying every reasonable opportunity.

For me, I was just so rooted in the old wives tale "you get your hair from your maternal grandfather" that I never thought I'd go bald, let alone do research about the actual genetics and symptoms of hair loss.

As you would probably imagine, I was beyond startled when I noticed my hair thinning. This prompted me to see two different doctors, spend $300, worry away ~6 months of my life, and temporarily hindered my zest for life. Took me a while to get most of the way over it and force myself to get into weight lifting, eating right, and going out partying every reasonable opportunity.
    my maternal grandfather had full head of hair but one of his son was bald the other was not.Imagine that if the bald one didnt exist i would think i'll never end up very bald.Genes are unpredictable.It's good for you that you have found a way to fight it.I'm not into this gym thing,i always liked the boyish look