Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by mpalardy
    Consider, though, that the hair you save or regrow will turn grey eventually. There's no getting around aging.
    Right. And any guy here who is being truthful will tell you they'd rather enjoy hair through their 20's and 30's, and most likely enjoy being a silver fox through their mid-life. So, what exactly is your point? -- if you have one.

Your point is null.
    And I'm often inclined to think that those who are harping on treating their balding now will just have problems with other age-related appearance issues further on down the line
    Maybe? Maybe guys who keep their hair have age-related appearance issues down the life too? Everyone ages and gets wrinkles and greys; not everyone loses their hair (during their 20s/30s). We only live once. I'm inclined to do whatever I can to maximize utility while I'm here. Null point activated.

In short, grow up and man up, fellas. Either focus on bearing your age well (as men have done for aeons)
    Going bald and accepting it doesn't make you a "man". If you think you're some sort of silver-back because you don't take finasteride, then.. well, I really just don't know. Your logic is confusing.

Just because men have been doing it for "aeons", doesn't mean it's the choice route to go in the present. Again, null point on your part.

Don't get me wrong. If I end up going bald, even on treatments, I'll accept it and continue to boost my life otherwise. But to be so naive as to say that hair doesn't matter look-wise is borderline sinful. By all means, don't do anything to retain your hair -- I'm only worried about number 1 (me).

Comment

• mpalardy
      • Jan 2012

"Being old means nothing more than a cheaper bus fare... And in case you didn't notice, most people DON'T respect old people."

"I'm only worried about number 1 (me)." (And you dare to talk about sin.)

I've never said anything about not trying to accomplish anything, but I'll gander that among the many hats I wear I've accomplished more in my life than the both of you combined. And I'm not yet done.

I think I'm done here. This forum is populated by shallow and insecure boys who have a good share to learn from their elders, but are so stuck on themselves that they won't listen. I hope you wind up with equally shallow and frivolous women and in meaningless jobs. But, hey, at least you'll all look like Justin Bieber, right? The lesson will just have to come the hard way, I guess...

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
        • Nov 2011

Look, buddy, I'm in perfect control of my life. Are you equating playing hormonal roulette with finasteride to life control? I have some hair loss, but am rising in my profession, popular among the fair sex, and treated far more estimably by others than I was when I was in my 20s--and I don't need a pill, transplant, or Kojak-cut to do it. We've all got to play the cards we've been dealt to our advantage, so make those signs of maturity and, hopefully, wisdom, work for you. If you think your quality of life will be low unless you have the hairline of a schoolboy, then I'm just going to have to say I pity you.

For all your talk about looking young, it seems like you're the one in denial here, Highlander--denial of the fact that we age. Why would you want to look decades younger than you actually are? Why, when your peers are receiving the laurels of age and respect, would you still want to look like a metrosexual teenager? This sort of thought that we should be young forever boggles me...
        As someone who has gone through cosmetic surgery/some may say - reconstructive.

This shit is not about impressing others. It is about looking in the mirror and liking the way 'you' look. Which tbh is a huge component when it comes to loving yourself.

Hairloss is a defect and not a natural ageing process, because you have many men who retain a lot of hair till the day they die. The ones that do lose their hair are carrying the defective balding gene.

For example the pope who just stepped down.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
          This shit is not about impressing others. It is about looking in the mirror and liking the way 'you' look. Which tbh is a huge component when it comes to loving yourself.
          Agree.

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
          Hairloss is a defect and not a natural ageing process, because you have many men who retain a lot of hair till the day they die.
          Wrong. Experienced by the majority of the male population; natural ageing process, like it or not.

Anyway, I'm mostly in agreeance with BigThinker and Highlander (less so) in this thread. ***** hair loss when you're young, that's the issue. In _this_ way is it a defect, as it is _abnormal_ to lose hair at a young age. Face being ostracized by peers, etc, etc.

Comment

• BigThinker
            • Oct 2012

Hair > Bald.

That's all it comes down to. If it helps you sleep at night to say that real men go bald, then do that.

I'm absolutely certain that most all women prefer a man with hair, when he's in his 20's or 30's. I'm not saying going bald means you're destined to a miserable existence. But, if hair didn't matter, this website wouldn't exist, there would be no treatments for it, and hair transplant surgeons wouldn't exist.

In this day in age, hair matters. I want my hair, and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it (except HT).

Again, I don't mean to attack you and I apologize if I'm using a nasty tone, but there's no way you can actually believe hair doesn't matter.

Comment

• Aames
              Inactive
              • Nov 2012

"Being old means nothing more than a cheaper bus fare... And in case you didn't notice, most people DON'T respect old people."

"I'm only worried about number 1 (me)." (And you dare to talk about sin.)

I've never said anything about not trying to accomplish anything, but I'll gander that among the many hats I wear I've accomplished more in my life than the both of you combined. And I'm not yet done.

I think I'm done here. This forum is populated by shallow and insecure boys who have a good share to learn from their elders, but are so stuck on themselves that they won't listen. I hope you wind up with equally shallow and frivolous women and in meaningless jobs. But, hey, at least you'll all look like Justin Bieber, right? The lesson will just have to come the hard way, I guess...
              Are you serious? How can you chastise people for wanting to better themselves and enjoy their lives? What makes you think that your "accomplishments" and career hold any more weight than your looks? In any event, why do you deem that the two are mutually exclusive? Why can't I look my best and pursue a career simultaneously? Your logic is incredibly flawed and based upon very stupid ideals of morality and nobleness. You're going to die and you will likely be forgotten by the world in a century or two. Your accomplishments mean nothing; you might as well make an attempt to enjoy it. But go on; keep being a hypocritical, pseudo-intellectual, "honorable" guy pretending that he's doing the "right" thing. I'm sure that your NW7 head, slightly-above average job, and faulty logic will both keep you happy and keep the "fairer-sex" (lol, and you're emasculated which makes this even funnier) interested.

I hate to cut into you like this; I really do. I do not like being mean to people but, wow, do I get frustrated by people like you. I think you need a spiritual awakening both as a man and as an individual. Just remember that I love you and hope you find happiness, even if we are bound by fate to disagree and be enemies for all eternity.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

Yeah about the "grow up, deal with it because men have been doing it for aeons", I mean men women & children have been dying from some pretty violent and aggressive forms of disease for "aeons" it doesnt mean we shouldnt care or try and prevent it from happening when it occurs now.

I still find it hard to wrap my head around the 'permanent' sides, for a side effect to be permanent, you'd have to literally alter some part of your DNA - because cells die & get replaced every second - I dont see how a .5mg drug can honestly do that?

Comment

• Aames
                  Inactive
                  • Nov 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                  Yeah about the "grow up, deal with it because men have been doing it for aeons", I mean men women & children have been dying from some pretty violent and aggressive forms of disease for "aeons" it doesnt mean we shouldnt care or try and prevent it from happening when it occurs now.

I still find it hard to wrap my head around the 'permanent' sides, for a side effect to be permanent, you'd have to literally alter some part of your DNA - because cells die & get replaced every second - I dont see how a .5mg drug can honestly do that?
                  Wow. Do you try to push your anti-fin agenda in every single thread you post in? Even when the topic has no direct relation to fin? Astonishing. I forget; are you one of the ones that actually has permanent sides? You all start to sound the same and I have a very hard time keeping track.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                    Agree.

Wrong. Experienced by the majority of the male population; natural ageing process, like it or not.

Anyway, I'm mostly in agreeance with BigThinker and Highlander (less so) in this thread. ***** hair loss when you're young, that's the issue. In _this_ way is it a defect, as it is _abnormal_ to lose hair at a young age. Face being ostracized by peers, etc, etc.
                    I can name you at least 10 men, who have very little hairloss.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Aames
                      Wow. Do you try to push your anti-fin agenda in every single thread you post in? Even when the topic has no direct relation to fin? Astonishing. I forget; are you one of the ones that actually has permanent sides? You all start to sound the same and I have a very hard time keeping track.
                      Like I said in my previous post, I cant get my head around the 'permanent sides', for example, there are individuals on propeciahelp.com who have suffered post finasteride syndrome but recovered years later.

Some take 3 - 5 years, one guy took 7 years to recover, I dont think these sides are life-long, but for the very small amount of people who get them it just takes years to recover.

Comment

• Woodyy
                        • Apr 2013

I don't understand the "do nothing" approach to hairloss or even the minimalist approach to hairloss treatments, the gut wrenching feeling I had when just on propecia and nizoral, even though proven to be effective for the vast majority, was enough for me to add in dutasteride and topical spironolactone.

I have this approach to everything, I HATE having the knowledge there's something better out there available, in some ways I think it's a good quality but its definitely a defect in regards to some things as well. Just "letting your hair go" is something I don't understand, I don't understand how anyone with a rational mind could be led to this conclusion.

Comment

• Aames
                          Inactive
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                          Like I said in my previous post, I cant get my head around the 'permanent sides', for example, there are individuals on propeciahelp.com who have suffered post finasteride syndrome but recovered years later.

Some take 3 - 5 years, one guy took 7 years to recover, I dont think these sides are life-long, but for the very small amount of people who get them it just takes years to recover.
                          I'm sorry for attacking you. I thought you were one of those "I took one dose and my penis will never work again" types. I actually agree with you. I think persistent sides are real, but things should go back to normal eventually. I just hate to see people acting like they are incredibly prevalent and scaring vulnerable people away from saving their hair.

Comment

• Woodyy
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by UK_

What evidence is there for the mechanisms behind this though?

I'm not questioning its existence, I genuinely don't know.

Comment

• BigThinker
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Woodyy

I have this approach to everything, I HATE having the knowledge there's something better out there available, in some ways I think it's a good quality but its definitely a defect in regards to some things as well. Just "letting your hair go" is something I don't understand, I don't understand how anyone with a rational mind could be led to this conclusion.
                              Ughhhhh. I really should add dut. I'm about ready to place an order to inhouse for more fin and maybe keto anyways -- I really should just pull the trigger on dut.

Just like you said, I feel like I'm depriving myself by delaying it. I just find it hard to believe that fin alone is going to keep me here.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

Ex gf is complimenting my face a lot but doesn't like my hair.

This is the problem with hair loss.

Comment

Working...