+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Nobody said you have to. But for a lot of guys it is the liberating change needed and most just don't realize it - they want
    If you're fine being scrawny and happy with yourself, hey man, more power to you. Live long and prosper.

For the longest time I thought lifting weights was pointless. Now at 33 I wish to god I'd started 10-15 years ago when my Test levels were likely way higher. But then again even 5 years ago I never thought I'd start losing my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I don't like it anyway. I think it is boring, unfulfilling, useless.

I do exactly the opposite of what's advised by the OP. I'm as white as an ass, I don't shave my head, I just buzz it really short and I'm pretty thin. As someone else said, I don't see why you would have to look like an orange chromedomed meathead to look good bald and feel better about your baldness.
    That's absolutely fine too I've always said if you don't enjoy something you wont stick to it. I buzz my hair down short also, You don't have to look like an orange chrome domed "meat head" to feel better about yourself, it's not a look I aspire to, then again I've never seen anyone turn orange from the sun, perhaps its different in Belgium, I personally don't know any orange men either. However I'm not entirely sure being a pale thin bald guy is preferable but what I do know is I get the health benefits that come with weight lifting which makes it far from useless.
    It's just an option that might make some feel better about themselves, it did with me but I also know its not for everyone and if you don't enjoy it there's no point in doing it.

Inactive

I don't like it anyway. I think it is boring, unfulfilling, useless.

I do exactly the opposite of what's advised by the OP. I'm as white as an ass, I don't shave my head, I just buzz it really short and I'm pretty thin. As someone else said, I don't see why you would have to look like an orange chromedomed meathead to look good bald and feel better about your baldness.
    No one is saying that you have to. But there can be no debate; it is pretty much the only way to look good with a shaved head. If you're too lazy to spend a few hours a week at the gym, you'll have to accept the fact that you won't look nearly as good.

Scrawny, that's a way to look at it. I like the way I look, even if I can be considred skinny. I just can't gain weight without putting myself at the edge of throwing up. This is how I am and there's nothing wrong with it. Many surveys showed 9 out of 10 women prefer just normal/skinny looking guys. And I know it pisses off a lot of guys on the bodybuilding forums who are often there to prove something, or to compensate for something (balding, short stature, etc.).

I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, but I don't see a lot of Vin Diesel types with pretty girlfriends here in Belgium.

Scrawny, that's a way to look at it. I like the way I look, even if I can be considred skinny. I just can't gain weight without putting myself at the edge of throwing up. This is how I am and there's nothing wrong with it. Many surveys showed 9 out of 10 women prefer just normal/skinny looking guys. And I know it pisses off a lot of guys on the bodybuilding forums who are often there to prove something, or to compensate for something (balding, short stature, etc.).

I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, but I don't see a lot of Vin Diesel types with pretty girlfriends here in Belgium.
    If you're happy with the way you look then by all means stick with it, that's ultimately what it comes down to. I agree that many women will prefer an athletic toned slim type body over a muscular or overly muscular physique, but then again if you're lifting weights for the chicks you're doing it for the wrong reasons to begin with.
    If you do decide to try put on a little weight in the future but are having trouble due to the large intake of food making you feel uncomfortable, an easy way to get those extra calories is to drink two pints of whole milk a day and eat a handful or two of walnuts, on top of your regular food intake. You'll get an extra 1000 calories a day doing that and its cheap and walnuts are full of beneficial dietary fats and it wont make you feel ill.

I'm not lazy, I am almost in my last year at university. I know what it's like to have to work hard to obtain something, but I'm talking about something worth working for, a master's degree. The last thing I want to become is a stereotype: the stereotypical bald guy who compensates for his baldness by becoming a gym rat.

And I don't think that anyone, anyone who has had a 180° transformation by working has done it healthily. And yes I know bodybuilders who were "scrawny" as you say, before they started working out. They swallowed tons of steroids, SERM, protein boxes to get where they are. Few people are willing to admit that this the reality. You will not go from skinny to huge without compromising your health.

I'm a severely diffused NW5 at the age of 23 and I think I look good with a buzzed head, even if I'm not muscular and my skin tone's is like Snow White's. It has nothing to do with being lazy, it's about being smart and doing something productive of your time.

I'm not lazy, I am almost in my last year at university. I know what it's like to have to work hard to obtain something, but I'm talking about something worth working for, a master's degree. The last thing I want to become is a stereotype: the stereotypical bald guy who compensates for his baldness by becoming a gym rat.
    As I said that's fine, if you're happy as you are then that's great. Nobody is accusing you of being lazy.

And I don't think that anyone, anyone who has had a 180° transformation by working has done it healthily. And yes I know bodybuilders who were "scrawny" as you say, before they started working out. They swallowed tons of steroids, SERM, protein boxes to get where they are. Few people are willing to admit that this the reality. You will not go from skinny to huge without compromising your health.
    This I'm sorry to say isn't true. The correct diet with the appropriate exercises and hard work will always produce results. It is not the reality, I do not use steroids and the friends I go to the gym with do not use steroids and we are all experienced lifters. I put on 17lbs of muscle to date and not a single steroid was used nor shall it be. I'm not sure what it is about a healthy diet and regular exercise you find to be unhealthy. It's easy to say the guys who have worked hard to achieve what they have use steroids, in reality the majority just work hard. I wouldn't even know where to start looking for roids.

I'm a severely diffused NW5 at the age of 23 and I think I look good with a buzzed head, even if I'm not muscular and my skin tone's is like Snow White's. It has nothing to do with being lazy, it's about being smart and doing something productive of your time.
    I find the gym to be very productive, more so than watching tv or playing video games, in fact I'd say maintaining good health through exercise be it weight lifting, football, tennis or any physical activity is one of the most smart and productive things you could possibly be doing. What is more important than your health?

Fred bro you just got schooled.

Still not conviced, I believe you had just the right body to begin with, and that you must be in your 30's too. I went to a GP specialiced in nutrition because I was losing weight so easily and was not far from anorexia. He said I had one of the highest metabolism he had ever seen. I'm fine today as I found a way to keep myself above 73 kg (for 1m 90) without exhausting myself. Some people can't get muscules, no matter how hard they try. A trainer at the gym (Yes, tried, retried, and reretried before) finally told me the truth when I was 19, without drugs, I would see no visible gain.

Well I'll tell you, In find it way, way more fun, productive to play good video games and to watch good tv shows than to going the gym, but that's my opinion. Playing soccer with friend is another story, it's fun, I love it, weight lifting is boring. And as my last bood test, my state of mind (I suffered from clinical depression before) and my general appearance reveal, I'm very healthy but thank you for the advice .

Schooled? He did not present any evidence but an anecdote about himself. Very common thing on hair loss forums.

Still not conviced, I believe you had just the right body to begin with, and that you must be in your 30's too.
    I was 143lb's to begin with, I built myself up to 160bs, my goal is to reach 170 to 175. I was by no means a mesomorph. Yes I am in my early 30's however I see that as no benefit over someone in their late teens or early twenties other than my metabolism has slowed very slightly and I store fat a little easier.

I went to a GP specialiced in nutrition because I was losing weight so easily and was not far from anorexia. He said I had one of the highest metabolism he had ever seen. I'm fine today as I found a way to keep myself above 73 kg (for 1m 90) without exhausting myself. Some people can't get muscules, no matter how hard they try. A trainer at the gym (Yes, tried, retried, and reretried before) finally told me the truth when I was 19, without drugs, I would see no visible gain.
    That's a shame, at least you had a go.

Well I'll tell you, In find it way, way more fun, productive to play good video games and to watch good tv shows than to going the gym, but that's my opinion.
    If you find lifting weights boring then fair enough, but playing video games and watching television is far less productive than the gym, I like playing my xbox as much as the next person but to say its more productive than physical exercise is wrong.

I'm very healthy but thank you for the advice .
    No problem, glad you're in good health.

Schooled? He did not present any evidence but an anecdote about himself. Very common thing on hair loss forums.
    I was drawing on my own experiences from the gym to disprove your sweeping generalization that all lifters do steroids and that going from scrawny to brawny was unhealthy.