+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Fred bro you just got schooled.

Still not conviced, I believe you had just the right body to begin with, and that you must be in your 30's too. I went to a GP specialiced in nutrition because I was losing weight so easily and was not far from anorexia. He said I had one of the highest metabolism he had ever seen. I'm fine today as I found a way to keep myself above 73 kg (for 1m 90) without exhausting myself. Some people can't get muscules, no matter how hard they try. A trainer at the gym (Yes, tried, retried, and reretried before) finally told me the truth when I was 19, without drugs, I would see no visible gain.

Well I'll tell you, In find it way, way more fun, productive to play good video games and to watch good tv shows than to going the gym, but that's my opinion. Playing soccer with friend is another story, it's fun, I love it, weight lifting is boring. And as my last bood test, my state of mind (I suffered from clinical depression before) and my general appearance reveal, I'm very healthy but thank you for the advice .

Schooled? He did not present any evidence but an anecdote about himself. Very common thing on hair loss forums.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Still not conviced, I believe you had just the right body to begin with, and that you must be in your 30's too.
    I was 143lb's to begin with, I built myself up to 160bs, my goal is to reach 170 to 175. I was by no means a mesomorph. Yes I am in my early 30's however I see that as no benefit over someone in their late teens or early twenties other than my metabolism has slowed very slightly and I store fat a little easier.

I went to a GP specialiced in nutrition because I was losing weight so easily and was not far from anorexia. He said I had one of the highest metabolism he had ever seen. I'm fine today as I found a way to keep myself above 73 kg (for 1m 90) without exhausting myself. Some people can't get muscules, no matter how hard they try. A trainer at the gym (Yes, tried, retried, and reretried before) finally told me the truth when I was 19, without drugs, I would see no visible gain.
    That's a shame, at least you had a go.

Well I'll tell you, In find it way, way more fun, productive to play good video games and to watch good tv shows than to going the gym, but that's my opinion.
    If you find lifting weights boring then fair enough, but playing video games and watching television is far less productive than the gym, I like playing my xbox as much as the next person but to say its more productive than physical exercise is wrong.

I'm very healthy but thank you for the advice .
    No problem, glad you're in good health.

Schooled? He did not present any evidence but an anecdote about himself. Very common thing on hair loss forums.
    I was drawing on my own experiences from the gym to disprove your sweeping generalization that all lifters do steroids and that going from scrawny to brawny was unhealthy.

Hyperthyrodism can be controlled with meds, if you actually have that...which by the way is actually diagnosable and can be the direct reason for hair loss.

Starting a weight lifting and gaining program AFTER 30 is actually way tougher then when you're younger for two key reasons: 1) Testosterone and HGH levels are on the downward slope and 2) You are more likely to start down the 'contented' road of life.