+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Ex gf is complimenting my face a lot but doesn't like my hair.

This is the problem with hair loss.
    Tell that trick to keep her negative comments to herself.

Fixed by 35, you really don't have 3 or 4 hours to become healthier? In a 168 hour week? No one said become a "meathead." Fit, healthy, overall happier. I'd recommend it to anyone, bald or not. If less than 2% of your time is too much to part with, you should still find some other strenuous activity to keep you healthy, preferably one that you enjoy.

And anyone that says there's nothing healthy about a tan is tragically uneducated about the health benefits of sun exposure. If you quit being a **** for a second, you could look into it. Though I know your time is too precious for that.

Yeah, cool your jets, man. You act like a discussion about an option is a personal attack on you. You know what you need? Some exercise, a little sun, and a shave.
    Gee, thanks, Mr. Broken Record!

I don't think I'm getting my point across so I'll start again. First of all, let's deal with time. What impact would four hours at the gym have on my quality of life? Well, let's start with the time I already have no control over in a typical 168 hour week:

Sleep: 56 hours
    Work and commuting: 60 hours
    Study: 20 hours
    Meal times inc. prep & washing up: 12 hours
    Getting ready in the morning/going to bed: 5 hours
    Laundry & ironing: 2 hours
    Shopping: 2 hours
    Cleaning: 1 hour

That leaves me with 10 hours per weekfor myself. In other words, 10 hours to define myself with my free time. If I follow the advice above, I will need to spend 2 hours a week shaving my head, an hour a week getting a tan and 4 hours in the gym. That would leave me with 3 hours a week for myself. And you say you can go bald, follow society's idiotic conventions AND have a life? Presumably you would have me give up my study or work fewer hours so I can get some 'looking like Mr. Clean' time.

I advocate an alternative which I will call 'choice.' When you go bald, a lot of people start insisting you follow a lot of their shit rules. It's quite belittling and restricts our freedom to choose. We MUST be a chrome dome. We MUST give up our free time to the gym. We MUST go orange.

But you know what? We don't have to do any of this crap if we don't want to. We can carry on being ourselves instead of desperately trying to please a society which is, at it's core, constructed by vain, selfish and ignorant people. That's why I made my own choice, to refuse to conform, in preference to becoming another muscly orange egg head.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Tell that trick to keep her negative comments to herself.
    Tbh a lot of girls are calling me handsome now. Inc ex.

So I guess my op was success.

Annoys me that my ex doesn't want to be with me

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Gee, thanks, Mr. Broken Record!

I advocate an alternative which I will call 'choice.' When you go bald, a lot of people start insisting you follow a lot of their shit rules. It's quite belittling and restricts our freedom to choose.
    YES to that! While I agree with the staying in shape part, shaving and tanning is not for everyone.

Building muscules (healthily, without steroids or proteins) is not for everyone either, but you would have to be in the shoes of someone who is ectomorph like me to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Building muscules (healthily, without steroids or proteins) is not for everyone either, but you would have to be in the shoes of someone who is ectomorph like me to understand.
    You need protein to build muscle. To try and build muscle without adequate intake of protein is wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    You need protein to build muscle. To try and build muscle without adequate intake of protein is wasted time.
    amen. The whole FDA RDA of ~50g protein per day is nonsense. My breakfast this morning was about 44g.

Without protein? Lets live without water. Breath without oxygen. You first.

Body style as an excuse is one of those sort of default catch-all excuses for people who don't want to actually put the correct effort in. Yes, certain body styles and genetics can simply look at weights and put muscle on (with the right diet) and certain leverages are more favorable (shorter arms will have an easier time at bench for example) but ultimately body style is not a barrier. The barrier is the mentality that believes it is.

I will give you that it takes a lot more for an ectomorph bodystyle to achieve the same bulky look that mesomorph can achieve more easily and ultimately the mesomorph "default" will likely have the better V shape in the long run, but that isn't the point...

Maybe, it's just not worth it I think. Why would you ruin your health to look like a meathead? Anything below that is useless, at least in my country (Belgium) where it rains 250 days a year and you are always covered by clothes.

Maybe, it's just not worth it I think. Why would you ruin your health to look like a meathead? Anything below that is useless, at least in my country (Belgium) where it rains 250 days a year and you are always covered by clothes.
    I think you may be misinformed about body building, its not an unhealthy lifestyle, certainly not when paired with a good cardio routine. I also wouldnt let the weather put me off training either, its more to me than just taking my shirt off in the summer, its about staying active and being / looking healthy. I do it for me, i enjoy it as an activity and i get a buzz seeing my body develop and trying out new routines. Obviously any compliments i get are a welcome bonus and are always well received.

I don't like it anyway. I think it is boring, unfulfilling, useless.

I do exactly the opposite of what's advised by the OP. I'm as white as an ass, I don't shave my head, I just buzz it really short and I'm pretty thin. As someone else said, I don't see why you would have to look like an orange chromedomed meathead to look good bald and feel better about your baldness.