+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Fantastic opening post by Davey Jones, really made me laugh! I'm 19 now, suspect I'll probably be completely bald by the time I'm 25 if I don't do anything. Yeah going bald sucks but Jesus, some people in here need a slap round the face! They act as though going bald is a death sentence! It may decrease your chances of getting some girls, but in turn it may increase your chances of getting others! Plenty of women want a more masculine man who doesn't care about their hair!

I'd definitely agree that having a good body is a necessity to looking good bald. I've been going to the gym since I was 13 but I've got more of an athletic body, if not slightly more muscular.

By all means, do everything you can to keep your hair if it means enough to you. Most people do look better with hair. However, it's completely wrong for people to judge others for choosing to go bald over risking their health and wellbeing with some potentially dangerous medicines.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post by the way, trying to be positive if anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Fantastic opening post by Davey Jones, really made me laugh! I'm 19 now, suspect I'll probably be completely bald by the time I'm 25 if I don't do anything. Yeah going bald sucks but Jesus, some people in here need a slap round the face! They act as though going bald is a death sentence! It may decrease your chances of getting some girls, but in turn it may increase your chances of getting others! Plenty of women want a more masculine man who doesn't care about their hair!

I'd definitely agree that having a good body is a necessity to looking good bald. I've been going to the gym since I was 13 but I've got more of an athletic body, if not slightly more muscular.

By all means, do everything you can to keep your hair if it means enough to you. Most people do look better with hair. However, it's completely wrong for people to judge others for choosing to go bald over risking their health and wellbeing with some potentially dangerous medicines.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post by the way, trying to be positive if anything!
    Well said, sir.

For me, balding was motivation to get fit. I've always worked out, but never took it very seriously until my hair loss began to trouble me. If we have to lose our hair, we might as well boost other facets of our life to "compensate". Best case scenario: fin retains my hair, and I'm still more fit than I was before hair loss. Worst case scenario: still lose my hair, and I'm more fit than I was.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Well said, sir.

For me, balding was motivation to get fit. I've always worked out, but never took it very seriously until my hair loss began to trouble me. If we have to lose our hair, we might as well boost other facets of our life to "compensate". Best case scenario: fin retains my hair, and I'm still more fit than I was before hair loss. Worst case scenario: still lose my hair, and I'm more fit than I was.
    I like the way you think. Going bald isn't that big of a deal breaker. Going bald is inevitable and if it happens, why kill yourself over it? Something that is inevitable to so many people shouldn't be that big of a deal to one person but I guess its all in the mind, the world must revolve around the one (being egotistical mainly).

I know when I think about it happening to myself, its bothersome to some degree but when I see others in that situation, I think nothing of it, like I don't say, "Holy shit, its the end of the world for you dude." It just looks like another guy and I am somewhat convince I'm super critical about appearances to the point where I buy clothes and go get it tailored the same day. If it doesn't fit right, I won't wear it. I even buy 50-100 dollar jackets and spend more on the tailoring than the jacket/coat for that matter. So if that doesn't phase me, I doubt it would for girls or anyone for that matter. (But I still look at people's hair just to see how it goes overall with the way they look.)

bump

10blox

"What doesn't kill us make us stronger"

This bullshit again? Seriously, once I've finished working out for an hour and getting a tan for an hour, what time will I have left for me? It seems like an awful waste of life to give up all my free time to look like a meat head.

My recommendation would be give up on the aesthetics. Certainly, if you're into ****ing about at the gym then by all means carry on, but if you're not then just cut your hair short and carry on doing what YOU want to do.

The worst thing about hair loss is the loss of control and identity and it certainly doesn't help matters much when a prescriptive formula is handed down that gives the victims of hair loss no choice as to how to deal with it. It doesn't matter if you advocate shaving heads (I've never seen a man with a shaved head who I would like to look like. Ever); taking drugs or topicals (expensive and insufficiently effective) or the full meat head emulation. It's important to present choices and not to harp on about any approach being a solution.

I'm certainly well aware of my options, I've been noticeably losing hair for ten years after all. First of all, 'There's Nothing Healthy About a Tan' springs to mind. So that's out. Second of all, the gym is expensive and the opportunity cost of an hour at the gym is an hour of study or leisure time. So that's out too. As for the shaved head, I already resent having to shave my face every day so increasing the surface area, what, four fold? Forget it. And what about drugs? Why would I want to pay all that money for drugs of limited effectiveness when more viable solutions are around the corner?

I'll stick to my own choices (which don't include a combover, but that's fine too, it's an individual choice to make). That means cut short once a month, no gym and certainly no ****ing tan, real or orange!

I dont know about new approaches being just around the corner anymore, not until we hear some solid news from Aderans, it's been over a year since they've given us an official update on their progress, awful really.

Fixed by 35, you really don't have 3 or 4 hours to become healthier? In a 168 hour week? No one said become a "meathead." Fit, healthy, overall happier. I'd recommend it to anyone, bald or not. If less than 2% of your time is too much to part with, you should still find some other strenuous activity to keep you healthy, preferably one that you enjoy.

And anyone that says there's nothing healthy about a tan is tragically uneducated about the health benefits of sun exposure. If you quit being a **** for a second, you could look into it. Though I know your time is too precious for that.

Yeah, cool your jets, man. You act like a discussion about an option is a personal attack on you. You know what you need? Some exercise, a little sun, and a shave.

Certain people can pull off the bald look perfectly. Michael Chiklis was brilliant portraying Vic Mackey in The Shield. Don't know if he could pull it of with hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    And anyone that says there's nothing healthy about a tan is tragically uneducated about the health benefits of sun exposure. If you quit being a **** for a second, you could look into it. Though I know your time is too precious for that.
    Well scientifically and medically its not the tan, its the vitamin D your body creates being exposed to the sun. That's why people living 'in the north' are recommended to take supplemental vitamin D, at least in the winter months.

Vitamin D is also a testosterone booster, hence the reason hair grows faster in the summer.

So to add scare factors to all you freakos who latch onto the stupidest things, stay away from the sun and Vitamin D supplements or you'll go bald (faster)!!