+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 163
  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Finasteride, transplant, whatever... My point is not to defame any specific treatment. Consider, though, that the hair you save or regrow will turn grey eventually. There's no getting around aging.

    And I'm often inclined to think that those who are harping on treating their balding now will just have problems with other age-related appearance issues further on down the line, not seeing how they can be used to their personal or professional benefit. Indeed, I've known women, many of them quite the lookers, who've been less vain.

    In short, grow up and man up, fellas. Either focus on bearing your age well (as men have done for aeons) or learn to sing castrato; it's all equal to me. But if you can't come to a sort of peace with something so paltry as balding, I doubt you'll ever be able to come to peace with much.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalardy View Post
    Either focus on bearing your age well (as men have done for aeons)
    I think most men here are troubled not by balding, but by pre-mature balding (losing hair in ones 20s and 30s). As hard as one may try, it is tough to shake that off.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Classic stage one denial / bargaining.

    1. Grey hairs look AMAZING on men over 40. Have you seen the former German president Christian Wulff? Now imagine him bald... Exactly. It makes him look smart and sophisticated. By the way, if you really are anti-greys there are these things called hair dyes.... SHAKE MY HEAD. SMH. S-M-H.

    2. What if? And what if you don't do anything about your hair and still care about age-related stuff? Your argument is stupid as ****. Firstly, skin ageing is 90% environmental. Anyone who bothers to spend a month or two doing serious research can do a really good of job stopping the effects of ageing with an easy regimen. You are pretending like this is consuming our lives, but it's not. As soon as I get my HT or regrow a juvenile hairline with duta I'll be out of here. When all is said and done I'll be taking one pill a day to stop hairloss, along with apply a few lotions to protect my skin from ageing and getting damaged... along with preventing skin cancer. I hope you enjoy your extra ten-minutes per day and €100 per year that you have on me, because that small investment will make me look decades younger than you.

    Your logic is just so piss poor it hurts my head. Should I stop taking my mutli-vitamins and working out because one day I'll lose my gains and become unfit through old age? Should I do anything because it might not last forever? Why don't we all just give up?

    3. Balding is very traumatising to a lot of people on here simply because it's often premature and drastically altering to one's appearance and style. Anything that dramatically changes one's appearance is likely to cause concern. It's not petty or pathetic, regardless of what you seem to think. Or if I'm wrong maybe you can go and tell that to cancer patients. Or are people who significantly scar their faces being petty too at their sudden change of appearance?

    Finally you're totally ignoring the fact that for my tiny investment I'll be gaining a significantly greater quality of life. I'll be looking younger, attracting more attractive partners, be treated better by society and so forth.

    There are literally no down sides to what I'm doing .. let alone for someone taking FINASTERIDE ALONE. Jesus.

    I'll consider your argument the day a lack of €100 and 10 minutes per day significantly alter my life in a negative way. But until then you'll just be another NW7 justifying why he should be lazy and not take control of his life through a fallacious appeal to some vague notion of what's "natural".
    I agree with all of this.

    Balding is shit, no other way to put it.

    But the trouble is highlander. There is not a lot we can do right now, in terms of cosmetic surgery it is the worse one as it is progressive.

    I can also say on behalf of him, after having extensive surgery on my face. Sometimes mental health can be improved by having the problems tackled head on.

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    True, but if finasteride does work for you then there really is no argument. It's such an incredibly easy, efficient, practical way to stop or significantly slow hair loss.
    A lot of what ifs with propecia.

    Also - we don't know what damage it will do to our bodies in the long term.

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Classic stage one denial / bargaining.

    1. Grey hairs look AMAZING on men over 40. Have you seen the former German president Christian Wulff? Now imagine him bald... Exactly. It makes him look smart and sophisticated. By the way, if you really are anti-greys there are these things called hair dyes.... SHAKE MY HEAD. SMH. S-M-H.

    2. What if? And what if you don't do anything about your hair and still care about age-related stuff? Your argument is stupid as ****. Firstly, skin ageing is 90% environmental. Anyone who bothers to spend a month or two doing serious research can do a really good of job stopping the effects of ageing with an easy regimen. You are pretending like this is consuming our lives, but it's not. As soon as I get my HT or regrow a juvenile hairline with duta I'll be out of here. When all is said and done I'll be taking one pill a day to stop hairloss, along with apply a few lotions to protect my skin from ageing and getting damaged... along with preventing skin cancer. I hope you enjoy your extra ten-minutes per day and €100 per year that you have on me, because that small investment will make me look decades younger than you.

    Your logic is just so piss poor it hurts my head. Should I stop taking my mutli-vitamins and working out because one day I'll lose my gains and become unfit through old age? Should I do anything because it might not last forever? Why don't we all just give up?

    3. Balding is very traumatising to a lot of people on here simply because it's often premature and drastically altering to one's appearance and style. Anything that dramatically changes one's appearance is likely to cause concern. It's not petty or pathetic, regardless of what you seem to think. Or if I'm wrong maybe you can go and tell that to cancer patients. Or are people who significantly scar their faces being petty too at their sudden change of appearance?

    Finally you're totally ignoring the fact that for my tiny investment I'll be gaining a significantly greater quality of life. I'll be looking younger, attracting more attractive partners, be treated better by society and so forth.

    There are literally no down sides to what I'm doing .. let alone for someone taking FINASTERIDE ALONE. Jesus.

    I'll consider your argument the day a lack of €100 and 10 minutes per day significantly alter my life in a negative way. But until then you'll just be another NW7 justifying why he should be lazy and not take control of his life through a fallacious appeal to some vague notion of what's "natural".
    Look, buddy, I'm in perfect control of my life. Are you equating playing hormonal roulette with finasteride to life control? I have some hair loss, but am rising in my profession, popular among the fair sex, and treated far more estimably by others than I was when I was in my 20s--and I don't need a pill, transplant, or Kojak-cut to do it. We've all got to play the cards we've been dealt to our advantage, so make those signs of maturity and, hopefully, wisdom, work for you. If you think your quality of life will be low unless you have the hairline of a schoolboy, then I'm just going to have to say I pity you.

    For all your talk about looking young, it seems like you're the one in denial here, Highlander--denial of the fact that we age. Why would you want to look decades younger than you actually are? Why, when your peers are receiving the laurels of age and respect, would you still want to look like a metrosexual teenager? This sort of thought that we should be young forever boggles me...

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalardy View Post
    Consider, though, that the hair you save or regrow will turn grey eventually. There's no getting around aging.
    Right. And any guy here who is being truthful will tell you they'd rather enjoy hair through their 20's and 30's, and most likely enjoy being a silver fox through their mid-life. So, what exactly is your point? -- if you have one.

    Your point is null.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalardy View Post
    And I'm often inclined to think that those who are harping on treating their balding now will just have problems with other age-related appearance issues further on down the line
    Maybe? Maybe guys who keep their hair have age-related appearance issues down the life too? Everyone ages and gets wrinkles and greys; not everyone loses their hair (during their 20s/30s). We only live once. I'm inclined to do whatever I can to maximize utility while I'm here. Null point activated.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalardy View Post
    In short, grow up and man up, fellas. Either focus on bearing your age well (as men have done for aeons)
    Going bald and accepting it doesn't make you a "man". If you think you're some sort of silver-back because you don't take finasteride, then.. well, I really just don't know. Your logic is confusing.

    Just because men have been doing it for "aeons", doesn't mean it's the choice route to go in the present. Again, null point on your part.

    Don't get me wrong. If I end up going bald, even on treatments, I'll accept it and continue to boost my life otherwise. But to be so naive as to say that hair doesn't matter look-wise is borderline sinful. By all means, don't do anything to retain your hair -- I'm only worried about number 1 (me).

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    "Being old means nothing more than a cheaper bus fare... And in case you didn't notice, most people DON'T respect old people."

    "I'm only worried about number 1 (me)." (And you dare to talk about sin.)

    I've never said anything about not trying to accomplish anything, but I'll gander that among the many hats I wear I've accomplished more in my life than the both of you combined. And I'm not yet done.

    I think I'm done here. This forum is populated by shallow and insecure boys who have a good share to learn from their elders, but are so stuck on themselves that they won't listen. I hope you wind up with equally shallow and frivolous women and in meaningless jobs. But, hey, at least you'll all look like Justin Bieber, right? The lesson will just have to come the hard way, I guess...

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalardy View Post
    Look, buddy, I'm in perfect control of my life. Are you equating playing hormonal roulette with finasteride to life control? I have some hair loss, but am rising in my profession, popular among the fair sex, and treated far more estimably by others than I was when I was in my 20s--and I don't need a pill, transplant, or Kojak-cut to do it. We've all got to play the cards we've been dealt to our advantage, so make those signs of maturity and, hopefully, wisdom, work for you. If you think your quality of life will be low unless you have the hairline of a schoolboy, then I'm just going to have to say I pity you.

    For all your talk about looking young, it seems like you're the one in denial here, Highlander--denial of the fact that we age. Why would you want to look decades younger than you actually are? Why, when your peers are receiving the laurels of age and respect, would you still want to look like a metrosexual teenager? This sort of thought that we should be young forever boggles me...
    As someone who has gone through cosmetic surgery/some may say - reconstructive.

    This shit is not about impressing others. It is about looking in the mirror and liking the way 'you' look. Which tbh is a huge component when it comes to loving yourself.

    Hairloss is a defect and not a natural ageing process, because you have many men who retain a lot of hair till the day they die. The ones that do lose their hair are carrying the defective balding gene.

    For example the pope who just stepped down.

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    This shit is not about impressing others. It is about looking in the mirror and liking the way 'you' look. Which tbh is a huge component when it comes to loving yourself.
    Agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Hairloss is a defect and not a natural ageing process, because you have many men who retain a lot of hair till the day they die.
    Wrong. Experienced by the majority of the male population; natural ageing process, like it or not.

    Anyway, I'm mostly in agreeance with BigThinker and Highlander (less so) in this thread. ****** hair loss when you're young, that's the issue. In _this_ way is it a defect, as it is _abnormal_ to lose hair at a young age. Face being ostracized by peers, etc, etc.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Hair > Bald.

    That's all it comes down to. If it helps you sleep at night to say that real men go bald, then do that.

    I'm absolutely certain that most all women prefer a man with hair, when he's in his 20's or 30's. I'm not saying going bald means you're destined to a miserable existence. But, if hair didn't matter, this website wouldn't exist, there would be no treatments for it, and hair transplant surgeons wouldn't exist.

    In this day in age, hair matters. I want my hair, and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it (except HT).

    Again, I don't mean to attack you and I apologize if I'm using a nasty tone, but there's no way you can actually believe hair doesn't matter.

Similar Threads

  1. Red Head? How long will my head look like a bleeding pin cussion afte my transplant ?
    By Topview in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 05:29 AM
  2. Do I have to shave my head for a hair transplant?
    By M Law in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 08:14 PM
  3. Just started to shave my head
    By nassau in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 12:21 PM
  4. Post-Op, can I shave my head?
    By vwimports in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
  5. Just shave it
    By tdrake in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 08:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

The doctor's plight - Concerned Observer
Today 04:40 AM
Last Post By hairturkey
Today 04:40 AM
Neyo not wearing hats anymore in 2016
09-20-2016 08:43 AM
Last Post By Dfaru94
Today 02:49 AM
shedding lots of hair !!!!! :( :(
Yesterday 08:04 AM
by alam962
Last Post By alam962
Today 12:45 AM
Minoxidil second shed
10-04-2012 09:15 PM
Yesterday 06:16 PM
ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By Ruby
Yesterday 02:10 PM