+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fin shed

Sorry, started nizoral 4 weeks ago. And no i havent got any scalp problems
    As confirmed by my doctor. Anyone heard of scalp dysesthesia? Pretty sure i have that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
    Thanks for drawing my attention to this hyperandrogenetic thing gutted. I am shocked i did not knw about this before and my doctor is even more clueless about it. The one reason i question it is due to many plastic surgeons offering fin with hts. If there was a chance of this why wud they risk prescribing
    It and it under doing there work. I think from tomorrow i will decrease the dosage for a few weeks and see how things pan out. What worries me even more is the lack of people reporting this shed and confirming it was jst a phase and that regrowth has happened. Is there anyone out there who can confirm it from there own experiences? Also gutted what are ure thoughts on the fact i am shedding from the sides and back too. Plus this hyperandrogenetic thing includes oily skin, acne and body hair growth. Of which i have none. Very annoyed that there is so little support out there from doctors as i am
    Now left with very little hair to save where as before it was finr and i eanted to prevent hairloss. Jst thankful at least this forum is out there.

you also stated your on saw palmetto? or was this proir to jumping on fin?

i suspect you tried saw palmetto for a few weeks and then experienced a shed and then after a few more weeks your hair thinned out.

Then you got on fin, because you were thinking the thinning hair was your natrual MPB progession, but as a matter of fact, it was the saw palmetto causing you to thin out.

I think when people go through a fin or saw palmetto shed, after roughly 2/3 weeks on it, its being viewed by the body as overkill, the bodies cells arent recieving enough andorgen stimulation (becuase of the block on dht) so the body upregulates androgen production in the hope of getting more androgens to cells that arent getting enough of them...no this is when the shed kicks in -> this indirectly affects your hair and increases your "natrual" mpb progession which would probably have taken a few years to get to that point, in a mater of a few weeks to months.

the reason why some people get regrowth after riding out the sheds is because in some individuals the androgen levels return to a decent level and the hairs are better able to regenerate. ( some even dont experience a shed!)

some people gain some regrowth in the frontal region, i suspect this may be partly due to higher levels of testosterone to dht that fin has caused.

wonderdog, its possible you are suffering from hyperandrogenicty.

some people will experience acne due to increased oil production etc but if you exfoliate/wash your face daily then it could be one reason why youve not experienced this side.

On the backs and sides do you notice itching in that region? and is it oily?

Also remember theres two types of dandruff/itching
    1 - dandruff due to increased sebum secrition
    2 - dandruff due to dryness. not much sebum secretion.

Why isnt this noted as a side affect more openly, cos i was never told it cud accelerate anything, just it either works or it doesnt. Dont think the saw has anything to do with it, started taking it as an additional supplment a couple og weeks ago bt the shed was already in full swing by then.

My scalp is itchy an irritated all over, plus i am losing hair from sides and back not just on top. Would say its dry and flakey.

I am going to from today reduce it to an 1/8 of a tablet of fin from today as clearly something is not right. Or would you suggest stopping all together?

Why isnt this noted as a side affect more openly, cos i was never told it cud accelerate anything, just it either works or it doesnt. Dont think the saw has anything to do with it, started taking it as an additional supplment a couple og weeks ago bt the shed was already in full swing by then.

My scalp is itchy an irritated all over, plus i am losing hair from sides and back not just on top. Would say its dry and flakey.

I am going to from today reduce it to an 1/8 of a tablet of fin from today as clearly something is not right. Or would you suggest stopping all together?
    i think putting down a side effect which states propecia can actually accelarate hairloss would hamper sales dramatically added with the sexual sides already listed, but again it could be because it only happens to a certain number of individuals.

saw palmetto is definitley involved too!

you did state you used nizoral so that would reduce your itching and sebum levels, masking this problem.

i think the best way is not to drop off cold turkey rather lower the doseage and tamper off it.

your hairline/temple most likley was in the last cycle of terminal growth, i wouldnt expect recovering much terminal growth in that area (possibly small vellus hairs), but the rest of the lost hairs will be replaced, possibly by thiner strands.

propecia and saw palmetto is highley effective at stoppping hairloss at the 2nd week to 3rd week of starting treatment, after that it all goes downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    i think putting down a side effect which states propecia can actually accelarate hairloss would hamper sales dramatically added with the sexual sides already listed, but again it could be because it only happens to a certain number of individuals.

saw palmetto is definitley involved too!

you did state you used nizoral so that would reduce your itching and sebum levels, masking this problem.

i think the best way is not to drop off cold turkey rather lower the doseage and tamper off it.

your hairline/temple most likley was in the last cycle of terminal growth, i wouldnt expect recovering much terminal growth in that area (possibly small vellus hairs), but the rest of the lost hairs will be replaced, possibly by thiner strands.

propecia and saw palmetto is highley effective at stoppping hairloss at the 2nd week to 3rd week of starting treatment, after that it all goes downhill.
    Can anyone actually back this up. Some bold statements here, like after the 3rd week its all down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike93 View Post
    Can anyone actually back this up. Some bold statements here, like after the 3rd week its all down hill.
    of course this is all of my own theory, and from experiences ive had.

It would be good to hear of propecia user experiences beginning from 2nd week to 3rd week on it, ie what they noticed in that time period being on the drug.
    But then again people generally dont take notice.

I had no loss from starting it to probably abt 4 months in. Then noticed change in the bulk of my hair. This didnt continue until 2 months after then the shedding started. Shedding has got particularly bad in the last 6 weeks. Think cold turkey is the best bet as clearly this is having a major effect on the quality of my hair as well.

As i said before from front to bak the hair is weak and is in no way what i had before starting it. What are ure thoughts on losing hair at the back and sides, again the quality is shocking and is not my hair as it was. I do put a lot of this on stress as well as i have been under great stress the past 5 months through work.

Also another point, i am losing a lot of hair from my eyebrows, yesterday noticed 5 fall out, not something that is normal.

As its not actually destroyed the actually hair folicale i believe its effected the thickness, so losing a couple of hairs from each follicle. As im sure we all knw that there are around 4 hairs to each follicle i am hopefully i shud experience sme regrowth stopping the treatment as the hairs that have fallen out, although are not thick healthy hairs are by no means mintaurised hair that u wud expect to fall out when the follicle dyes off.

Should i continue to use minoxidil??

Any input is welcome. But in my opinion i shud hav never gone down this path.

I had no loss from starting it to probably abt 4 months in. Then noticed change in the bulk of my hair. This didnt continue until 2 months after then the shedding started. Shedding has got particularly bad in the last 6 weeks. Think cold turkey is the best bet as clearly this is having a major effect on the quality of my hair as well.

As i said before from front to bak the hair is weak and is in no way what i had before starting it. What are ure thoughts on losing hair at the back and sides, again the quality is shocking and is not my hair as it was. I do put a lot of this on stress as well as i have been under great stress the past 5 months through work.

Also another point, i am losing a lot of hair from my eyebrows, yesterday noticed 5 fall out, not something that is normal.

As its not actually destroyed the actually hair folicale i believe its effected the thickness, so losing a couple of hairs from each follicle. As im sure we all knw that there are around 4 hairs to each follicle i am hopefully i shud experience sme regrowth stopping the treatment as the hairs that have fallen out, although are not thick healthy hairs are by no means mintaurised hair that u wud expect to fall out when the follicle dyes off.

Should i continue to use minoxidil??

Any input is welcome. But in my opinion i shud hav never gone down this path.
    stopping cold turkey, could result in some sides, its been talked about in other threads by users who swear they should have stopped slowly rather than cold turkey but its a decision you have to make.

the loss at the the sides and backs would indicate those areas are being damaged too!

how are things in your sexual department? hyperandrogenicity usually makes you feel like a 16 year old again!

its so fustrating we are all just fumbling in the dark here.
    This is the problem when drug information and trials are done by the companies trying to sell it. of course they are going to downplay anything that will affect sales negatively.
    I definitely believe there is something in what gutted says about the up regulation of receptors causing mpb to advance a "few years in only months". This describes exactly what has hapened to myself and others on here as far as I can see. loss all over including sides and back where previously was thick hair.
    I feel very stupid as I only took fin for the frontal region despite reading that it did not work here. A Merck study (of course) says it does my current dose is 0.5mg per day but I'm afraid to quit now...
    Last edited by alex82; 04-28-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo

Dont most people view the shed that the medicine is working. They say to stick it out and continue with the drug.