+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fin shed

So, for those interested. Still shedding, slowed down
    A bit after taking on an entire new level about 5 days ago. Still very thin and see through hair. If hair that is lost grows bak and takes me bak to where i was before xmas and stabilises i will be very happy. Started taking this drug to prevent getting to this stage cant help bt feel if it doesnt grow bak in then it has only fast tracked it. Will give an update in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
    So, for those interested. Still shedding, slowed down
    A bit after taking on an entire new level about 5 days ago. Still very thin and see through hair. If hair that is lost grows bak and takes me bak to where i was before xmas and stabilises i will be very happy. Started taking this drug to prevent getting to this stage cant help bt feel if it doesnt grow bak in then it has only fast tracked it. Will give an update in a couple of weeks.
    this is one of the biggest misconceptions people who jump on fin succumb to, and its simply untrue!

Hey wonderdog, seems like we are in a simillar situation. I'm at month 7 on fin. Hair has become very thin and dry. Scalp very itchy too. I can see through to scalp at front and have receeded somewhat more. Almost a nw 3 now where I was a 2 before starting. I can't help thinking your right about fin "fast tracking" mpb although I'm trying to be positive. I too would just like to get back to baseline but fear I may not now

you could be in worse shape. people with thinning hair lose them in a hurry in many cases in a span of a year or two. your mpb may simply be overly aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    you could be in worse shape. people with thinning hair lose them in a hurry in many cases in a span of a year or two. your mpb may simply be overly aggressive.
    haha, theres 2 people here who are reporting an accelaration of thier mpb both on fin, and you seem to think they have overly agressive mpb???

have you ever thought about fin causing this? then again i guess not cause its a proven treatment, right.

wonderdog, you may need to calm down on the dosage of fin, you could be suffering from hyperandrogenicity, which is doing much more damage than your normal mpb would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    What is the point of taking fin if it makes your hair fall out and does not grow it back?
    it does make your hair grow back, but the reason thats being supplied as to why its growing hair back is not true...

in some people hyperandrogenicity kicks in, causing more damage than thier supposed "normal" mpb speed...i think this is what may be happening to wonderboy.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this hyperandrogenetic thing gutted. I am shocked i did not knw about this before and my doctor is even more clueless about it. The one reason i question it is due to many plastic surgeons offering fin with hts. If there was a chance of this why wud they risk prescribing
    It and it under doing there work. I think from tomorrow i will decrease the dosage for a few weeks and see how things pan out. What worries me even more is the lack of people reporting this shed and confirming it was jst a phase and that regrowth has happened. Is there anyone out there who can confirm it from there own experiences? Also gutted what are ure thoughts on the fact i am shedding from the sides and back too. Plus this hyperandrogenetic thing includes oily skin, acne and body hair growth. Of which i have none. Very annoyed that there is so little support out there from doctors as i am
    Now left with very little hair to save where as before it was finr and i eanted to prevent hairloss. Jst thankful at least this forum is out there.

Hi Wonderdog,

Are you using any other drugs (of any kind) besides finasteride, ketoconazole and minoxidil?
    When did you start minoxidil and when did you start ketoconzole?
    Do you know for a fact that your pre-finasteride hair loss was due to genetic MPB?
    Has a doctor ever told you you have any scalp conditions (whether or not they were successfully treated/cured)?

Sorry for all the questions, but the answers might be important.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    haha, theres 2 people here who are reporting an accelaration of thier mpb both on fin, and you seem to think they have overly agressive mpb???

have you ever thought about fin causing this? then again i guess not cause its a proven treatment, right.

wonderdog, you may need to calm down on the dosage of fin, you could be suffering from hyperandrogenicity, which is doing much more damage than your normal mpb would have done.
    yes, and keyword being may. couldn't care less what the cause is. lmao. not going stop me from taking finasteride. that's for sure. in fact, i encourage anyone with even slightest bit of concern to NOT take finasteride. don't take it. if you're concerned. do. not. take. fanasteride. don't try to make people convince you. you're a grown bald man. you decide. you make the decision.

25 going on 65- taking nothing else, just some
    Supplements like saw palmetto biotin and b vits. Minoxidil i used before taking fin, then stopped, then started again in december. Bt i never experienced a shed from that before. The doctor confirmed i had thinning in the front part of my hair bak in august and suggested fin to slow down the process. Good hairline and bulk but now fin, i believe, has destroyed that. Now i cant even wear my hair forward as i wud normally do. In fact i hav had to change my hairstyle from 2 weeks ago because it has gotten so fine. My wax wont hold in place and literally falls out. Different to over a month ago. Any suggestions would help. My biggest concern is the patcheness of it all.my left side has got massive gaps in where as my right side is un affected. Bt higher up on my right side i have patchy loss, so on the front right side of the hair. As said previousley i am reducing my dosage from tomorrow.