+ Reply to Thread

Default How Much Money Have You Spent Trying to Get Your Hair Back?

I have tried pretty much everything to get my hair back.

Propecia ( Tried for a year)
    Proscar (Tried for 6 months)
    Procerin (Tried that for 4 months)
    Samson's Secret (Tried for 2 months)
    Shampoos (Used Nizoral and all kinds of different shampoos)
    Vitamins (Tried many of those)
    Laser Comb (Tried for about 6 months)
    Rogaine (really irrated my scalp)

I've probably spent over $3,000 trying to get my hair back. Nothing seemed to want to work for me, so I have finally given up. At least I gave it a try, even though noting worked for me.

yeah at least that.
    ive tried most of the products you listed (been on propecia 4 years)
    nothing works... i'm beginning to think they are all scams.. so fed up
    this sucks so bad i can't go out anymore.. seriously reduced the quality of my life.
    i need to get on anti depressants fast... its like a living nightmare.. all this because of hair .. and its made me poorer too dumb huh?

Yeah, don't even sweat it fellas! We all spend alot of money in valiant efforts to save our hair. And there's nothing wrong with it. The unfortunate part is being knowingly ripped off by the a-hole scam companies. The scam shampoos, the scam potions, the scam pills, the scam remedies, the scam surgeries, etc. In my early days, back in the year 2000, at the early signs of hair loss, I jumped into an 800-graft surgery with a large-chain clinic that happily guided me into their surgical chair. It was the biggest mistake of my life, and the results were POOR. It cost me $7,000 and I probably didn't even need the surgery, but the doctors at the clinic didn't educcate me properly. They didn't recommend or even mention Propecia or Rogaine. They simply guided me into surgery, under their intense, glossy marketing illusion that a simple surgery is the "be all, end all" cure to hair loss. Sometimes I wonder how I could have been so dumb and naive.

Since then, I've spent about 20 grand in total on keeping my hair. And I only regret the first 7 grand at the first clinic I went to, because they took advantage of me and THEY KNOW IT!

Other than that, my experience has been great, with Propecia and the IAHRS. Thank the heavens for Spencer Kobren, Doctor Paul McAndrews, and The Bald Truth!

TeeJay

I know that you are kind of young, but have you asked your doctor about Avodart? Although, its said that Avodart could cause infertility in men....also, did you hear about the new platelet thing that they are working on now. I don't want to see you give up the battle! If worse comes to worst you will go bald and then could get hair transplants. I understand what your going through as I'm only 21 too and dealing with hairloss.

I asked my doctor about Avodart, he said no. I'd be willing to try it though, but the problem is I can't get a prescription for it.

Skeptic1st

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
    I have tried pretty much everything to get my hair back.

Propecia ( Tried for a year)
    Proscar (Tried for 6 months)
    Procerin (Tried that for 4 months)
    Samson's Secret (Tried for 2 months)
    Shampoos (Used Nizoral and all kinds of different shampoos)
    Vitamins (Tried many of those)
    Laser Comb (Tried for about 6 months)
    Rogaine (really irrated my scalp)

I've probably spent over $3,000 trying to get my hair back. Nothing seemed to want to work for me, so I have finally given up. At least I gave it a try, even though noting worked for me.
    Exactly what hair were you trying to get back??
    Judging by your profile photo, it doesnt appear you have much to be concerned over...I would love to have a hairline like yours!

I'm mostly trying to get my hair back in the crown area. My hair is starting to thin on the right side of my head now too. He's some pictures of my hair.

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/index.php?s=jarrod