+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I don't represent any company, but in my experience dermatch was terrible. By itself it does not come close to creating the illusion of thickness that toppik does.
    I do not represent any company either - but I cannot agree with this no matter how hard I try. Hair fibers do work great - but as great as they do work they are no match for how great Dermmatch looks. Dermmatch also holds up better through wind, rain, romance and heavy sweating from a hard workout.

Do they offer Dermmatch or Toppik in BULK yet?

One disk lasts me a pretty long time. They give you the option to buy four disks at a time. This reduces the price per disk significantly. The last time I bought it I took advantage of that. Now it will be a pretty long time before I need to re-order. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    One disk lasts me a pretty long time. They give you the option to buy four disks at a time. This reduces the price per disk significantly. The last time I bought it I took advantage of that. Now it will be a pretty long time before I need to re-order. haha
    Thanks Tracy !!!

Default mess and no mess

Tracy is quite right about dermmatch holding up better through wind, rain, romance and heavy sweating from a hard workout. You have to make an actual concerted effort to remove the stuff with shampoo in the shower. Toppik on the other hand is messy as all hell. It comes off everywhere. Its not as bad when you use a hairspray or spray gel, but "shedding" is an issue.

I do not represent any company either - but I cannot agree with this no matter how hard I try. Hair fibers do work great - but as great as they do work they are no match for how great Dermmatch looks. Dermmatch also holds up better through wind, rain, romance and heavy sweating from a hard workout.

Sometimes romance induces heavy sweating too... Just sayin'

Dermmatch does hold up through it.

Dermmatch is like any other makeup. Practice makes perfect. In the beginning there is a tendency to use much to much of it. Over time and with practice you learn how much is enough and how much is too much.

Sometimes romance induces heavy sweating too... Just sayin'

Dermmatch does hold up through it.

Dermmatch is like any other makeup. Practice makes perfect. In the beginning there is a tendency to use much to much of it. Over time and with practice you learn how much is enough and how much is too much.
    Can I ask you Tracy, what exactly do you do? Just 'paint ' it onto your hair and then comb it when dry?

How much volume difference does it really make? A lot?

Hey Elmer here is a suggestion for you. I have tried most of the concealers over the years and never liked dermatch. I prefer a spray on concealer and my experience is that they work better. Personally I use Prothik. In my opinion the correct way to apply the product is to spray it on to the scalp while the hair is wet. What you should be trying to do is matte the surface of the scalp to reduce the reflection of light. Then when you comb your hair any spray on the hair strand itself will come off with a wet comb while also rinsing that same comb off repeatedly. Be careful not to rub the scalp with the teeth of the comb.

By applying the product this way you do not lose the natural highlights of the hair which gives it a very natural appearance. The matte chalky appearance when applied to the hair strand itself looks very fake and unnatural.

You can check out my thread “Follow My Major Repair” as I have photos posted with just a minimal amount of hair using concealer and you will better understand what I have posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Can I ask you Tracy, what exactly do you do? Just 'paint ' it onto your hair and then comb it when dry?
    I actually put it in while my hair is still a little damp. That seems to me to work the best. It doesn't seem to work as well if I put it in while my hair is dry. The length of my hair may be the reason for that. I'm not sure. My hair is past my shoulders now. Actually, my cartoon avatar is pretty accurate to how my hair looks in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    How much volume difference does it really make? A lot?
    None of the concealers do anything meaningful for volume. Well, not to a woman at least. I have enough hair now to be able to achieve an acceptible "average day" look of volume without Dermmatch though. Dermmatch just makes it look like I have normal female density - but does nothing for volume. I can see where a guy might be able to achieve an acceptible look of volume with Dermmatch though.

I do still wear a topper for more dressy occasions. My topper gives me that female volume that I want for such occasions. But for my typical daily grooming, I use Dermmatch. I don;t want to wear a topper every day. Besides I mountain bike. I certainly don't want to be wearing a topper under my mountain bike helmet. Haha

Tracy thank you so much for your replies. You are great

Can I ask one more thing? I am getting the impression its applied like 'painting' your hair and then it thickens it.

Do they ever give small samples for people to try ?