Threaded View

Unhappy What completely upsets me about doing HT research...

Hi all, I've been doing research on HT for years...but more so in the past year than ever before. I've been on this forum, and have been lurking in others, and these are the biggest problems I face with doing research:

1) You finally find a small handful of doctors who appear to be the "best in the country." They have sparkling reviews. Then, you read other reviews that appear very legitimate who basically portray these same exact doctors as the biggest scumbags/hackjobs of the universe. So, that's 50% saying they're the best in the world, and 50% saying they're nightmares.

2) You read about the reason why it is so hard to tie in a specific doctor and find a negative review about them -- these doctors aggressively pay or threaten to get negative reviews pulled off the internet. Whether that is true or not, I don't know, but it adds to the frustration of doing research and attempting to get good opinions from real customers who aren't fake accounts created from the doctor's office, or the doctor's cousin.

3) Strip vs. FUE - I feel like I've been reading and doing SO much research on this topic and have gone absolutely nowhere in deciding which is better for me. The opinions for and against these two procedures are SO strong that I can't even say one has better overall sentiment than the other.

As of now, I'm still in NJ and have really been narrowing my decision down to Dr. Feller in NY. I was hardcore against the strip procedure because I refuse to live a life where I can never have a short haircut in the back due to a big glaring scar, but I keep reading how it seems to be the best way to go....not to mention, FUE would be $20,000+ since I'd need so much work done, it just feels so hopeless. I just feel so confused and like I'm spinning my wheels doing research and getting nowhere.

Any advice on how to deal with just getting some research done, or clouding out some of the things I've been reading?