+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Key to that guys success was his intent to keep a short hair style..... gives the elusion of more hair. His results are fantastic. If this is the look your hoping for, Definatley go with FUE..... do not do Strip. Dr B is located in Brussels. There are some very good FUE MD's in the states. If you do your homework, you'll know who they are. Do not carry to much weight in the opinions of people who rip MD's and never had work done by them. Photo's photo's photo's....how long has the Doc done FUE? How many has he done? what is his graft survival rate? Can you meet a patient? These are questions to ask...

Tracy...... What treatments are you refering too?

Tracy, thanks for your input, it does make a lot of sense and I'm not quick to make a decision that I'll regret...so I am definitely taking your stuff to heart. You must be talking about cloning and multiplication, right? I've been reading up on that. Seems like I keep hearing "it's coming soon" but it never seems to materialize...also, I'm afraid of what the introductory cost of that will be, I'm going to guess that it will far exceed what FUE costs (?)

northeastguy: Honestly, if my results even looked halfway as good as that guy, I'd be happy. I'd just keep it at that length. All I care about is for the top to be an even density with the sides and back. I have no delusions at all about having ridiculous density like I did when I was 19. Even when shaved with a #00000, it is painfully obvious that the top lost a lot and the sides have that light gray tint. My sides and back just have so much and it grows ridiculously fast. I have to actually shave it once a day, or every 2 days, the most.

As for the FUE dots, I always had a feeling that I would not have that problem...I heal very well and I have mediterranean skin.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Wearing hair is really not so bad. I did it for many years.
    Tracy, do you think that the ease and efficacy of wearing hair is comparable for men and women? I would think that it's much easier for women since men (especially mature ones) are dealing with much shorter hair (and thus more detectable hairpieces), but I admittedly have no experience in that realm.

What upsets me is people that get paid by HT surgeons come here and tell you the truth the way it suits them/their masters .

It makes decision making very difficult for genuine people like myself that come here looking for unbiased opinions

Quote Originally Posted by m261978 View Post
    Hi all, I've been doing research on HT for years...but more so in the past year than ever before. I've been on this forum, and have been lurking in others, and these are the biggest problems I face with doing research:
    I totally felt the same.....and guess what I gave up. I got know where.

A lot of surgeons and their representatives also can take a while to get back to you and then you have further questions and then again you have to wait for their reply. I just had endless questions cropping up that I wanted answered.

I also came across some pushy representative of an IAHRS surgeon that put me off, seemed to be after my money every week.

I am trying to cope with a shaved head and hoping for some new treatment to come out.

I would at least wait to see what Replicel's results are before committing to a HT as Replicel may have a cure soon, they are announcing results of clinical trials in the next few weeks.

Sausage, I hope your right regarding Replicel. I'm just not holding my breath. Lifes to short and I want to get on with it...

BTW, i did buy a little stock so I've got my fingers crossed a little tighter than normal

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Tracy, do you think that the ease and efficacy of wearing hair is comparable for men and women? I would think that it's much easier for women...
    I wouldn't say it's easier for women so much as it is more acceptable for women. I would suspect that it would be easier for a man who is a Norwood 6 or 7 because the pattern of loss is relatively well defined and they are typically slick bald at that stage. When you have a wacky pattern of mixed density like I have, what else can you do but wear full wigs - and I did so for many years just so I could leave the house to go to work. I absolutely hated wearing full wigs. They are terrible. As I got hair back I graduated from full wigs to pull-through toppers. Toppers are kind of like toupées in that they are only partial hair pieces. Some glue on or tape on like a toupée and others clip on or use the pull-through method. Toppers are not perfect but they are a lot more stealthy and comfortable than full wigs. It is usually easier for a woman to conceal that she is wearing a topper because women usually do not loose their hair lines - though their hair lines do weeken. You cannot conceal a full wig easily - if at all.

I wore hair systems for 11 years before my first HT procedure in 1996. I hated wearing them because most men lose in their frontal zone which includes loss of hairline. That was the toughest part for me every morning and/or whenever I washed my system which was attached to my scalp. In the beginning, it took hours to master the right techniques and then I had to use lots of hair spray to hold that look in place.

Women are very talented at creating hair styles and typically wear their length longer which enables them to pull their hair in different directions. That's very helpful in covering areas of thinning or balding. Many of them learn how to create volume with an air brush. Things that many guys simply do not have skill in. Many guys comb their hair straight back which helps create illusionary volume and coverage.

Many women thin in the Ludwig pattern of hairloss which produces thinning throughout the scalp verses the recessionary patterns of loss that most men take on. Toppik works great in thinning areas as many of us know.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

m261978 I completely agree with you. Its hard because there is a lot of money in the HT industry meaning that people will do anything to get you in that chair...

But with most research there is always contradictive information and the fact that we are human means we all heal different...

I wrote a post which may help you on picking a surgeon this may provide a little guidance...

My opinion is getting in contact with people on the any forum and meet them in person who has had a HT and who are in the same boat as you... Nevertheless, results will vary but atleast if you pick the same doctor you could hope it turns out well for you.

Good luck buddy...